Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153469 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 15: Level ups. The RNG strikes back. New player.
« Reply #720 on: April 24, 2011, 10:11:32 pm »

Go west old man, that's what you've been told.
You walk west. [Luck: 5] You find a campfire with a sleeping man next to it. This is half a mile west, so this must be Darteran. Fortunately, he's sleeping.

Location change: Darteran's camp.

SECONDARY QUEST: Kill Darteran.
  Go to the X on the map.
  Kill Darteran.

Kirion scratched his head. All right, let's try this. He put his hand on Darin's upper arm, hoping that actually physically touching his target would help, and tried again.
[5+1+1][Luck: 1]: Touching Darin, you attempt healing. However, something's wrong: The usual bright cyan glow of healing, is instead a dark purple. Darin screams and swats you head away. He looks worse than before. If you had to guess, you just preformed necromancy on Darin by accident.

+3 Necromancy magic skill.
New spell: Minor Vampiric Touch: Easy to cast (no modifiers). Takes 2-5 HP from target on physical contact and gives it to you.
Darin: -4 HP.

+1 Chaos.

Make spikes come up from under it, make "slabs" between us and the dragon (for cover).
[5+2-1][Luck: 3]: You make large dull spikes come up from underneath Durnneran. It doesn't hurt him. Durnneran awakens with an annoyed growl and just walks off of the spikes. Your slabs are shorter than you expected, and don't really give much cover.

+3 Earth magic skill.
Now Adept in Earth magic.
Level up! Pick 2 attribute points.

+1 Chaos.

Put +0 difficulty Placed Chaos Shield on self.
[6+1][Luck: 1]: You manage to screw up so badly that the shield ends up attracting chaos. And you put it on yourself. CRAP!

+3 Shield magic.
Now Novice in Shield magic.
Level up! Pick 2 attribute points.
+Status: Chaos attracting shield placed on self: Chaos radiation multiplied by three.

+3 Chaos.

Throw the cart at the dragon using my wind magic. Aiming for the head.
[5][Luck: 6]: You throw the cart at Durnneran.

[3+1] VS [4-1] The cart just barely clips Durnneran. It does 3 damage. You manage to earn his angry glare.

+3 Air magic.
+1 Chaos.
Durnneran: -3 HP.

Quote from: Dostricht
Chaaaarrrrggggeeee!
Dostricht charges towards Durnneran. [6+4+2] VS [2+2-1] Durnneran is hit dead center. He takes 9+4+2 damage.

Durnneran: -15 HP.

Suddenly, Dostricht looks much more mundane than before, somehow.

Quote from: Ze Spy
Disappear.
Suddenly, Ravenium disappears into a cloud of chaos dust along with her equipment.

Ravenium: Left the game.

Quote from: Dwarmin
Enter the game.
Suddenly, a bolt of lightning hits the ground and you find yourself in the town of Toi. You were eating your lunch, and you didn't read any scrolls. What the hell?

Oh well, at least you've got a jump start on your quest now.

Tala Sul: Entered game.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Accurarwa 5
Get Nathan!
The fifth shoots at Nathan.

[4+2] VS [6+1-1] Nathan just barely dodges out of the way of the arrow.

Nathan: +3 Defense skill.
Now Beginner in Defense.

Keep running away, if it is holding me by the hair, cut it off with my sword, otherwise shoot it with my dehydration bolt as were running
You cut your hair, and continue running.

Quote from: Accurarwa 2
Don't let Nat get away!
The second swings his dagger at Nat's legs.

[4+1] VS [5+1] Nat dodges out of the way, barely avoiding the sharp blade.

Nat: +3 defense skill.
Nat: Now Novice in Defense skill.
Nat: Level up! Pick 2 attribute points.

Quote from: Accurarwa 3
Shoot Nat with another firebolt!
[3+2-2][Luck: 1]. The third fires a bolt at Nat, however it flies towards the second Accurarwa. Friendly fire ahoy.

[1+2] VS [4+2] The bolt misses.

Steal a large portion of life from Accurarwa 5 and keep running.
Feeling threatened by the fifth, you attempt to suck some life from him.

[4+2-3][Luck: 4]: You barely cast the spell. (Autohit because it's AoE) It sucks 5 HP from him (3-7).

