Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153575 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 16: Pain Train. Paralysis For Great Justice.
« Reply #825 on: April 30, 2011, 11:56:13 pm »

My RTD is about to get out of Dialogue and into a Real turn,you'd better have a Turn by then or Else...

*Evil Eye Of Evilness And Excessive Capitalization*
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: May 01, 2011, 12:21:02 am »

Oh dear. Um, can you extend the deadline by a few hours? Please?

Anyway, I'll start up the turn now, I've just got my ass kicked by an AI so I'm likely not going to play the game for a little bit.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: May 01, 2011, 12:24:04 am »

Oh dear. Um, can you extend the deadline by a few hours? Please?

Anyway, I'll start up the turn now, I've just got my ass kicked by an AI so I'm likely not going to play the game for a little bit.

Really? Damn, yeah. Just messing with you, all of my favorite RTDs are slow...
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: May 01, 2011, 12:28:32 am »

Really?
Yeah, Supreme Commander FA. I was turtling and got my ass kicked. But I'm not really good at that game anyway and expected to get my ass kicked anyway so I'm not too upset. That and my enemy got his just deserts for concentrating his forces on me rather than the actually dangerous green guy via Galactic Colossus, which made me happy.

all of my favorite RTDs are slow...
Really? Well, then, I'd better hurry on the turn!
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 17: Oh goody, a mutation. The Failpression.
« Reply #829 on: May 01, 2011, 02:21:56 am »

Just for you, Draignean, my favorite GM and my local alcoholic bottle-swinging former-knight-person maniac player.

Oh, and I beat you. He he he, I guess I didn't need that extension.

Find the guide, walk back to the house of the man who hired me with the prisoner in tow.
[3][Guide: 6]: You almost miss the guide, but you eventually find him. He looks rather impatient, so you set off immediately. [Luck: 1]: Showing your incompetence again, you trip into an Izzci, [Luck: 6] however, you avoid having skin contact.

You eventually get back to Toi, and drag the criminal to the guard house. You then tell the sad husband that he is now in the hands of the guard.

You see the man on the gallows. A guard reads off:

"Darteran Westmoth, you are found guilty of Assault With a Deadly Weapon and Murder, both accounts on Sheela Kilson. You are sentenced to death by hanging. Your final words?"

"...D-...Dammit..."

"...Very well. May your lord have mercy on you."

And then it is over in a second. The floor opens up and the rope strangles Darteran, his last breaths being mere choking. His life seems to simply flow out of his eyes, before it is extinguished. Sheela's husband gives you 20 gold.

"...Thank you. My wife's death has been avenged. This gold is all I can afford to give to you, but if I could I would give more."

The guide looks intently at the gold. He looks like he needs to go somewhere soon.

+20 Gold.
+1 Fine Iron Shortsword.
+1 Good Steel Dagger.

SECONDARY QUEST COMPLETE: Kill Darteran!

Impressed with my rock blocking success, I try to shoot a few small fire orbs...away from the villagers!
[1+1][Luck: 4]: You nearly burn your hands, but before any serious damage happens you put your hands out.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Durnneran
Breathe chaos on [Dice roll!]
Durnneran breathes chaos onto [6] Dostricht, getting Kirion in the proccess too!

Dostricht: 6 damage, 8 chaos.
Kirion: 5 damage, 12 chaos.

Dostricht takes 6 damage, which [Shield roll succeeded] he blocks with his shield. His shield screeches from various elements crashing against it. He also glows a little in the light of chaos, but grows no new mutations.

Kirion takes 5 damage, which [shield roll succeeded] he blocks with his shield. Like Dostricht, his shield screeches under the strain of Chaos. The shield took quite a beating, but that's not all... Kirion glows under a huge amount of chaos, and suddenly [Good/bad: 3, trade off good/bad][Strength: 5, very large change][Mental/Physical: Physical][Passive/Active: Active] his hands expand widely, three of his fingers on each disappears quickly. His hand's skin thickens into a carapace, with sharp pincers in place. His arms also enlarge and their skin also thickens into carapace. The pain of this changing is fairly painful.

Dostricht: +8 Chaos.
Dostricht: Steel Shield lost 6/??? AHP.

Kirion: +12 Chaos.
Kirion: Cannot hold weapon and shield.
Kirion: Mutation: Pincer Hands: Cannot wield any items (no shield blocking included). -1 to casting (difficulty with aiming with pincers). +4 wrestling damage.
Kirion: Bronze Shield lost 5/10 AHP.

2 points to Int.

Ranged Lifesteal Ambush!

Bat: Bat-Attack!

[4+1+1][Luck: 1]: Darin attempts to suck life from the dragon.

However, he botched the spell horribly, and instead gave life to the enemy. 5 HP to be exact.

Also, you feel somewhat... displaced. You also start to glow slightly.

