Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153444 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 15: Level ups. The RNG strikes back. New player.
« Reply #735 on: April 25, 2011, 01:37:33 am »

hmmmm well i think freezing blood would be a hard roll, while shooting them with a certain death bolt wont be harder than any other bolt, il freeze the blood after the bolt is gone
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: April 25, 2011, 01:38:54 am »

You better get working on removing it. :P

Also, you should run away from everyone else so the dragon doesn't get you when it breath on other members.
How would I go about that?
Just try. If you get good rolls, you'll remove it.

Well... assuming [4][Luck 4] or better is needed to succeed (which is probably pretty pessimistic when you include bonuses, but it could be an unlucky/high level spell), you've got a 50/50 chance of each roll, meaning a single caster has a 25% chance to pull it off. With two casters that'd be a 6.25% chance of successfully making a turtle dog or whatever in one go.

On the other hand, if we assume [3][Luck 3] will work and everyone's got a +2 bonus, we basically autosuceed the skill roll and have a 66% chance of succeeding on the luck roll. That's a 43.56% chance for two casters to make a turtledog. Three would have a 28.75% chance of working, and four could pull it off 18.97% of the time.

So, the odds aren't good, depending on what exactly all the modifiers are, but there's still a very solid chance of making certain combinations in only two or three tries. And really, for the pleasure of owning your very own bearsquid or jackalhawk, isn't that worth it?
Even if it succeeds, the animal will likely have a hard time living depending on how different the two combined are. Like, for example, a bearsquid would need water and at the same time need to keep it's head out of the water.

Also, in bad rolls, you may kill one of the creatures.

This means that it's really, really hard to do so and succeed.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: April 25, 2011, 01:47:20 am »

Move apart from rest of group, have bat guard me. Attempt to remove chaos-attractor.

This means that it's really, really hard to do so and succeed.
:(

Also... it's just occurred to me that technically regular polymorphing could do the exact same thing, though I guess it might take a few turns to apply each relevant piece. I'm sure there must be some good reason to do the ol' splice routine, but I'm not sure exactly what that might be.

wolfchild: you should freeze Accurarwa 5's blood instead, preferably in one of his vital organs. If we mortally wound the ones tackling me, the mage will not be a problem, and then we can raise them to serve as meatshields against the remaining Accurarwa.
You're gonna die.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: April 25, 2011, 04:34:34 am »

Tala held the amulet tightly, trying to contact her God...reception wasn't good out here! Maybe this was another Kikubaaqudghas "jokes", like that guy he turned inside out. Or that other guy he made grow skin over his eyes...

"...spshsss...can you hear me now? Good. Don't look so dumdfounded, if I wanted you dead I'd of dropped you into a giant spiders web.

I need you to do something for me, maggot. That, er Sword of Ascar, you know it? Find it for me. It's somewhere in the lands I dropped you in. No, I don't know where! Your lucky I chose you, even-that teleportation spell caused every man, woman and child in a mile radius of that inn you were staying at to combust into flames. Is he joking? You'll never know.

See, Ascar may be like a brother to me...a murdering, blood drinking, soul rending brother...but he's really jumping the gun here. He wants to destroy the world before me, and he won't share. He won't even let me scour the earth with undead or unleash a plague of flesh rotting-he just wants to "blow it all up". Real original buddy! Well, I'll show him. I'll show them all! Or, to be more precise, YOU will, on my behalf. The Gods have all sent a few people on this, even if they don't know it, so I need you to work with them to find the sword, alright? Don't rip out their hearts, at least until you get the sword. Who's a good girl? You are!

I'm breaking up again...uhh, blah blah, find the sword, I'll reward you with great powers, blah blah, fail and receive eternal torment, etc etc...SPhshs....These Idiot Humans, they'll believe anything you say....wait, is this thing still on?....spsssszzzz

Well, she had best get to it, then. There had been been a few things she was working on, it would be best to practice them till the others showed up...

