Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153002 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

<_<

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile

So the guy stuck in their basement gets all the loot and shit while the person that goes out and work gets nothing?

I call foul

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile

I'd guess... based on success. 1 point for 3s, 2 for 4s, 3 for 5s and 6s, and 4 for 7+. What do you guys think?
It's pretty good, but I suggest that experience gained should only depend on the main roll. Luck and Defense rolls are too unpredictable to affect experience output.

Since wolfchild decided he would have no shield at all rather than a ventilated one, I'll change my action.
Create and memorize spell: Harvest. Try to memorize the spell well enough to reduce its difficulty.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

read the shield descriptionm, all it stops is air
il fix this then cast a propper shield
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile

read the shield descriptionm, all it stops is air
Read the turn description, see this:
[5+1][Luck: 1]: You expertly make a shield. Unfortunately, it also blocks air. You are now DYING OF ASPHYXIATION. Better get out.
Emphasis mine. "Also" means that it blocks everything as well as air. Besides, if it didn't block anything other than the air, it wouldn't have 10 HP, right?

il fix this then cast a propper shield
No, you'll fix this, we'll go to the Accurarwa camp and THEN you'll cast a proper shield. It's unknown what distance we would walk there, and according to the game's first post, shields tend to have quite an upkeep. Besides, I'm running out of ideas what to do while you mess around with shields.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Meanwhile, take Dostricht's advice and attempt to re-merge my soul parts. Preferably back inside me, but I'll take what I can get.
I'll laugh if you get a luck of 1.

...Damn.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Maybe I'll get my skill bonus for 2+1+1?

Also the GM is having waaaaaaaaaay too much fun with my shenanigans. :I

Problem is changing it is going to be difficult. I screwed up at the beginning, making the gain far too low. I don't know what would be a good rate of gain, personally. I could make it so you always get 2 per action, but then it'd be leveling you up like crazy (4 actions for both Skill level and player level compared to 8 per SL&PL) and I'd have to do all sorts of other stuff to fix it. I could also give points based on how well you succeed, but I don't know what would be a good system. I just honestly don't know, I'm too sleepy right now to think very clearly.

I'd guess... based on success. 1 point for 3s, 2 for 4s, 3 for 5s and 6s, and 4 for 7+. What do you guys think?
I wouldn't think it'd be that hard to just rebalance the points needed instead, since you could just ask yourself "How many rounds of a certain action do I want someone to have to spend to have this level of competency at it?" and then that's basically the combined experience cost. How that relates to attributes is a little trickier, of course.

Do note that basing experience gain on the number rolled will have something of a snowball effect, since if you're already getting +1 to a skill you're getting that many more experience-granting numbers. This also makes attributes more important in how competent you are in something, since it not only improves the skill, it improves the skill gain rate.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but you should keep it in mind.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Luck rolls won't effect skill gain. As they're... well... luck.

Also the GM is having waaaaaaaaaay too much fun with my shenanigans. :I
You think?

Do note that basing experience gain on the number rolled will have something of a snowball effect, since if you're already getting +1 to a skill you're getting that many more experience-granting numbers. This also makes attributes more important in how competent you are in something, since it not only improves the skill, it improves the skill gain rate..
Yeah. I'm now thinking it increases not by your execution roll but by your first roll. As in, the very first roll in execution you make without bonuses. That way, in the later levels you won't just level level level, and at the same time you can learn things easily.

So, without counting modifiers, this will be the skill gain:
0 for 1s
0 for 2s
1 for 3s
2 for 4s
3 for 5s
3 for 6s

That okay with you guys?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

I'm OK with that. I'm OK with a lot of things. >.>

Seriously, it's cool. Let's run with it and see what develops. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Am I waking up this round or am I waking up next round?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Next round. After another dream.

Of course, you can always attempt to dream about something on purpose if you want.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dream of the good days, riding the charge, smiting evil with his brothers in arms. Dream of still being free and alive, before the siege.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

WOAH that guy is AWESOME!

"We could try to split, i dunno. The only thing is that I call dibs with Dostricht!"
(no, really? tugsten armor? that must way a hell of a lot! also, kinda fun too - it's heatproof as well ^^ )
Stick with Dostricht. Smooth the cave walls (i.e. remove stalegmites/stalectites/loose rocks/etc) using earth magic.

I'm OK with that. I'm OK with a lot of things. >.>

Seriously, it's cool. Let's run with it and see what develops. ^^
agreed.
Dream of the good days, riding the charge, smiting evil with his brothers in arms. Dream of still being free and alive, before the siege.
er wow

(was lol'n on something else, i misread >.>)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 01:24:42 pm by TolyK »
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Dude, wait a sec. I'm gonna do the windy thing.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

Dude, wait a sec. I'm gonna do the windy thing.
oh noes.
Run out of the cave as quickly as possible
no, really, please don't.

If darvi ends up going with the wind:
Make a "bunker" out of the cave floor, get everyone in there before Darvi does his wind thing (this is supposed to protect us from the wind's effects, at least mostly)

If he does something else (a.k.a. something that's marginally reasonable):
Smooth walls throughout the cave (makes it easier to move)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 01:30:44 pm by TolyK »
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

er wow

I enjoy having a hyper-bum with an infinite supply of alcohol who dreams of being a lvl 90 paladin.

Now excuse my while a giggle insanely at the phrase hyper-bum for the next hour.
---
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 139