Durnneran: +5 HP.
Darin: -5 HP.
+2 Necromancy magic skill.
New Spell: Life Siphon.
+1 Chaos.

Quote from: Darin's Bat
Attack Dragon...
Darin's Giant Bat charges at Durnneran, [4+3] VS [4+2-1] barely scratching him. It deals [2-1] 1 damage, due to the thick scale of the dragon and the relative weakness of the bat's claws.

Durnneran: -1 HP.

Quote from: Darvi (AI)
Minor Wind Bolt that sucker!
[2][Luck: 6]: Darvi throws his hands in the direction of Durnneran in a threatening manner. Nothing happens.

+1 Chaos.

I ignore Dostricht and pull out my sword and shield, then attack with the sword.
[Autofail]: Before you can act, your hands mutate and deform into large claws! Despite you trying, you cannot hold your sword or shield. You clench your teeth in agony.

You also feel like you're really close to mutating again as your body shakes and you feel... displaced, somehow. Crap.

+1 Chaos.

Quote from: Dostricht
Chaaarrrgggeee!
Dostricht, not even paused by the breath attack, swings at Durnneran again, [2+2+2] VS [2+2-1] hitting him in the chest, again, dealing 3+2+2 damage.

+1 Chaos.
Durnneran: -7 HP.

Make rock spikes fall from the top of the cave (make them it needed) onto the dragon.
[4+2+1][Luck: 2]: Once again, you make spikes. Once again, they are too dull to do anything besides annoy the dragon.

+2 Earth magic skill.
+1 Chaos.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Just lie here with a surrendering look in my eyes.
[Luck: 3]: They don't really buy it. The Fifth aims it's arrow at your head. He could kill you right now, but he isn't. He likely plans to take you prison-HEY HE SHOT YOU IN THE ARM! Dealing 1 damage. The poison [Type: Poison][Strength: 4][Resist: 2] is nasty and your body can't fight it. It does 6 damage. At least you couldn't feel it because you're completely numb. Now he's tying up your hands, after nearly killing you. Feeling slowly comes back into your body, along with the pain of several arrow wounds.

-7 HP.
+1 Chaos.
Accurarwa 5: -1 Izzci arrow.

Quote from: Accurarwa 4
Maul Nat.
[1+3] VS [1+2]: The fourth swings hard into Nat's belly, winding her, dealing 2 damage.

Nat: -2 HP.

Back off furthur, Maintain a -1 dificulty physical shield on nathan
[2+1+1-1][Luck: 6]: After moving back a few yards (You can't really go that far and still cast a shield in the same turn) you maintain a physical shield on Nathan, barely.

+Status: Maintaining Physical Shield.
New spell: Physical Barrier.

Quote from: Accurarwa 5
Tie up Nathan!
[3]: He ties up Nathan very poorly. If Nathan actually had the strength, he would be able to get it off easily. But as it stands he does not have the strength.

Quote from: Accurarwa 3
*Ahem*, Minor Firebolt Nat again, please.
[1+2-2][Luck: 2]: The third explodes into flame. He's now on fire. Both of you are now glad that you don't use Fire magic.

+Status: !!On Fire!!
-2 HP.

Quote from: Accurarwa 2
Slice Nat!
[4+1] VS [1+1]: The second swings at Nat's chest, cutting a fair sized wound. Her armor absorbs one point of damage out of five.

Nat: -4 HP.
Nat: Light Bronze Armor lost 1/10 AHP.

Nat feels the very strong urge to run or surrender coming on, while Nathan feels a little colder than normal...

DANGER: Nathan has 2 HP left.
WARNING: Darin has 3 HP left.
Caution: Nat has 8 HP left.
Warning: Kirion has 6HP left.
Warning: Nathan has a serious negative modifier: Paralyzed.

Note: The following are close to a mutation:
Darin, Kirion.

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TolyK (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Serious Concentrate (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HmH (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Draignean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Allies:

Deep Whispers:
Spoiler: Dostricht (click to show/hide)

Enemies:

Deep Whispers:

Chaos Hollows:
Spoiler: Accurarwa 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accurarwa 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accurarwa 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accurarwa 4 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accurarwa 5 (click to show/hide)

...Ouch, that turn went horribly for you guys.

Also, added an (Equipped) line to all equipped items, so you don't get confused. This will have no gameplay changing affects.

As always, tell me if I missed anything.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 01:21:24 pm by Tarran »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: May 01, 2011, 02:29:02 am »

did you remember to add my earth magic stuff?  ;)
Anyways, MOAR SPIKES, AND BIGGER!

(also: am I the only one who didn't have anything negative happen this turn?)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 02:08:29 pm by TolyK »
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: May 01, 2011, 02:32:00 am »

did you remember to add my earth magic stuff?  ;)
Yes. Everything is accounted for.

