Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153665 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 17: Oh goody, a mutation. The Failpression.
« Reply #885 on: May 02, 2011, 07:50:03 pm »

His Name is Arzhog Mannerung Alann and he is quite human, I don't really like orcs that much as characters.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

In short give away everything that was gained in my exploits, then head back to the inn and drink until I can slur my words properly. Keep a half an ear out for rumors and such.
You give your gold to back to the man. [Accept roll: 2] He refuses and insists you keep it. Before you can protest further he's gone.

You give your dagger to the dagger to the guide. [Accept roll: 3] He looks fairly annoyed, but grudgingly accepts and leaves quickly.

You go back to the inn and drink again. [Luck: 6] You don't quite get drunk enough to fall asleep again before someone says something about a dragon.

-1 Good Steel Dagger.
Location change: Westside inn.

Find the mad drunk and convince him we need to work together-listen for rumors!
[1][Luck: 6]: You don't manage to find the drunk, however, you have a sneaking feeling that he might be in the Westside Inn.

Combat in Deep Whispers: Dragon cave.
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Give <Irony> another pair of (human-like) arms.
[5+1+2-2][Luck: 2]: You give Darin two more hands. The only problems is that they have no bones. Gah, how could you forget something so trivial as bones?!

+3 Polymorph magic skill.
New Spell: Major Polymorph.
+1 Chaos.
Darin: +Status: Additional Boneless arms: Nothing much to say, really. You can't use them, and they look kinda creepy.

Suffocate that sucker.
[3+1][Luck: 1]: You attempt to force away the air around Durnneran away from him.

However, you fail and instead manage to remove all the air from around you! CAN'T BREATHE!

+1 Air magic skill.
+Status: Strangling to death: Fall unconscious in 2 turns, die in 3.
+1 Chaos.

Quote from: Darin's Bat
Dragon braaaaiiinnnssss...
Darin's bat once again swipes at Durnneran. [5+3] VS [2+2-1] Hitting dead on, dealing [5-1] 4 damage!

Durnneran: -4 HP.

Quote from: Dostricht
You know the drill.
Dostricht does what he does best: [5+1+2] VS [4+2-1] Cutting a deep gash in dragons. He does [3+2+2] 7 damage.

+1 Chaos.
Durnneran: -7 HP.

Major healing on Kirion.
[5+1+1-2][Luck: 1]: Darin attempts to heal Kirion. But instead manages to suck whatever remaining life he has out of him, mortally wounding Kirion in the process!

Suddenly, Darin shakes uncontrollably. [Good/bad: 6, huge trade off good/bad][Strength: 6, gigantic change][Mental/Physical: Physical][Passive/Active: Active] Suddenly, Darin's legs and lower body expand and split, causing him to fall over. Slowly, his legs reform into a horse's body.

He is now a Centaur.

+3 Healing magic skill.
+1 Chaos.
New mutation: Centaur: +10 HP. -2 Defense. Can kick in melee for +4 damage. Normal armor now only has 1/2 chance of working (doesn't cover horse body). +1 to running away. Cannot stand easily on slippery or tilted surfaces. +20 carrying capacity.
Kirion: -8 HP.
Kirion: Now MORTALLY WOUNDED and cannot act!

Quote from: Durnneran
ROAR! DIE PUNY [DICE ROLL OF DOOM]! DIE!
[4, whoo boy, it picked Darvi]: Annoyed at the failed attempt to suffocate him to death, he charges at Joseph, catching the Major Physical Barrier made by Nowan along the way.

[3+8+4] Durnneran demolishes the shield with one fell swoop with it's tail, exposing Nowan and Joseph to him. Oh snap...

Gritting his teeth in agony, Kirion attempted to grab the dragon's tail with his pincers and keep it from using it to attack.
[Autofail]: Try as you might, you are too wounded from Darin's attempt to do anything but lay there and bleed out slowly. You'd better get help, fast.

However, you start shaking, and [Good/bad: 1, VERY BAD][Strength: 6, gigantic change][Mental/Physical: Physical][Passive/Active: Passive] you suddenly feel extremely winded and can barely breathe.

New mutation: Very Small Lungs: -2 to physically intensive actions.
Mortally wounded: 2 turns to live.

+1 Chaos.

...This battle is going to be costly for you guys even if you win. Just what I wanted.

WILL SERIOUS CONTINUE TO DIE? WILL DARIN ACTUALLY SUCCEED? WILL NOWAN AND JOSEPH ESCAPE THE WRATH OF DURNNERAN? FIND OUT, ON THE NEXT TURN OF: THE WESTLANDS RTD! [/fake-awesome-shouting-voice]

Combat near Chaos Hollows.

Nat: [1][Luck: 1]: Nat trips on a rock and knocks herself out.
Accurarwa 2: [5-1]: The second avoids tripping over the same rock as Nat.
Accurarwa 3: [2-1]: Not so much with the third. The third trips on the same rock and knocks himself out too.
Accurarwa 4: [1-1]: The fourth does the same.
Accurarwa 5: [1-1]: The fifth follows the crowd and joins in the pile of unconscious people.

