Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153462 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 14: Running away. Big Bad Dragon Boss.
« Reply #675 on: April 24, 2011, 02:25:00 am »

Kirion observed the competition. "I dunno if we can take them... maybe with Dostricht's help," he said with a sigh. "I don't think we could get past the traps even if we did defeat the statues. Let's look for the dragon instead." He attempted to cast Minor Healing on Darin again, because it was becoming something like a nervous tic for him.
[6+1+1][Luck: 2]: You expertly cast a average Healing instead of a minor one, but you miss Darin entirely. How... embarrassing.

+3 Healing magic skill.
+1 Chaos.

"Stay the hell back, If anyone of you are planning to go in and die, i'll just wait outside"

Find the dragon

You go off to find the dragon.

+1 Chaos.

Astrally Project to the aid of the Accurawra attacked companions!

Or dream of eating roast pig with a few old friends, whichever.

[1][Lucidity: 6]: You dream of a horrible dream: Of miles and miles of filth. You are entirely aware that you are dreaming, but you can't control the dream! And then you see... HIM! Make it stop! MAKE IT STOP! AAAAAAAa-

...you wake up. You are extremely sweaty, and sober. The man stands over you. "Awake? Good. The place you are looking for is half a mile west. I'll wait here, okay?"

Hmm Go find the dragon, but stay back behind (Ze Spy)
You follow Ravenium close behind.

+1 Chaos.

-1 difficulty penalty healing on self. Find dragon, staying in back of group.
You attempt an average healing. [3+1+1-1][Luck: 4] You succeed, and heal 5 HP.

+5 HP.
+1 Healing magic skill.
New spell: Healing: Hard to cast (-1). Heals 3-7 HP.

+1 Chaos.

Heheh.

While searching for the dragon, train some floating
While searching for the dragon, you train [2-2][Luck: 6] staying on the ground. Levitating humans is a little too much for you right now. Might want to start smaller.

+1 Chaos.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Accurarwa 1
Stab Nathan!
[6] VS [4+1-1] The first makes an unpredictable path with his spear, hitting Nathan despite his good dodging. He deals 3 Hitpoints of damage.

Nathan: +2 Defense skill.
Nathan: -3 HP.

Quote from: Accurarwa 2
Slice Nat!
[2+1] VS [4+1-1] The second swings at Nat. Nat dodges out of the way somewhat skillfully.

Nat: +2 Defense skill.
Nat: Now Novice in defense.

Quote from: Accurarwa 3
Minor Fire Bolt Nathan!
[6-2+2][Luck: 2] He throws his firebolt at Nathan, but due to his poor aiming it instead it flies towards the first Accurarwa.

[5+2] VS [4+1] It hits him [Shield roll failed], dealing 2 damage (1d4). It does not set him on fire.

Accurarwa 1: -2 HP.

Quote from: Accurarwa 4
SMASH PUNY WIZARD NAT!
[2+3] VS [4+1] He just barely misses Nat with his large claws.

Quote from: Accurarwa 5
Shoot Nathan.
[1+1] VS [1-1] He fires very poorly but Nathan dodges so badly that he actually hits, dealing 2 damage (1d3). Also, there's poison...

[Poison roll: 3][Poison type: Toxic] Nathan feels slightly ill. He looses 1 HP.

Nathan: -3 HP.

Put a portable anti-magic shield on Accurarwa 3 and run away.
[6-1+2][Luck: 3]: You successfully place a strong shield on the third. However, he already shot a bolt at you.

You attempt to run away with Nat.

+3 shield magic.
New spell: Anti-magic shield: Hard to cast (-1 to casting). Stops target from using spells 1/6th of the time.
+Status: Placed shield: Cannot place shields for 5 turns.

if hmh does not blow the wistle, water hose the aquarua or whatever and run away
There's a thing called copy and paste. Come on, put some effort into it.

You try to hose the second. [3+1][Luck: 2] You miss.

You attempt to run away with Nathan.

+1 Water magic skill.

Main Quest: Dragon hunt.
Deciding not to charge to your doom, you go down the final tunnel... all that loot, left behind for another few thousand years...

[Player initiative: 6 Players go first and get sneak attack]: The party comes across a large room. Multiple shiny things lay in the back. In the center is a purple dragon. He looks fairly healthy and young. He seems to have an abnormal tail: It is shaped like a mace. And the room seems to blur as you get closer to him. This is clearly not a normal Chaos dragon. Get ready, this is going to be tough.

MAIN QUEST: Dragon Hunt.
  Talk to the Captain of the Guard for details.
  Travel to the Deep Whispers.
  Find the Dragon.
  Kill the dragon.

Secondary Quest: Save the brother.

Nat and Nathan run away from the Accurarwa.
Nat: [1][Luck: 1] (Are you kidding me?) Nat launches herself away but only gets a small distance away before the second Accurarwa grabs her by the hair. She trips on a rock and into a larger rock, breaking her nose.
Nathan: [1][Luck: 5] Nathan trips on a rock, and falls down into a hole, out of sight... until the fifth one gets all up and close.
Accurarwa 1: [1-1] The first trips the same rock as Nathan, and smashes his own head into another. He becomes unconscious.
Accurarwa 2: [5-1] The second grabs Nat by the hair.
Accurarwa 3: [5-1] The third manages to stay in the action.
Accurarwa 4: [2-1] The fourth trips on a stone and twists an ankle, delaying him for two turns.
Accurarwa 5: [6-1] The fifth charges after Nathan, and spots him fall into a hole.

