Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153235 times)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 1: Awww, so little failing.
« Reply #135 on: April 05, 2011, 06:58:44 pm »

You're going to beat a tree to death with a wooden crossbow, (Not even going into the impossibility of that.) and then revive it so you have an undead chaos warped tree?
For the first question: no, I'm going to drain it dry.
For the second question: exactly. I'll also polymorph it to have arms and legs if nothing goes wrong.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 05, 2011, 07:05:59 pm »

...What do you hope to possibly gain from killing and resurrecting an Izzci?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 05, 2011, 07:08:47 pm »

FUN?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 05, 2011, 07:09:24 pm »

So you're going to go vampire on the tree, suck its chaos infected fluids out, re-animate it, and then return the fluid to it so it doesn't explode when it moves, and then give it limbs?

Ingenious (Though a complex bit of spellcraft, three schools of magic...) as long as you don't roll a one and splatter.

Question to Tarran: What keeps the animated beasties under control?  I mean, what would keep HmH's pet tree from using it's newfound limbs to kill all the other trees around it just to give itself more sunlight and then spend the rest of its unnatural life collecting fertilizer for itself and its children.

It's a frickin tree after all. What gives it the non-tree like motivation required to be helpful to adventurers?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 05, 2011, 07:14:26 pm »

Well, good to see I'm not the only one trying to make nature cry.

Of course, this does mean 1/4th of the party is causing Fun, so I'm not so sure how that'll turn out.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 05, 2011, 07:15:49 pm »

Question to Tarran: What keeps the animated beasties under control?  I mean, what would keep HmH's pet tree from using it's newfound limbs to kill all the other trees around it just to give itself more sunlight and then spend the rest of its unnatural life collecting fertilizer for itself and its children.

It's a frickin tree after all. What gives it the non-tree like motivation required to be helpful to adventurers?
For a zombie or something like that, a good luck roll on resurrecting or something like that.

For a tree... no damn idea. Seriously, no damn idea. I mean, with a zombie at least there's some intelligence. With a tree...

I don't know. I seriously don't know. Let's just say he has a way with plants and be done with it.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 05, 2011, 07:17:05 pm »

Well, maybe he's pulling a more motivated soul out of somewhere to give the tree actual perception and whatnot.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 05, 2011, 07:18:10 pm »

Well, maybe he's pulling a more motivated soul out of somewhere to give the tree actual perception and whatnot.
He'd have to find a soul first, though. They aren't on sale at a shop.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 05, 2011, 07:50:21 pm »

He'd have to find a soul first, though. They aren't on sale at a shop.

This might interfere with my golem plans. Would making a soul storage device out of rock require both novice earth and novice necromancy, or could I just use one or the other?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 05, 2011, 07:54:54 pm »

You need necromancy to put the soul in it, but for actually making it, you can use one or the other.

Also, you are obsessed with Golems, aren't you? :P

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 05, 2011, 08:19:48 pm »

Technically I'm obsessed with minions, but since golems are minions you make out of whatever's at hand, and which then serve you without question or pause, I'd say that's an accurate statement.

Also, can you animate golems using earth magic, or should I try for imbuing it with a soul like I'd originally intended? And while I'm at it, I assume I'd have to heal an earth golem using earth magicm, but would a construct made of meat and bone (and animated with necromancy) be healed with healing or necromancy?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 05, 2011, 08:27:34 pm »

Also, can you animate golems using earth magic, or should I try for imbuing it with a soul like I'd originally intended?
You can also animate golems using elements. But you'd have to spend your time maintaining the golem.

And while I'm at it, I assume I'd have to heal an earth golem using earth magicm, but would a construct made of meat and bone (and animated with necromancy) be healed with healing or necromancy?
...That's a tough question.

I'd guess healing since necromancy has no healing spells what-so-ever.

Also, I'm seriously starting to hate magic. So many hard questions. I likely won't even remember if I said yes or no on half of them. :P

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 05, 2011, 08:37:09 pm »

Alright then, change of plans.

Find and transform a rock (presumably outside town) into a soulstone. If I can't find any suitable rocks, use earth magic to dig one up.

Also, I assume I'm responsible for at least half the magic questions, so sorry about that. :P

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 05, 2011, 08:39:31 pm »

I keep my plans in my head, as my character is inexperienced, she needs to find out what works the hard way, but i have plans, OH YES I DO, but yea much more benign than irony's
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 05, 2011, 10:01:48 pm »

Alright, I've done all the turns for everyone who's posted so far. Just waiting on TolyK and Ze Spy and I'll release the turn.

Just to be mean to you, I'll tell you the rolls in a randomized order:

[Luck 4][Luck 2][1][5][5-1+1][Luck 6][NPC mood 6][4][6][Luck:2][5-1][Luck 2]

Also, Draignean gets even more drunk and pays the consequences.

Ed: Forgot [5-1].
Ed2: Added another [Luck 2]
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 11:28:58 pm by Tarran »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 139