Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153080 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Well, I'm not sick anymore and today's a crappy day and I've got free time so...

Sometime. I'm not in a rush because you guys aren't the GM and you have no say on when I post turns because you guys are unimportant. :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

lol whenever you feel like it
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dog picture...*Facepalm*

Yeah, I'm a lazy arse. I'll get on with this as soon as I'm done reading other RTDs, which should take less than 15 minutes.

The turn, however, will likely take hours, so be patient.

Anyway, I'm happy to know you guys enjoy this.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Yeesh. There's gotta be some way to cut that down some.

Don't suppose you have any experience in programming?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh, it's not that bad. I've got Jef's manly voice to keep me company.

Enough to make a basic calculator. And I have no idea where I would start if I tried anything else sooooo... pretty much no.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Eh, it's not that bad. I've got Jef's manly voice to keep me company.
Even if it's not that bad now, it might get tiresome in twenty turns or so. If nothing else, it'd let you do it on shorter notice.

Enough to make a basic calculator. And I have no idea where I would start if I tried anything else sooooo... pretty much no.
If you know how it works well enough to do anything practical with it, chances are you can do just about anything if you look up how.

And I mean, if it takes a couple hours, there's gotta be something in there that's pretty much just tedious manual labor.

...though, looking back on previous turns, I'm not sure what. Do you just type slow? :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...though, looking back on previous turns, I'm not sure what. Do you just type slow? :P
I type slow. I'm a lazy son of a gun and like to put things off for as long as possible.

Anyway, basically finished the turn now, just have to update the statuses and I'll be on my way.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 9: Bat pieces. Cutting of self. Lootz.
« Reply #503 on: April 16, 2011, 12:17:53 am »

Yey, turnz.

Thank Nathan, Load the Dehydration bolt and let us get going
[No rolls because you'll likely get a 1]: You travel with Nathan to the Chaos Hollows.

Location change: Chaos Hollows entrance.
SECONDARY QUEST: Save the brother.
  Go to cut Izzci.
  Go north to The Chaos Hollows.
  Find the brother.
+1 Chaos Radiation.

Offer the weeping man a drink and sit with him, look understanding and try to talk as little as possible. Offer to help him.
[Luck: 2]: The man refuses your drink. [Conversation: 6-1-2+1]: The man looks at you a little disbelieving that a drunk could help but then he recognizes you.

"My... my wife was killed by some bastard named Darteran. The captain spent two days searching for him but didn't find him. I was going to ask him to search again because I recently found more information to his location, but the captain wasn't there. If you could go to the X on this map and kill him, I could spare 20 gold for you. Remember to bring his ring so I know you really killed him."

He passes a map to you. You doubt you'll be able to get there due to your stupidity and drunkness. You'll likely have to rely on your luck.

SECONDARY QUEST: Kill Darteran.
  Go to the X on the map.
+3 conversation skill.
+1 Map of near-Toi areas with an X on the map.

Go to the Chaos Hollows.
You and Nat finally go to the Chaos Hollows. The area radiates slightly with radiation, with the entrance illuminated by chaos irradiated water. As you prepare to enter, you suddenly hear movement coming towards you from inside.

Location change: Chaos Hollows entrance.
SECONDARY QUEST: Save the brother.
  Go to cut Izzci.
  Go north to The Chaos Hollows.
  Find the brother.
+1 Chaos Radiation.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Make a kinetic shield around the last bat (blocks movement)
[5+2][Luck: 2]: You execute the shield well, but you miss the bat entirely.

+3 Shield magic skill.
Now Novice in Shield magic.
New spell: Minor Shield of holding: Easy to cast (no modifiers), Holds enemy in place, does not block magic, does not block shots or thrown objects. Must be maintained.
Level up to level 1: Pick 2 attribute points.