+5 HP.
+2 Necromancy magic skill.
High Major Life Siphon: Very difficult (-3). Sucks 3-7 HP remotely from target and gives it to you.
Now Adept in Necromancy magic.
Accurarwa 5: -5 HP.

+1 Chaos.

SECONDARY QUEST: Save the brother.

The two continue to run away.

Nat: [4][Luck: 4] Nat gains a large distance from the Accurarwa, leaving her aggressors in the dust.
Nathan: [2][Luck: 1] Nathan is not so lucky. He only manages to get a short distance when the second Accurarwa tackles him.
Accurarwa 2: [6-1] The second tackles Nathan to the ground.
Accurarwa 3: [5-1] The third follows close behind.
Accurarwa 5: [6-1] The fifth joins in tackling Nathan.

...Things just aren't going Nathan's way.

Caution: Darin has 8 HP left.

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TolyK (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Serious Concentrate (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HmH (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Draignean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Allies:

Deep Whispers:
Spoiler: Dostricht (click to show/hide)

Enemies:

Deep Whispers:

Chaos Hollows:
Spoiler: Accurarwa 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accurarwa 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accurarwa 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accurarwa 4 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accurarwa 5 (click to show/hide)

I do believe everything's done. If anything's wrong, tell me.

I'm kinda thinking about lowering the attribute/level gain speed from later level ups now. Because, doing the math, in the later levels (level 9), on average, it only takes .5333333... actions to gain an attribute point. That's about two attribute points per action, which is just broken in my opinion. Thoughts?

Also, I gave Dwarmin's tatoo a very nice ability to help him catch up to everyone else. Enjoy.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 12:46:58 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: April 24, 2011, 10:24:34 pm »

-_________________________-

Since healing Darin was going ever more horribly with each attempt, Kirion gave up on it and instead decided to try and protect him. He rushed the dragon, under the assumption that if it was busy fighting him and Dostricht it wouldn't be attacking everyone else. While I'm here, I might as well try that again, he thought, casting the Minor Vampiric Touch spell.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 01:30:15 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: April 24, 2011, 10:28:27 pm »

Wow, the RNG is pissed.

Anyway, you forgot to update the dragon's hp and my skill/level stuff. The latter's rather understandable as I haven't picked attributes yet, of course.

Regarding late-game balance, I guess I'm inclined to agree. Maybe you should make levels take and give static amounts instead?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: April 24, 2011, 10:42:03 pm »

1 point in strength, second in stamina

Before doing my turn, i want to know if there is any water and if so where it is and how much
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: April 24, 2011, 11:02:09 pm »

-_________________________-
:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Anyway, you forgot to update the dragon's hp and my skill/level stuff. The latter's rather understandable as I haven't picked attributes yet, of course.
Derp. And I also forgot to give you a chaos attracting status. Fixing.

Regarding late-game balance, I guess I'm inclined to agree. Maybe you should make levels take and give static amounts instead?
Can't see anything wrong with that. I'll make the change right now. You guys shouldn't even notice it.

Though one thing that's still bugging me is that I made HP gain kinda low in my opinion.

1 point in strength, second in stamina
No such thing.

Before doing my turn, i want to know if there is any water and if so where it is and how much
None. You're kinda in a arid desert.

Also, guys, I'm going to be weakening Dostricht a little bit. Seriously, it only took one turn for Dostricht and already the dragon lost 15 HP.

Ed: Done. He should now be mortal.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 11:16:54 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: April 24, 2011, 11:03:40 pm »

Well there was only one course of action from here. Arzhog shrugged his shoulders to loosen them and straightened his rags, walkingover to the sleeping man and gently nudging him awake.

Wake the sleeping man gently, when you he wakes say "My name is Arzhog, I am here to bring you to justice for the dishnorable murder of Sheila of Toi. You will either accompany me back to Toi and face their justice, or you will take up your weapon and fight with me. If you choose to fight me I will allow you time to cleanse the sleep from your body and ready your weapon."
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: April 25, 2011, 12:12:37 am »

Can Polymorph mend several different bodies into a single one?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: April 25, 2011, 12:15:37 am »

No. You can only morph one body at a time, and since you need to be able to morph all bodies in question at the same time in order for that to work, it's not possible to morph several bodies into one.

