Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153128 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 1: Awww, so little failing.
« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2011, 03:50:03 pm »

Well that was a waste of time, maby someone can use some other kind of help

go find a quest in town
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 05, 2011, 03:52:22 pm »

You'd better. This first turn was quite boring besides Draignean getting all up with a winch. If I get too bored I may send in some... motivators. ;)
But that's my job!

Also, I'm just now noticing that there's no summoning magic, and suspecting that's intentional. :P

Despite knowing nothing about earth magic either, head outside town and attempt to mold some dirt into a large, tightly packed golem body.

Also, are polymorph spells usually temporary? Can higher level versions achieve permanent effects?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 08:34:10 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 05, 2011, 03:54:11 pm »

So, here's the plan:
1)I learn chaos magic
2)I turn everybody into mutants
3) heal myself with the water (latrine might be required)
4) sell "purified" water to the sheeple
5)??
6) Profit!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 05, 2011, 03:57:22 pm »

1) Darvi learns chaos magic
2) Darvi attacks the town, attempting to irradiate everything even more than usual
3) The guard captain, likely experienced in dealing with slavering horrors beyond the normal limits of sanity, murders us all for associating with Darvi

I don't like this plan. I don't like this plan at all.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 05, 2011, 03:58:35 pm »

Aww. D:

I didnt actually plan on attacking somebody. Just infecting the water a bit.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 05, 2011, 04:00:28 pm »

Also, I'm just now noticing that there's no summoning magic, and suspecting that's intentional. :P
Yeah, I just don't feel like dealing with a school like that.

Besides, you'd kill yourselves too often if I gave you the school anyway.

Also, are polymorph spells usually temporary? Can higher level versions achieve permanent effects?
Always permanent. Higher versions allow you to transform larger sections of your body or even your entire body. It's entirely possible to become an Elder Chaos Dragon. However, full-polymorph spells are random, so you have an equal chance to end up a tiny cockroach. :P

So, here's the plan:
1)I learn chaos magic
2)I turn everybody into mutants
3) heal myself with the water (latrine might be required)
4) sell "purified" water to the sheeple
5)??
6) Profit!
7) Get mangled by town guards.

They aren't stupid you know. They'll kick the crap out of you for pulling that.

Ed: Ninja'd by Irony.

3) The guard captain, likely experienced in dealing with slavering horrors beyond the normal limits of sanity, murders us all for associating with Darvi
No, he won't kill you all.

Just Darvi. As painfully as possible.

I didnt actually plan on attacking somebody. Just infecting the water a bit.
The well is surrounded by a lot of people, including many guards. They'll notice you if you even try.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 05, 2011, 04:02:19 pm »

Eh, It's not a bad plan from Arzhog's point.

1. Pass out on floor.
2. Wake up later and find the rest of the party dead. Again.
3. Slay foul mutants created by Taylor's tampering.
4. Go back to bar.
5. Drink and pass out on the floor.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 05, 2011, 04:03:00 pm »

Bluh. Should've put skillpoints in ninja.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 05, 2011, 04:12:53 pm »

Oh my. Suddenly polymorph magic seems considerably more horrifying than I gave it credit for.

And, um, I know someone asked this already, but I didn't quite understand the answer: How does transforming things other than animate, living beings work? Like a golem, undead, rock, or tree?

Also I know I really shouldn't even ask this, but are polymorph changes inheritable? If I give mice horns or turn them into chaos dragons, would they have a litter of horned mice, chaos dragons, or mundane mice?

Same question with chaos effects, now that I think about it.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 05, 2011, 04:15:54 pm »

Welp, look for Dannic and talk to him if I find him.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 05, 2011, 04:29:32 pm »

And, um, I know someone asked this already, but I didn't quite understand the answer: How does transforming things other than animate, living beings work? Like a golem, undead, rock, or tree?
Golems and rocks: Elemental.
Undead: Polymorph.
Tree: I... I guess Polymorph. Didn't really expect you to want to polymorph a tree...

Also I know I really shouldn't even ask this, but are polymorph changes inheritable? If I give mice horns or turn them into chaos dragons, would they have a litter of horned mice, chaos dragons, or mundane mice?
If you polymorph them into Chaos dragons, no matter what mutations they have, they'll give birth to Normal Chaos Dragons. Non-full body polymorphs to the parents do not affect newborns.

Same question with chaos effects, now that I think about it.
Chaos effects to the parents, like above, don't affect newborns. However, any chaos in the womb will affect them.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2011, 04:55:38 pm »

Tree: I... I guess Polymorph. Didn't really expect you to want to polymorph a tree...
Ravening treants. Obviously I was thinking more of altering them than turning them wholesale into something else.

Which reminds me, the chaos fruit were an excellent idea. It's like a mystery box you can eat!

If you polymorph them into Chaos dragons, no matter what mutations they have, they'll give birth to Normal Chaos Dragons. Non-full body polymorphs to the parents do not affect newborns.
Well, that puts a serious damper on dreams of having my own breed of war beasts. Not that that was likely to matter in a practical sense, but still.

Back to hand-crafting all my servants, I suppose.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 05, 2011, 05:03:08 pm »

Back to hand-crafting all my servants, I suppose.

Were going to end up saving you and the town from you're creations arn't we?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 05, 2011, 05:05:07 pm »

...Am I the only member of the team not actively planning the world's downfall?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 05, 2011, 05:06:03 pm »

Nope, only the town.
...Am I the only member of the team not actively planning the world's downfall?
nah. It's only a side effect of my plans.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 139