"Hold on, I'll try that again," Kirion said, then proceeded to cast a spell one tier more difficult than before on Darin.
[4+1+4][Luck: 3]: You heal Darin completely. You spent so much healing that you feel like most of it went to waste. You then notice him cut himself. Sigh...

+2 Healing magic skill.
Darin: +2 HP.
New Spell: Trivial Healing (forgot last turn): Trivial to cast (+1 to casting), heals 1-3 HP.
New Spell: Major Healing. Hard to cast (-1 to casting), heals 3-7 HP.

Craft some +Bat Bone bolts+ and give my sh. sword to... somebody

[3-1]: You fumble with the bones of one bat corpse, but everything you get is crappy and useless.

+1 Crafting skill.

Quote from: Dostricht
Smack sum bat
[6+2+4] VS [1+3] Dostricht slices at the last bat, dealing 14 damage. Parts go everywhere.

Assume my allies can easily handle the last bat, and thus fashion one of the dead ones into furry bathide gloves. Also suggest we try middle left once the bat is inevitably dealt with and the loot is collected, if we get that far.
[1]: You cut one of the dead ones into bits and pieces. You fail utterly to make anything out of it, and cut yourself in the process. Also, due to you not maintaining your barrier, it dissipates.

-1 HP.
-Status: Protected by Minor Kinetic Barrier shield: 6/6 Shield points. Immobile. Maintaining.

"You do that again, and i'll bury you alive"

Attack the last bat

Just as you were about to swing, Dostricht hits the bat and sends pieces flying. Darn.

MAIN QUEST:

Loot time.

Alright, so there was a little bit of loot (3-7: 5). It [Weapons: 5][Armorz: 1][Potions: 5][Scrolls: 4][Gold: 3][Other wealthy items: 3] consist of a Good Iron Spear (+1 to damage), a Bad Copper Longsword (-2 to damage), a potion of Potion of Minor Impact (throws objects away from impact location. Don't drink), a Potion of Liquidation (turns user into water elemental for 2 turns), and finally a Scroll of Scare Undead (causes undead enemies to run away).

Also, there is one remaining unused bat corpse that isn't cut to uselessness.

(All) +1 Chaos Radiation.

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ze Spy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TolyK (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Serious Concentrate (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HmH (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Draignean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)

Allies:
Spoiler: Dostricht (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 12:38:19 am by Tarran »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 16, 2011, 12:26:53 am »

Hey! I should have gotten a +1 modifier when talking to him! Anyway...

"Fhear Noht! I shrall rhutern vahcturius." Well that's taken care of, now off to find the X on this map. Not that he was any good with maps mind you, instead he would try to find someone and ask them to accompany him part of the way there. They would read the map which should increase his chances of getting there this week.

Find civilian who heard of my great deeds with the wench, ask them to read the map for me and take me part way in exchange for two gold coins to be delivered at the completion of my quest. If no takers than try to find the way myself.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 16, 2011, 12:29:03 am »

Hey! I should have gotten a +1 modifier when talking to him!
Oh. Right. Forgot.

Find civilian who heard of my great deeds with the wench,
...*Snicker*

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 16, 2011, 12:29:51 am »

Grab the Scroll of Scare Undead and Potion of Minor impact

The others, you guys take them

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 16, 2011, 12:30:45 am »

I call either scroll or potion of impact!  :P

wait.
LEVEL-UP WOO HOO!

Go further down the cave
*ninja'd*
Grab the Scroll of Scare Undead and Potion of Minor impact

The others, you guys take them
lets take 1 each.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 16, 2011, 12:31:25 am »

...*Snicker*

Also, what was the other -1 for? Rejecting the wine? My attire? His general stress and unwillingness to talk?
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 16, 2011, 12:32:20 am »

...*Snicker*

Also, what was the other -1 for? Rejecting the wine? My attire? His general stress and unwillingness to talk?
Your lack of conversation skill.

Hey, that reminds me, you should also get a +3 to that skill since you got a 6.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 139