Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153229 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Quote from: Bat Profile
Undead: Cannot heal.
I am sad. Or, did you mean it can't heal on its own?

Either one's pretty reasonable, unfortunately. :(

So, IronyOwl... care to elaborate on this RTD you were talking about? :3
THIS.
Yeah. Do tell. I won't mind.
Well, alright then.

Spoiler: Setting (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Melee Combat (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)

So yes... still have some snags and things that don't quite work like I want them to, but the basic premises are sound.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

At the risk of sounding generic, it looks promising. Any idea when it'll be available, or do you want to discuss any of the aspects? (Not here of course, I don't want to derail Tarran's thread any more than necessary.) I may not have much experience with running RTDs but maybe having someone/people to bounce ideas off of might help. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Quote from: Bat Profile
Undead: Cannot heal.
I am sad. Or, did you mean it can't heal on its own?
Cannot be healed. You'd have to revive it a second time for it to "regain" HP, but there's a good chance for the bat to be destroyed after it's been killed again.

Spoiler: Setting (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Melee Combat (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)

So yes... still have some snags and things that don't quite work like I want them to, but the basic premises are sound.
The Concepts system is a little bit confusing. You might want to either make it easier to understand or simplify it. I'd recommend the former as this sounds interesting as-is.

Another problem with the Concepts system is that I see the beginning being extremely slow and limiting for spellcasters.

Anyway, I'll be sure to play a Tainted for the lulz.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

:D

'nuff said.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

specifics - blocks 10 points of chaos, up to 2 a turn
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uh, I meant:
What level* of spell is it?
Is it mobile or immobile?
Is it Placed or Maintained?

Spoiler: * (click to show/hide)
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

well i said place and whatever dificulty does that, or the -1 to the roll one
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Arzhog belches in confusion.

Covert bump, what can I say, my RTD is being slow.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am going to update... sometime soon. It's just that a few of the actions this turn are unappealing for me to write at the moment, and I'm too bored to finish them right now. I finished all the others though.

Just to tease you guys: We got two luck 2 rolls and one luck 1 roll along with a 2 normal roll. So we've got plenty of failing this turn.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Can't you just skim over them?

"[1+1][Luck 2], you fail. Moving on to the interesting people."

Also damn you all, because at least one of those was probably someone healing me.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can't you just skim over them?

"[1+1][Luck 2], you fail. Moving on to the interesting people."
You'd wish. Most of the ones I'm procrastinating on are the ones that have a load of work behind them. And I don't want to do that anyway, it's not nice.

Also damn you all, because at least one of those was probably someone healing me.
Don't forget that you were also trying to heal yourself. ;D

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

oh sh**
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 11: All the luck is GONE. Moar combat.
« Reply #583 on: April 18, 2011, 09:18:07 pm »

I noticed I forgot to roll Ze's sword's monster spawning last turn, so I'll run it this one.

Make another one a cart-like thing that is fairly sturdy, out of earth.
follow Ze Spy
[4+2+1-1][Luck: 1]: Showing your lack of luck, you create a very heavy cart. On top of yourself. It hurts, and pins you down. You can't move.

Damage roll from cart: 1d10. Roll:1.

However, you manage to avoid smashing the important parts of your body with the cart, and only take 1 damage.

+2 Earth magic skill.
New Spell: Earth Shaping: Hard (-1 to casting). Allows you to shape a medium amount of dirt.
+Status: Pinned by cart: Cannot move.
-1 HP.

+1 chaos.

Agree to the increased price, make sure the man knows that he gets nothing if I can't make it back out alive after I get in. Travel!
You offer the man the money, he agrees to take you half way to the other side of the swamp.

...After a long journey, [Luck: 1] you do the smart thing and trip onto a Izzci, which [Poison roll: 6] is VERY POISONOUS. [Luck: 1] You smash your entire body against it. Oh for crying out loud...

[Poison resist roll: 3]: You just barely keep from falling unconscious instantly. The man rushes over to you "You're a idiot. Drink this." The man gives you an anti-poison vial which [Anti-poison: 4] helps a lot. You still nearly die though. "You'd better give me ten gold now, since that's how much this vial cost."

-28 HP.
Location change: Some Izzci swamp.

O.o was Kirion's expression as he observed Darin practically dying to reanimate the dead bat. "For Isaia's sake..." he muttered. "Here, I'll patch you up as best as I can, but all of us gotta be moving on, OK? I can practically feel the chaos irradiating the area."

Cast Major Healing on Darin and GTFO of the area.

[4+1][Luck: 2]: You cast a powerful healing spell at Darin... You just missed by about one person. You can also see him trying to heal himself, and fail.

Also, you notice your spellbook shifting a little.

+2 Healing magic.
Now Adept at healing magic.
Level up to level 1! Pick 2 attribute points.

+1 chaos.

Attempt to heal self. Lead group to far right passage.
[5][Luck: 2]: You attempt to heal yourself, and you do cast the spell, but you have no idea where you casted it at. Then it hits you: You casted it at the floor you were looking at. Bah.

+3 Healing magic skill.
New spell: Minor Healing: Easy to cast (no modifiers). Heals 2-5 HP.

+1 chaos.

place a  chaos shield on myself
[3+1+1][Luck: 5]: Showing remarkable knowledge of chaos shields, you place down a shield stronger than you were working for.

Unfortunately, that won't help against ANGRY DOG MEN WIELDING WEAPONS.

+1 Shield magic skill.
New spell: Major Chaos shield: Difficult to cast (-2 to casting). Immobile. Blocks 3 points of chaos radiation per turn. Blocks up to 15 points of Chaos if Placed.
+Status: Protected by Major Chaos Shield: Immobile. Blocks 3 points of chaos radiation per turn. Blocks up to 15 points of Chaos (1/15 absorbed).
+Status: Placed shield: Cannot place any shields for 5 turns.

"Right, let's go find this dragon"
You prepare to go down the middle-left path, but notice everyone killing themselves and decide that you should wait..

[SWORD ROLL]: You actually feel threatened this time. Not by much, but a little bit.

+1 chaos.

Hide and wait until Accurarwa come out. If they don't, use the whistle.
[2]: ONCE AGAIN, you fail to hide. You see two hostile Accurarwa coming out, branding copper-bronze items. They are slightly shorter than humans, and appear to be somewhat as intelligent as humans. They bark/shout for their friends. You hear several more footsteps. Get ready, this will be tough!

+1 chaos.

DANGER: Darin has 2 HP left.
WARNING: Arzhog has 3 HP left.

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ze Spy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TolyK (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Serious Concentrate (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HmH (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Draignean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)

Allies:
Spoiler: Dostricht (click to show/hide)

Enemies:

Chaos Hollows:
Spoiler: Accurarwa 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accurarwa 2 (click to show/hide)

...Wow, you guys are having a really bad day.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 01:57:22 am by Tarran »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 11: All the luck is GONE. Moar combat.
« Reply #584 on: April 18, 2011, 09:24:23 pm »

Kirion blinked. "Let me try that again."

Continue attempting to heal Darin with a Minor Healing spell, 1 point to endurance and 1 to intelligence.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 139