Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153154 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 2: In which IronyOwl traps his soul in a stone.
« Reply #195 on: April 07, 2011, 12:39:31 am »

Is it possible to boost luck rolls in this game? I don't think I need to explain why I'm asking. -_-
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 07, 2011, 12:46:48 am »

Nope. Luck rolls are effectively my way of keeping you all from always succeeding at every single action, if I gave you boosts, there would be no self danger to spells or other luck-based actions. I'm already giving you guys massive bonuses to half the rolls (the normal rolls). So much of a bonus that I'm actually thinking of reducing it.

Look on the bright side, it's unlikely this bad luck will continue for much longer.

Of course, this is the RNG we're talking about... so maybe it will continue.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 07, 2011, 12:53:51 am »

I just rolled your rolls Irony, and you know what I got?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I am seriously feeling sorry for you right now. Your poor soul is going to be subject to even more beatings.

Oh God. Soul Bungee.

Anyway my view on party morality, curiously I don't find anyone guilty of evil...

Arzhog is Chaotic neutral when drunk (99%), Lawful Good in a rare moment of sobriety. (Oh man this tastes like a wall.)
Ironyowl: Chaotic clueless. (Oh hey, my soul is in a rock now.)
Ze Spy: Chaotic Neutral. (Get your hillbilly face out of my way or I'll break my foot off in your ass.)
Tolyk: Neutral Whatever. (Hey guys I made you a cistern, now you want me to rip those horns out of your ass or what?)
Wolfchild: Lawful Good. (Oh man your bro is missing, let me round up everyone I know to go help.)
Seriousconcentrate: Lawful Neutral. (Ah, see your brother about quests should I? Well I'll do that then.)
HmH: Lawful evil. (Now that I have a supply of pure water let me find the deadliest damn tree I can...)
Darvi: True Neutral. (You're a middling bard, is there any other class for you?)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 07, 2011, 12:58:05 am »

Anyway my view on party morality, curiously I don't find anyone guilty of evil...
Orly?

HmH: Lawful evil. (Now that I have a supply of pure water let me find the deadliest damn tree I can...)
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 07, 2011, 03:27:18 am »

Is it possible to boost luck rolls in this game? I don't think I need to explain why I'm asking. -_-
GM of Staggered Magi is asking if a Luck roll can be modified. What a delicious irony.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 07, 2011, 03:32:34 am »

GM of Staggered Magi is asking if a Luck roll can be modified. What a delicious irony.
Indeed.

Anyway, don't get too upset Irony, you haven't faced any really crippling fails...

...yet.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 07, 2011, 05:21:39 am »

Nah, I was jus' complying with everybody's plan to extort some money.

Also draignean, I'm definitely chaotic. Check my skills :P
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 05:24:31 am by Darvi »

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 07, 2011, 05:36:36 am »

Attempt to enter the town hall again

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 07, 2011, 08:44:01 am »

Tolyk: Chaotic Evil   ("Hey, if I fused a guy with a chaos tree, I could have a horrible chaos treant! Hey, there's a guy!")
But then again, he did offer to cure mutations, abit at a price. Maybe he's Chaotic Neutral: Just doing whatever the hell he wants.
I am chaotic neutral: I do stuff 4 meself, and for others if it's not too much. Otherwise i do whadever I wanna do.

err, ok then.
Enchant armor and shields with reflection shield.

EDIT: Irony, nice sig. ;)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 08:48:55 am by TolyK »
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Ah, hello," Kirion said, feeling slightly frazzled. He'd have to follow Joseph out when it was time to leave. "Your brother greeted us at the entrance to Toi and said you would have jobs?" he offered. "I can work as a healer and a swordsman." He looked over at the spoony one the bard to see if he wanted to add anything.
"We do happen to have a quest. To hunt down a Chaos Dragon." Your eyebrows rise in surprise.

