Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 152862 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

BUMS
OF
STEEL

Anyway, bear in mind that with the new system, you'll gain an average of 1.5 experience per attempted action. On average, it'd take around three attempts to negate the no-skill penalty, 5 turns (total) to get a half chance of a bonus and 1 SLP, 11 turns to hit 3/4 chance and 2 SLP, and 16 turns to achieve a constant +1 and 3 SLP.

Seems alright to me.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 6: The reward is obviously not worth it.
« Reply #301 on: April 11, 2011, 02:41:51 am »

"Stay together, there is another extra enemy in here, don't ask me how i know that"
Dostricht responds laughing a little. "One little enemy is nothing compared to dragon for Dostricht. Just leave it to me."

Meanwhile, take Dostricht's advice and attempt to re-merge my soul parts. Preferably back inside me, but I'll take what I can get.
[2+1][Luck: 4]: You fumble around with bits of your soul a little. It feels strange, like touching the inside of yourself. Feels tingly.

You don't manage to get your soul back in you, but you do manage to get it within the Perfect black Soulstone. Despite being successful, you don't learn anything as you were mostly just playing with your soul hoping for the best.

-Status: Good soul half in white Soulstone: You have to carry the stone with you at all times or you HAVE to do evil actions.
-Status: Evil soul half in black Soulstone: You have to carry the stone with you at all times or you HAVE to do good actions.
-Status: Sanity in multicolored Soulstone: You have to carry the stone with you at all times or you will have no control over your actions.
-Status: Soul in stones: You have to carry at least one soulstone or your body will fall limp.
+Status: Soul in Perfect Soulstone: You have to carry the soulstone or your body will fall limp.

Cast the shield's inverse on it nullifying both
There's no inverse to a shield. There just... isn't.

[5+1][Luck 5]: In a moment of amazing competence, you shatter your shield utterly. Learning more about shields in the process.

+3 Shield magic skill.

"Everybody stand back, I'll use the windy thing on the cave to flush out any items and monsters!"
[3][Luck 5]: You barely manage to blow a tiny gust of wind down the tunnel. How embarrassing. Oh well, at least you didn't end up blasting chaos-irradiated air into your face.

Dostricht glares at you. "Bad idea. Caverns may have chaos air or water. Blow in face and get lots of chaos."

+1 Air magic skill.

Being both a weapon guy and a magic guy, Kirion placed himself in the middle of the marching order as they entered the cave. "I'm OK with that," he said when Darin suggested the middle-right passage. He took a quick look around as well for any sort of danger that might be lurking.
[3][3]: You momentarily catch a glance of something, but when you approach where you saw it you find it was just a bony corpse. You're seeing things.

Create and memorize spell: Harvest. Try to memorize the spell well enough to reduce its difficulty.
You can't reduce the difficulty of spells. Difficulty isn't based on your skill, but on how high level the spell is.

[4+2][Luck: 6]: You successfully memorize a spell that allows you to take the life energy off of vampiric weapons. However, when testing it out, you sap energy directly from Nat. Not exactly what you were expecting but hey, free heal... Nat doesn't look too happy though. Also, you can't seem to remember how you sucked life from Nat.

+2 HP.
Nat: -2HP.

+2 Necromancy magic skill.
New Spell: Harvest: Attracts life from vampiric weapons and into user's hands. Hard to cast (-1 to casting).

Dream of the good days, riding the charge, smiting evil with his brothers in arms. Dream of still being free and alive, before the siege.
[6][Lucidity: 5]: You recall the good old days. Of how you were an amazing hero. The memories almost bring tears to your eyes. "Why?" You ask. "WHY?!"

[3]: You momentarily hear laughing of the god that cursed you. Damn him!

[Remember roll: 6]: You will remember this dream for years to come.

...You wake up. [Luck: 3]: Urgh, you wake up with a migraine.

If darvi ends up going with the wind:
Make a "bunker" out of the cave floor, get everyone in there before Darvi does his wind thing (this is supposed to protect us from the wind's effects, at least mostly)

If he does something else (a.k.a. something that's marginally reasonable):
Smooth walls throughout the cave (makes it easier to move)
Davri tries to make wind, but fails so badly it's funny. You decide to smooth the floor. [5+2][Luck: 4]: You make the floor expertly smooth.

However, it was a waste as the cave floor was already pretty smooth.

Oh well, at least you learned a little more about Earth magic.

+3 Earth magic.

MAIN QUEST: Dragon Hunt.
Participants: Darin. Ravenium. Nowan. Kirion. Joseph.

You decide to go down the middle-right path. And... [3] (rolling die equal to tunnels un-explored. 1 is the dragon) You don't manage to find the dragon.

[Enemy: 6, strong][Traps: 6, many][Chaos: 5, lots][Player initiative: 5, players go first and can leave without fighting][Treasure: 2, little]: You come across a room filled to the brim with many, many blobs of pure chaos. The room has extreme chaos radiation (5 per turn), and there appears to be many traps. There is a pool of raw chaos. There are a few corpses at the bottom of the pool.

Dostricht whispers: "I don't think fighting worth it. We should leave."