Action: I fill my water bottle and try to develop a defensive martial arts stance called "Iron Turtle Stance"

OOC: Tarran, you mind if I develop martial stances, sort of like spells? They would be like magical buffs that never run out, but wouldn't be as strong and would trade that strength for drawbacks.

Also, Monks don't wear heavy armor, so I'd like to have a way to balance this out. Maybe an increased dodge chance? Otherwise, I'll have to do kickflips in plate mail, and that will blow my character concept to Hell. :)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 06:36:11 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: April 25, 2011, 04:59:58 am »

OOC: Tarran, you mind if I develop martial stances, sort of like spells? They would be like magical buffs that never run out, but wouldn't be as strong and would trade that strength for drawbacks.
Oh great, another one of those "I'm not sure" things for me.

I don't really know how I'd deal with it, personally. I'm already having a lot of annoyances with flat out magic.

Speaking of which, I still haven't figured out the weight reducing thing... meh, I'll save it for when it actually matters.

Anyway, I'll think about it next turn. Don't get your hopes up, though.

Also, Monks don't wear heavy armor, so I'd like to have a way to balance this out. Maybe an increased dodge chance? Otherwise, I'll have to do kickflips in plate mail, and that will blow my character concept to Hell. :)
No, no bonuses just because of your picked "class". I'm not really going to bend the rules and likely ruin the already cracking balance of the game. Seriously, I have no doubt that the game's balance is standing on a pole on one foot while balancing a dragon in each hand.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: April 25, 2011, 05:06:49 am »

Kickflips in plate mail it is then!

Let's all just pretend I never wear armor. I'll "wear" armor, but I won't be referenced as wearing it in fluff, only in game terms. Take that Tarran!

On that, you mind upgrading my armor to at least leather or something, then? I wouldn't of picked a robe if, I would have known you were adamant on this specific subject. You crushed my dreams of breaking the games rules with a dynamic martial arts based combat system, give me this at least.

;D

« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 05:08:31 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: April 25, 2011, 05:11:43 am »

Your armor is made of dexterity :V

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: April 25, 2011, 11:55:30 am »

hmm...
+2 toughness
leveling up is fun!
Create Place a fire-deflection shield between us and the dragon.
That should be fun ^^
5 more turns and mutation time...  :-\
Hey, one question: is it high enough in the cave to fly above the dragon and polymorph it from above?  :P Not that I plan to do that, but as a backup plan...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: April 25, 2011, 12:45:52 pm »

On that, you mind upgrading my armor to at least leather or something, then? I wouldn't of picked a robe if, I would have known you were adamant on this specific subject.
Fine, fine, whatever. I'll change it.

You crushed my dreams of breaking the games rules with a dynamic martial arts based combat system, give me this at least.

;D
Uhhh... thank you? I guess?

5 more turns and mutation time...  :-\
Likely shorter since the the dragon can breath chaos.

Hey, one question: is it high enough in the cave to fly above the dragon and polymorph it from above?  :P Not that I plan to do that, but as a backup plan...
No, the cave is short, the dragon is almost hitting his head on the ceiling.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: April 25, 2011, 12:59:16 pm »

well then.
next turn (after this one): Cave-tall spikes  :P (as if anything can go wrong...  :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: April 25, 2011, 01:00:45 pm »

We should totally cause a cave in on it.

Also, we should've used our surprise round for scaring it, making it hit it's head against the roof :3

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: April 25, 2011, 01:02:23 pm »

We should totally cause a cave in on it.
There's no way that could go wrong and cave in on you guys trapping you all for eternity... right?

Also, we should've used our surprise round for scaring it, making it hit it's head against the roof :3
Yeh. Your surprise round was kinda... weak, in my opinion.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: April 25, 2011, 01:48:57 pm »

Oh yeah, I'll take 2 Intelligence for my levelup.

Now watch as I die at -1.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: April 25, 2011, 10:28:36 pm »

Turn?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: April 25, 2011, 10:40:17 pm »

Lazy. Again.

And EU3. Screwing with the inferior blobs is fun.

Have patience, turn is coming.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 139