Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153833 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 21: Durnneran's last breaths. Prisoners...
« Reply #1020 on: May 06, 2011, 10:58:09 pm »

Depends on how big the golem is.
How big can it be? :3
As big as the body.

I can't even touch one pincer hand to the other? o_o Ah, oh well.
You can, you just have difficulty.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: May 06, 2011, 11:02:53 pm »

Well, there's more to succeeding/aiming than just aiming/touching, as your failed attempts to heal a willing ally and then heal a willing ally whose arm you'd grabbed attest.

As big as the body.
And this dragon's the size of three horses, you said? I think you said something like that.

Anyway, I'm thinking large... but it probably wouldn't be fair to use up all the dragon... but then it would end up tanking for the party...

Assuming a hulking humanoid-ish shape, roughly how tall would it be if I used up all of it? What about 3/5s? What kind of golem could I make out of 1/5 of the dragon?

EDIT:

Also, I can heal flesh golems using Healing magic, right? Do golems empowered with a soul have any ability to learn?

What's everyone else's opinions on my grand schemes?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 11:08:30 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: May 06, 2011, 11:11:08 pm »

Assuming a hulking humanoid-ish shape, roughly how tall would it be if I used up all of it? What about 3/5s? What kind of golem could I make out of 1/5 of the dragon?
Roughly dragon size.

Roughly two-horses size.

Roughly human size.

Also, I can heal flesh golems using Healing magic, right?
No. It's still dead flesh. Can't heal it.

Do golems empowered with a soul have any ability to learn?
Kinda. They're kinda dumb without an actual mind.

Also, since the RTDs I play and are still active/not on hold is running low, when are 'ya going to start yours? Come on, I want to be horribly mutated and I'm sure you'll want to write about it too. :P
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: May 06, 2011, 11:30:11 pm »

No. It's still dead flesh. Can't heal it.
Damn it! That spoils my plans all to hell. Maybe I should just make equipment out of it then, since that can be repaired.

...can I use crafting to repair flesh golems? What about other golems? Can elementalism repair appropriate golems? Could I use necromancy to manipulate dead flesh into "healing" the way one might use earth magic to repair a clay pot?

That'll do. Can they gain experience, perhaps at a drastically reduced rate?

Also, since the RTDs I play and are still active/not on hold is running low, when are 'ya going to start yours? Come on, I want to be horribly mutated and I'm sure you'll want to write about it too. :P
I know, I know. Been a little too busy lately, but it should be up before the weekend is over.

Also I'm gonna laugh if we get the equivalent to a tantrum spiral, whereby one of you fully transforms into a rampaging horror and someone else transforms in the ensuing battle, thus ensuring that nobody who isn't currently a ravening twenty-foot tall abomination has any chance of surviving.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: May 06, 2011, 11:39:42 pm »

...can I use crafting to repair flesh golems?
Yesssir. If you have more flesh.

What about other golems? Can elementalism repair appropriate golems?
Yes, as long as you roll a good roll and don't roll a 1 and break the golem and possibly the soulstone.

Could I use necromancy to manipulate dead flesh into "healing" the way one might use earth magic to repair a clay pot?
Nope.

That'll do. Can they gain experience, perhaps at a drastically reduced rate?
Meh, I'll decide later.

Also, I believe I've said this before but I feel as though I should remind you: If the soul you're using is from a formally hostile creature, you'll have to roll to see if it'll be hostile towards you when you put it in a golem.

I know, I know. Been a little too busy lately, but it should be up before the weekend is over.
W00t!

Also I'm gonna laugh if we get the equivalent to a tantrum spiral, whereby one of you fully transforms into a rampaging horror and someone else transforms in the ensuing battle, thus ensuring that nobody who isn't currently a ravening twenty-foot tall abomination has any chance of surviving.
He he he, that would be fun.

Too bad we wouldn't be able to carry on as demons destroying everything after that.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: May 07, 2011, 01:22:09 am »

Hrm. Wouldn't really be a dragonflesh golem after a while though, or would it?

Yes, as long as you roll a good roll and don't roll a 1 and break the golem and possibly the soulstone.
Are golems especially fragile or just standard perils?

Also, I believe I've said this before but I feel as though I should remind you: If the soul you're using is from a formally hostile creature, you'll have to roll to see if it'll be hostile towards you when you put it in a golem.
You mentioned that you'd need a necromancer for that, but I don't think you said I needed a roll for it. Will I know the result when it goes in the stone or when the golem activates?

Too bad we wouldn't be able to carry on as demons destroying everything after that.
I think you're forgetting that the basis of the setting is basically that this sort of thing keeps happening. :3

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: May 07, 2011, 01:50:23 am »

Tarran: in my "Binded hands" status, you wrote "her" instead of "him".
By the way, does "behind me" include my other hand? If so, can I cast a healing spell at myself?

wolfchild: struggle and mumble a bit so we can determine whether I'm in the same room with you or not.

Listen for a few more seconds. If I still don't hear anyone: escape the bonds with sleight of hand.
If there is somebody nearby and I can affect self with spells: inconspiciously heal myself, preferably with Hard(-1) difficulty spell.
Else: keep resting to restore HPs.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: May 07, 2011, 02:10:36 am »

Hrm. Wouldn't really be a dragonflesh golem after a while though, or would it?
Flesh is flesh, I won't differentiate between the other types because I just don't want to.

Are golems especially fragile or just standard perils?
Standard.

You mentioned that you'd need a necromancer for that, but I don't think you said I needed a roll for it. Will I know the result when it goes in the stone or when the golem activates?
You'll know when the soul goes into the golem.

Tarran: in my "Binded hands" status, you wrote "her" instead of "him".
Whoops.

By the way, does "behind me" include my other hand? If so, can I cast a healing spell at myself?
Yes. I guess so.

wolfchild: struggle and mumble a bit so we can determine whether I'm in the same room with you or not.
Awww, metagaming. You're no fun. Anyway, neither of you can mumble very loud.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: May 07, 2011, 02:17:26 am »

Twist me hands trying to loosen my bonds, while trying to chew through my gag
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: May 07, 2011, 02:36:50 am »

Flesh is flesh, I won't differentiate between the other types because I just don't want to.
Well that could be awesome and horrifying then: A massive meat golem that I repair with the corpses of my enemies. Would the type of enemy make a difference in the golem's initial stats, though? Would a 3/5-dragon golem be different from a 2-horse golem, for instance?

You'll know when the soul goes into the golem.
!!FUN!!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: May 07, 2011, 02:39:16 am »

Well that could be awesome and horrifying then: A massive meat golem that I repair with the corpses of my enemies. Would the type of enemy make a difference in the golem's initial stats, though? Would a 3/5-dragon golem be different from a 2-horse golem, for instance?
Nope.

!!FUN!!
Indeed.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: May 07, 2011, 02:52:15 am »

Aw. Well, if there's nothing to be gained I guess we should just turn it into equipment, which I assume is affected by the type of foe it's made from.

Maybe I can find some horses later. :P

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: May 07, 2011, 02:57:27 am »

Maybe I can find some horses later. :P
...You're horrible. ;D

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: May 07, 2011, 03:04:28 am »

ouch dis hurts. maibe i shud hit dagron wiht sord

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: May 07, 2011, 09:58:08 am »

Kick the dragon in the face!

Also, who feels like going Dragon mining after we kill it...scales for shields, teeth for arrows, blood...for...ugggh...might be a risk of chaos infection though.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 139