Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153456 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 14: Running away. Big Bad Dragon Boss.
« Reply #705 on: April 24, 2011, 04:37:43 am »

No, I mean, what's around? I know there's the cart, but maybe there's rocks or something.
I'd think of something... but:
1: I'm too lazy/sleepy.
2: TolyK smoothed the entirety of Deep Whispers. For some strange reason.

So there's nothing else besides a few smooth bumps (formerly rocks) on the side of the wall. They won't give you much cover since the dragon is in the center.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: April 24, 2011, 04:40:57 am »

I think the best way to deal with the dragon is to fight it at range, obviously. Use your magic to keep it at bay and let fly.

If you don't have effective ranged attacks, well don't be afraid to engage it in melee. Dostricht is going to be one hell of a tank (I would hope), which really turns this fight in your favor. You should probably try to keep him alive, and get the dragon to concentrate it's attack on him.

I would also suggest intelligent positioning, so you all can't be hit by the same breath attack at once.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: April 24, 2011, 04:42:40 am »

Damn you Tolyk!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: April 24, 2011, 05:02:48 am »

I like how I've been pretty much constantly editing my character at whim every few days, waiting for someone to die. I'm think I'm done now...

By the way, She's going to be a total hybrid of martial arts melee, archery and fire magic.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: April 24, 2011, 05:38:43 am »

Damn you Tolyk!
lol
that was so that we could not trip
PUSH THE CART! WITH AIR MAGIC!

Or stalactites, for a more windslashy solution.
I'm planning some already...  :P

Okay, plan a initialized:
Make spikes come up from under it, make "slabs" between us and the dragon (for cover).
I'm estimating maximum -1 :P but you decide.

FOLKS STAY BACK A BIT, I'M MAKING SPIKES GO UP! USE RANGED ATTACKS FOR NOW, GO IN WHEN WE GET COVER

Tarran: Can you evaluate my action first? I think it would make sense :P
It depends. How large are you planning for the slabs to be? How large are you planning the spikes to be? Are the slabs going to be as small as a rat or as large a titan? Are the spikes going to be the size of the dragon's toe or the size of it's entire body?
Slabs: A bit higher than a person squatting :P, a.k.a. just enough for cover, but possible to look over.
Spikes: The size of the dragon's leg.

Not as big as a cistern :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: April 24, 2011, 01:32:34 pm »

I like how I've been pretty much constantly editing my character at whim every few days, waiting for someone to die. I'm think I'm done now...
Heh, good thing I linked to your post instead of copying everything down, ehh?

Slabs: A bit higher than a person squatting :P, a.k.a. just enough for cover, but possible to look over.
I'd see that as a -1.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: April 24, 2011, 01:33:24 pm »

Eh. Throw the cart at the dragon using my wind magic. Aiming for the head.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: April 24, 2011, 02:19:42 pm »

I'd see that as a -1.
That sounds fine.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: April 24, 2011, 04:43:50 pm »

Wait, does the sneak attack mean we get a full turn of shenanigans with no retaliation, or just that we all auto-win initiative and then the dragon wakes up and does stuff?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: April 24, 2011, 05:03:04 pm »

Hmmm, let's ask past self!

[Player initiative: 6, players go first with a sneak attack (no enemy turns for one turn if you attack) and can leave without fighting]

Looks like it's the former.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: April 24, 2011, 05:06:42 pm »

TURN!!
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: April 24, 2011, 05:14:24 pm »

No. I'm too lazy right now.

...However, an update to one of your two RTDs may help me along... :P

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: April 24, 2011, 05:15:25 pm »

...Did you just "No U" on Draignean? :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: April 24, 2011, 05:18:12 pm »

...Yes. Yes I did. :P

Regardless, I'll will myself into doing an update... eventually.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: April 24, 2011, 05:33:30 pm »

Working on an update on imperfect, running out of power though.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 139