"Name's Durnneran. Just recently burned down several houses on the outskirts, getting closer. Nasty bugger. The Captain is asking for volunteers to join him. You interested? Reward's 100 gold, split between all volunteers. Shouldn't be too hard with the Captain, he's a badass, let me tell you."

NEW MAIN QUEST: Dragon Hunt.
  Talk to the Captain of the Guard for details.

Continue Drinking until I pass out. Just remember that alcohol is a poison and I am physically incapable of getting myself killed by over-imbibing.
[6-3]: You barely manage to take a drink before falling to the floor. [Luck 2]: Your bottle smacks your head, giving you a severe headache which manages to bother the entire time you're sleeping. Ow.

+Status: Unconscious: Unable to wake up except by external means for 3 turns.

Intercept if the discussion with Dannic goes horribly wrong.
Since there were no rolls involved, there is no need to intercept.

NEW MAIN QUEST: Dragon Hunt.
  Talk to the Captain of the Guard for details.

Find as many of the others as possible, then get going to find this man's brother
[6]: You find Nathan, he seems willing to follow you. You travel for a little bit until you find many cut Izzci surrounding a small pond, leaking various saps. On the ground are two axes and a left hand glove, needed to handle Izzci without risking touching any. You worry that just you and Nathan is a little dangerous.

NEW SECONDARY QUEST: Save the brother.
  Go to cut Izzci.
  Go north to The Chaos Hollows.

Location Change: Mile west of Toi. Near cut Izzci.

Return to the rest of the party. Accompany Nat on her quest.
[6]: You find Nat and follow her.

NEW SECONDARY QUEST: Save the brother.
  Go to cut Izzci.
  Go north to The Chaos Hollows.

Location Change: Mile west of Toi. Near cut Izzci.

Instead, use earth magic to shape/transform a nearby rock into a more soulstone-suitable one. Also join others on quests.
[4-1+1][Luck 1. OH SHI-]: You find a semi-rare white rock and force it into a round shape. And turn it into yet another over-reactive soulstone. Holding both soulstones, one in each hand, it rips your soul from the other and into two halves. Your good part and your evil part go into the white and black one respectively. Both parts scream in agony.

This day just isn't going your way.

Item change: 1 Overreactive Perfect Average Soulstone: Now contains evil half of your soul.
+1 Overreactive Great Average Soulstone: Contains good half of your soul.
+1 Earth magic skill.

Attempt to enter the town hall again
[2 *facepalm*]: You once again prove your utter inability to go anywhere by getting caught in a crowd of people and getting lost. By the time the crowd of people dissipate, your turn is over.

Dammit.

Enchant armor and shields with reflection shield.
[2+2][Luck 2]: You successfully cast a spell, but it just doesn't stick to your armor.

+1 Shield magic skill.
New spell: Minor magic reflection shield (easy to cast[no modifiers]): 1/6 chance to deflect magic casted at user that hits shield. Stationary. Must be maintained.

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ze Spy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TolyK (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Serious Concentrate (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HmH (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Draignean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)

Welp, it seems like your luck at the beginning of the game is slowly running out, guys.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 02:09:02 pm by Tarran »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Bipolar necromancer? Kewl

Find the captain of the guard and talk to him.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 02:09:30 pm by Darvi »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

Grow wings. If successful, find the others and join the quest to the chaos dragon.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Man, this is the setup to a legend or quest or something.

Tired of warping my own soul, attempt to find others and their quest(s).
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

I just thought of something. If IronyOwl only needs one half of his soul to animate his body, then couldn't he try to just keep splitting the half he doesn't want, make a bunch of golems, and have an army of himself?

Kirion nodded in acceptance of the quest and turned to Joseph, making an 'after-you' type gesture in the hopes he could follow him out.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just thought of something. If IronyOwl only needs one half of his soul to animate his body, then couldn't he try to just keep splitting the half he doesn't want, make a bunch of golems, and have an army of himself?
Yeah, but there would be so many more problems, including not being able to do certain things, lost memory, parts that are too small simply disappearing, and generally feeling down in the dumps all the time.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 139