(also: am I the only one who didn't have anything negative happen this turn?)
No, Darvi, Dostricht, Darin's bat managed to avoid negatives.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 02:33:52 am by Tarran »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: May 01, 2011, 02:40:19 am »

Oh. My. God.

I am so bad at this.

Now's probably a good time to ask for clarification- how does one remove mutations?

And uh, you can restate the long version or just give me the specific answer, but if I tried to shield myself from radiation, would I be able to do anything else because I'd be maintaining it? What if I tried to put a barrier shield around multiple people?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: May 01, 2011, 02:53:13 am »

You know execution by hanging is meant to break the neck, not strangle the person in question. Also, post your desired course of action in Dev-22.

Arzhog bowed his head briefly to the man, counting out what he owed the guide and then giving the rest of the gold back to the grieving man. "Vow of poverty, keep it. Your need is greater than mine." He said as he got rid of the last of the gold, then he turned back to the guide and handed him the steel dagger from the dead criminal. A fair gift considering what the guide had done for him. That left the shortsword still in his possession, he already knew what do with that. After finishing with the other two men that weapon would be given to the undertaker, to be interred with the murderer in his grave. No matter how foul there was no man who had ever died that deserved to face the hereafter without a weapon.

In short give away everything that was gained in my exploits, then head back to the inn and drink until I can slur my words properly. Keep a half an ear out for rumors and such.

---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: May 01, 2011, 03:03:00 am »

Gritting his teeth in agony, Kirion attempted to grab the dragon's tail with his pincers and keep it from using it to attack.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: May 01, 2011, 03:37:28 am »

Now's probably a good time to ask for clarification- how does one remove mutations?

Chaos can be lowered and their mutations removed by drinking water that's not affected by chaos (you can test by dipping an item into the water, I'd recommend you dip a disposable item), staying in non-chaos affected areas (-1 per turn), or drinking the rare, extremely powerful Potion of Cure Chaos
Also, Polymorphers can remove the mutation. However, I wouldn't trust the RNG to not roll a Luck:1 on the polymorphing roll.

And uh, you can restate the long version or just give me the specific answer, but if I tried to shield myself from radiation, would I be able to do anything else because I'd be maintaining it? What if I tried to put a barrier shield around multiple people?
You have two choices:
Placing the shield/barrier, which places a static, limited HP shield/barrier. You don't have to maintain it, but you cannot Place another shield/barrier for 5 turns, and you cannot regenerate it. However you can still cast Maintained shields/barriers.
Maintaining a shield/barrier, which places a regenerating shield/barrier. You have to maintain it, and you cannot move, but you get much more out of your shields/barriers since they regenerate.

Good? Or did I word it poorly?

You know execution by hanging is meant to break the neck, not strangle the person in question.
Shows what I know. Whatever, let's just say he survived neck breaking because he had a bone mutation.

Or something.

Also, post your desired course of action in Dev-22.
Done.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: May 01, 2011, 03:55:35 am »

sorry HmH, i am not a fan of being killed if i can regroup with the others i'l come back and rescue you

RUN AWAY!
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: May 01, 2011, 04:02:50 am »

Alright, so all I have to do is drink enough nontainted water and I'll go back to normal? Meaning everyone with mutations simply hasn't been able/didn't want to get enough pure water to get rid of them?

You worded the part you explained well, but what does "maintain it" entail? Can I not do anything but maintain it, or what?

Also, how big can Barriers get? Or rather, how much of a difference would there be between trying to shield/barrier myself and trying to shield/barrier the whole party, or myself and someone next to me, or myself and someone kind of far away from me?

Incidentally, lynching didn't always work as intended, especially if they didn't especially care one way or the other, so it's not really odd that they'd just be strangled.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: May 01, 2011, 04:10:47 am »

Alright, so all I have to do is drink enough nontainted water and I'll go back to normal? Meaning everyone with mutations simply hasn't been able/didn't want to get enough pure water to get rid of them?
Basically. And standing in non-irradiated areas. The water dilutes the chaos. However, finding non-tainted water will get much harder as the game goes on and the Toi quests pass.

You worded the part you explained well, but what does "maintain it" entail? Can I not do anything but maintain it, or what?
You cannot do anything but maintain it, since you're keeping the shield at 100%.

Also, how big can Barriers get?
As big as their spell level is. Look at the spells, you should notice the higher level the spell the more area they can cover. Later levels can get pretty big.

Or rather, how much of a difference would there be between trying to shield/barrier myself and trying to shield/barrier the whole party, or myself and someone next to me, or myself and someone kind of far away from me?
You will need higher levels of Barrier spells in order to cover more ground. However, high level barrier spells can also be casted in small areas just like low level ones.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 04:13:35 am by Tarran »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: May 01, 2011, 04:19:08 am »

Alright, thanks.

Major healing on Kirion.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 139