I have the feeling that the RNG might be trying to kill everyone in the game.

Nat, Accurarwa 3, 4, and 5: +Status: Unconscious.

Cooperate with the captors.
[Intelligence: 1]: Assuming they want you to be unconscious, you hit your head on a rock and knock yourself out.

Nathan: +Status: Unconscious.

The second Accurarwa remains the only one awake. He just sorts of stands there and sits down after a while, facepalming.

Enjoy your 3 turns of unconsciousness, guys! Have fun dreaming!

DANGER: Nathan has 2 HP left.
WARNING: Darin has 3 HP left.
Caution: Nat has 8 HP left.
DANGER: Kirion is MORTALLY WOUNDED: 2 turns left to death, currently at -2 HP.

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TolyK (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Serious Concentrate (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HmH (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Draignean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Allies:

Deep Whispers:
Spoiler: Dostricht (click to show/hide)

Enemies:

Deep Whispers:

Whoo boy, 30000+ characters. Not much room left, is there?

I may have to split statuses sometime just like Multiworld did.

Anyway, I believe everything's done. Time for you guys to survey the damage.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 18: Oh goody, a mutationx2. The Failpression
« Reply #887 on: May 02, 2011, 08:05:39 pm »

Investigate Dragon Rumors!

And teleport to the Dragon fighting party's location.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: May 02, 2011, 08:27:47 pm »

Totally not an Orc. Gotcha!

My senses tell me to...follow the mad drunk!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: May 02, 2011, 08:30:22 pm »

Do nothing; demand loudly that everyone focus on the dragon or their own problems.

Wait around.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 12:40:15 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: May 02, 2011, 08:35:56 pm »

Wow. That's... wow.

So, for one thing, I get the feeling Dostricht isn't going to be very happy with the quality of his hundred-gold mercenaries. I guess we're good meatshields, at least, and the bat probably saved him a turn or two worth of damage.

Moving on, eugh. Boneless arms, great.

Then there's the centaur lower half. That's actually kind of neat, except that it makes me squishier overall. I guess if I was dead set on it I could get barding...

Which brings us to the pile of unconscious people in the desert. The pile. No, nothing put them there, they just... um.

Finally, there's my inevitable [5][Luck 1]. INEVITABLE. Incidentally, this is why I had zero fear of a -2 spell; it's not the skill roll, it's the luck.

At least my bat is competent.

Healing on Kirion. Bat continues bat-onslaught.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 02:29:06 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: May 02, 2011, 08:40:03 pm »

Finally, there's my inevitable [5][Luck 1]. INEVITABLE. Incidentally, this is why I had zero fear of a -2 spell; it's not the skill roll, it's the luck.
Actually, it is also the spell. The HP drained was equivalent to the roll of the actual healing spell.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: May 02, 2011, 08:42:52 pm »

Well yeah, but he was probably going down no matter what I fumbled. And besides, it's gotta work one of these times... right?

Am now seriously considering healing the dragon. Don't think I will this turn, but I'm thinking about it.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: May 02, 2011, 08:44:49 pm »

That'd likely end with a Luck:5 considering the RNG is out to get you all.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: May 02, 2011, 08:58:58 pm »

Cast a fire spell on Darin if he actually tries to heal me. Otherwise slam my head into the nearest rock/ground in an attempt to bash my brains out.

I'm trying to kill Kirion off, IronyOwl. I'd rather come back with a pure melee fighter; necromancy's drain life ability makes healing worthless and the inability to grasp means my other skills are worthless as well. Then there's the small lungs which further kill the character. If you're banking on the healing roll kill me I'd prefer you walk over and slit his throat with the shortsword I dropped, and you can at least take my shield while you're there.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 12:40:29 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: May 02, 2011, 09:08:40 pm »

Killing your char off via suicide?

Awww... you're no fun.

Just remember that you'll be pushed all the way back into the bottom of the (kinda small!) waiting list.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: May 02, 2011, 09:32:38 pm »

I know, and that's fine. Might as well let someone else give it a shot. Like I said, Kirion's pretty much a fail character overall, so I'm fine with waiting a bit if it means coming back with someone who's not all over the place and can't do anything well. :-\

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: May 02, 2011, 09:39:06 pm »

Bear in mind, the pincers and lungs can be undone.

You could also just wander off into the sunset at a convenient time, rather than die on the spot.

Finally, bear in mind that not every fight will necessarily be as lethal as this one. Building up your character's melee ability might be quicker than going through the waiting list to start from scratch.

That said, if you're absolutely dead-set on dying immediately, I might be able to help.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: May 02, 2011, 09:41:53 pm »

I can't grind anything until those mutations get undone, and that'll take awhile. Besides, if he gets killed you can always try to make him a minion. It's more beneficial to both of us that way; you get a minion and in awhile I can come back with a fighter-type.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: May 02, 2011, 09:46:31 pm »

I can't grind anything until those mutations get undone, and that'll take awhile.
You could always, you know, try wrestling. +4 damage is serious firepower.

The first one is the only real bad one, and since it's the most recent one, it should go away quite quickly.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 139