...Why?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: April 25, 2011, 12:17:15 am »

when i said stamina i meant toughness

Slightly paniking, nat tries to think of the best wawy to help nathan out, her addled mind finaly thinks of something, maby not the best plan, buyt it should buy him some time

Shoot accurarwa 2 and put a maintanaince shield over nathan so thier blows dont hit so hard
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: April 25, 2011, 12:55:45 am »

Awww, I was hoping- oh god multiplied?! If that thing breathes on me I'll mutate instantly. :(

...I'm afraid to ask, but, does that also count as my placed shield?

Though one thing that's still bugging me is that I made HP gain kinda low in my opinion.
It is. I'm not positive that's a bad thing, but if you don't like high level characters being just as squishy unless they invest in being otherwise, you could give additional HP per SLP or level. Do note that would reduce the value of Toughness, though.

Also, guys, I'm going to be weakening Dostricht a little bit. Seriously, it only took one turn for Dostricht and already the dragon lost 15 HP.

Ed: Done. He should now be mortal.
Aw, I liked him as a demigod. Plus the stronger he is, the harder it is for us to do things to the villagers. :P

No. You can only morph one body at a time, and since you need to be able to morph all bodies in question at the same time in order for that to work, it's not possible to morph several bodies into one.
Oh god this means multiple polymorphers could pull it off. I'll totally help us make horrible chimaeras.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: April 25, 2011, 01:11:41 am »

Awww, I was hoping- oh god multiplied?! If that thing breathes on me I'll mutate instantly. :(

...I'm afraid to ask, but, does that also count as my placed shield?
Yes. To both.

You better get working on removing it. :P

Also, you should run away from everyone else so the dragon doesn't get you when it breath on other members.

Aw, I liked him as a demigod. Plus the stronger he is, the harder it is for us to do things to the villagers. :P
Don't worry, the actual guard is also pretty tough too. Imagine the Accurarwa, only 1.5 times as strong.

Oh god this means multiple polymorphers could pull it off. I'll totally help us make horrible chimaeras.
If you all roll good rolls. It's hard to get body parts exact. 80% of the time you'll end up without connecting things, and they'll just fall apart.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: April 25, 2011, 01:23:49 am »

You better get working on removing it. :P

Also, you should run away from everyone else so the dragon doesn't get you when it breath on other members.
How would I go about that?

And good idea. :-\

If you all roll good rolls. It's hard to get body parts exact. 80% of the time you'll end up without connecting things, and they'll just fall apart.
Well... assuming [4][Luck 4] or better is needed to succeed (which is probably pretty pessimistic when you include bonuses, but it could be an unlucky/high level spell), you've got a 50/50 chance of each roll, meaning a single caster has a 25% chance to pull it off. With two casters that'd be a 6.25% chance of successfully making a turtle dog or whatever in one go.

On the other hand, if we assume [3][Luck 3] will work and everyone's got a +2 bonus, we basically autosuceed the skill roll and have a 66% chance of succeeding on the luck roll. That's a 43.56% chance for two casters to make a turtledog. Three would have a 28.75% chance of working, and four could pull it off 18.97% of the time.

So, the odds aren't good, depending on what exactly all the modifiers are, but there's still a very solid chance of making certain combinations in only two or three tries. And really, for the pleasure of owning your very own bearsquid or jackalhawk, isn't that worth it? :P

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: April 25, 2011, 01:25:51 am »

Prepare a windspell to divert the dragon's breath attack if he uses it

Yeah, I'm currently trying to find out what and what I can't donwith it :P

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: April 25, 2011, 01:29:38 am »

Changed my action. Might as well try leveling up this new skill. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: April 25, 2011, 01:31:46 am »

...Why?
"Dogzilla!!!"

Morph Accurarwa 5's ribcage open, rendering his heart vulnerable to attacks, and stab him in the heart with a bolt.
wolfchild: you should freeze Accurarwa 5's blood instead, preferably in one of his vital organs. If we mortally wound the ones tackling me, the mage will not be a problem, and then we can raise them to serve as meatshields against the remaining Accurarwa.

UPD: Edited my action a bit to include a melee attack and save both mine and GM's time. Also changed the target to prevent my attack from overlapping with wolfchild's.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 08:15:56 am by HmH »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 139