Nat: -2 HP.
Accurarwa 1: +Status: Unconscious: Cannot be woken up for undefined amount of turns except from external forces.
Accurarwa 4: +Status: Twisted ankle: Cannot move for 2 turns.

...Wow, the RNG REALLY didn't want you guys to escape.

Caution: Nathan has 6 HP left.

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ze Spy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TolyK (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Serious Concentrate (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HmH (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Draignean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)

Allies:

Deep Whispers:
Spoiler: Dostricht (click to show/hide)

Enemies:

Deep Whispers:

Chaos Hollows:
Spoiler: Accurarwa 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accurarwa 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accurarwa 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accurarwa 4 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accurarwa 5 (click to show/hide)

Alright, the first boss of the game, on turn 14... seems kinda early but whatever. I tried to make Durnneran easy enough for you guys to defeat but too tough for Dostricht to defeat on his own. Not sure if it worked or not because Dostricht is way higher in levels than you guys but whatever.

Also, RUN HmH RUN FOR THE HILLS.

Anyway, tell me if you spot anything wrong or confusing.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 06:41:09 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: April 24, 2011, 02:33:15 am »

Keep running away, if it is holding me by the hair, cut it off with my sword, otherwise shoot it with my dehydration bolt as were running
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 24, 2011, 02:38:23 am »

GO DRAGON!

Arzhog shook his head from side to side, trying to clear the residual dream from his mind. It would always end this way, his fate had been sealed long ago. Feeling much wearier for his rest Arzhog clapped his guide on the shoulder and assured him of his return. There was business to attend to.

Go west old man, that's what you've been told.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: April 24, 2011, 02:49:20 am »

I know that you are making the Dragon so that it's easy for us to defeat yet can't be killed by the COTG alone, but, +8 damage? seriously?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 24, 2011, 02:50:58 am »

Wind slice it.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 01:33:44 pm by Darvi »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: April 24, 2011, 02:54:06 am »

Dragon claws: These claws look very sharp: +8 to damage.
Dragon's speed: Dragons need to be fast with their claws in order to survive: +2 to melee.
My crappy 1/4 damage robe and 5 HP shield have never looked so necessary.

Also, I am awesome at dodging heals.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: April 24, 2011, 02:57:56 am »

Yeah, my luck sucks there. :3 Gonna keep trying though... kinda what I'm here for. :p

Kirion scratched his head. All right, let's try this. He put his hand on Darin's upper arm, hoping that actually physically touching his target would help, and tried again.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: April 24, 2011, 02:58:25 am »

Okay, plan a initialized:
Make spikes come up from under it, make "slabs" between us and the dragon (for cover).
I'm estimating maximum -1 :P but you decide.

Dragon's speed: Dragons need to be fast with their claws in order to survive: +2 to melee.

Also, I am awesome at dodging heals.
lol.

Darvi: it's -25% to air, so maybe bad idea. Or not, i dunno.

FOLKS STAY BACK A BIT, I'M MAKING SPIKES GO UP! USE RANGED ATTACKS FOR NOW, GO IN WHEN WE GET COVER

Tarran: Can you evaluate my action first? I think it would make sense :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: April 24, 2011, 02:59:21 am »

also, Mr. Awesome Dude will likely like the extra cover available ;)
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: April 24, 2011, 02:59:52 am »

I have no bolts, chaos and melee would be suicidal. What d'ya expect from me, sing at it?

Hmmm...

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: April 24, 2011, 03:01:41 am »

oh god.
with your singing you'll make it kill you first :P

just blow stuff into it I guess. OH! BLOW THE CART INTO IT BEFORE THE SPIKES COME UP!
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: April 24, 2011, 03:05:06 am »

Well, you could try handing someone your shortsword in exchange for being loaned bolts.

You could also try learning a new type of magic. A 75% power Novice spell might be worse than a 100% No Skill Spell, depending.

Finally, you could try using wind magic indirectly, like TolyK just suggested. I'd lean more towards wind shields myself, but whatever works.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: April 24, 2011, 03:05:18 am »

I am a good singer! Do you want me to chaos nuke you, knave?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: April 24, 2011, 03:07:15 am »

well you might be, but your luck with it in the beginning...  :P
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: April 24, 2011, 03:10:52 am »

GO DRAGON!
You're nice...

I know that you are making the Dragon so that it's easy for us to defeat yet can't be killed by the COTG alone, but, +8 damage? seriously?
Yes. Seriously. It's a freaking dragon that's the size of three horses. You'd expect it to hit with at least three times the power.

I could've made it worse and had it have 80 HP, but I decided 60 HP with the damage was enough.

Also, that's if it hits. If it misses the damage means nothing.

Of course, you have no Defense skill and only a little agility bonus along with piss poor HP. But that's your own fault, ya know.

Heh. :P

Okay, plan a initialized:
Make spikes come up from under it, make "slabs" between us and the dragon (for cover).
I'm estimating maximum -1 :P but you decide.

FOLKS STAY BACK A BIT, I'M MAKING SPIKES GO UP! USE RANGED ATTACKS FOR NOW, GO IN WHEN WE GET COVER

Tarran: Can you evaluate my action first? I think it would make sense :P
It depends. How large are you planning for the slabs to be? How large are you planning the spikes to be? Are the slabs going to be as small as a rat or as large a titan? Are the spikes going to be the size of the dragon's toe or the size of it's entire body?

I have no bolts, chaos and melee would be suicidal. What d'ya expect from me, sing at it?

Hmmm...
I am a good singer! Do you want me to chaos nuke you, knave?
...Singing would have no effect, since this guy doesn't care about songs, he cares about ripping your bone from your flesh.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 139