(All) Location change: Chaos pool entrance.
(All) +5 chaos.

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ze Spy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TolyK (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Serious Concentrate (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HmH (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Draignean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)

Allies:
Spoiler: Dostricht (click to show/hide)

Yeeeeaaaaaaahhhh. The reward's not worth the risk. You guys should just ignore this unless you want to be full of mutations...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 02:43:24 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 11, 2011, 03:14:58 am »

"Let's leave, Killing ain't no fun with those chaos flying about"

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 11, 2011, 03:16:52 am »

Continue on the side quest with hmh, while traveling try to emchant one of my bolts to cause the victim struck to be completely dehydrated
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 11, 2011, 03:20:39 am »

wow, +3? nice.
"Lets get the hell outa here. I have an idea, and it involves an earthquake..."
When everyone gets out, cast Collapse on the cave.

That should take care of most of it.

Everyone get out!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 03:59:18 am by TolyK »
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 11, 2011, 03:24:03 am »

Knock TolyK out to stop him from doing his stupid shit
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 04:19:57 am by Ze Spy »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 11, 2011, 03:27:52 am »

???
As long as no-one is near, this is safe. I have +2 to spell casting, and I also have at least 4 earth skill. the worst I can get on my main roll is a 3, the only problem would be my luck roll.
Also, if you still decide to do that, thanks for helping my defence ^^
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 11, 2011, 03:40:39 am »

TolyK, not only is that spell going to be seriously hard to cast, but you have absolutely no guarantee that it will kill the dragon, or completely block him off, or even have an effect at all.

Additionally, you miss out on a bunch of loot, and you have a chance of rolling a 1 luck roll and causing severe repercussions.

Plus, this would be incredibly cheap on the boss, and make all the work I spent on the last several turns for no reason at all.

Whatever. Do what you want.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 11, 2011, 03:57:31 am »

???
As long as no-one is near, this is safe. I have +2 to spell casting, and I also have at least 4 earth skill. the worst I can get on my main roll is a 3, the only problem would be my luck roll.

I don't even think you'll succeed on that roll

i mean, the RNG already hates you, what makes you think that the RNG won't give you a 1 on your luck roll, throw your head to the moon, kick your ass across the world, throw your hands to Goddamn Mars, break your legs and sent them to the goddamn sun, and throw your torso to the furthest galaxy from here?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 11, 2011, 04:00:24 am »

???

I don't even think you'll succeed on that roll

i mean, the RNG already hates you, what makes you think that the RNG won't give you a 1 on your luck roll, throw your head to the moon, kick your ass across the world, throw your hands to Goddamn Mars, break your legs and sent them to the goddamn sun, and throw your torso to the furthest galaxy from here?
err yeah i c ur point

TolyK, not only is that spell going to be seriously hard to cast, but you have absolutely no guarantee that it will kill the dragon, or completely block him off, or even have an effect at all.

Additionally, you miss out on a bunch of loot, and you have a chance of rolling a 1 luck roll and causing severe repercussions.

Plus, this would be incredibly cheap on the boss, and make all the work I spent on the last several turns for no reason at all.

Whatever. Do what you want.
nevermind then. going with plan b (will edit this post, or re-post)
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 11, 2011, 04:00:55 am »

i mean, the RNG already hates you,
Not really. His last couple of rolls were pretty damn good. I'm pretty sure all of them succeeded.

what makes you think that the RNG won't give you a 1 on your luck roll, throw your head to the moon, kick your ass across the world, throw your hands to Goddamn Mars, break your legs and sent them to the goddamn sun, and throw your torso to the furthest galaxy from here?
Hey, is that aggression really necessary? Please calm down.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 11, 2011, 04:02:18 am »

TolyK, there will be a hurricane of irradiated cave-in dust even if you succeed. You will die, period.

While on our way to The Chaos Hollows, pick up an eyeball-sized rock(preferably white or red, but a black one will do) and use Crafting to knap it into a round shape.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 11, 2011, 04:09:44 am »

i mean, the RNG already hates you,
Not really. His last couple of rolls were pretty damn good. I'm pretty sure all of them succeeded.
In the Roll to Saboteur game, 1/2 of my squad, and me too, are dead/dying.

not sure what to do...
woah, i need 1 earth magic and 2 shield magic to level up, right?

"Get the hell out!" Go with every one else, out of the cave. Enchant my armor with a more powerful version of the reflective spell (it would be mobile with me, i.e. it moves along with me)

EDIT:
TolyK, there will be a hurricane of irradiated cave-in dust even if you succeed. You will die, period.
Yeah, already figured.

The part that put me off (emphasis mine):
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 04:14:06 am by TolyK »
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 11, 2011, 05:00:43 am »

Hmm. Hmmm.

Resist the urge to chaos nuke everybody.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 05:08:29 am by Darvi »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 11, 2011, 05:03:44 am »

...That's your action? What am I supposed to do if you roll a 1?

Also, guys, you can vote on a different tunnel to go to right now next turn instead of spending next turn doing nothing. You'll automatically go through that tunnel next turn.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 139