Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves using deconstructed dump  (Read 689 times)

Avo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarves using deconstructed dump
« on: April 04, 2011, 01:29:07 pm »

Earlier i had some body parts i wanted to get rid of, so i did the sensible thing and used the dump command to submerge them in lava then removed the dump once all of  the dirty work was done. Shortly after i replaced my old dump and designated all of my precious goblinite to be dumped but my dwarves are still dumping it into the long gone magma dump zone. How can i fix this?

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves using deconstructed dump
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 01:30:39 pm »

I've had dwarves taking clay (well, attempting, failing, and cancel spamming) from a clay collection zone which I'd removed. Maybe zones are broken. :S
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

dmurray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 04:21:21 pm »

Replace or deleted and made a new one? If the old one is still active that might be the problem.

Avo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 04:35:32 pm »

Deleted and made a new one, i had the entire dump removed.

dmurray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 05:52:17 pm »

Deleted and made a new one, i had the entire dump removed.

Are you sure they aren't removing the rocks from the old dump and putting it in the new one? That might have something to do with it.

IF not, just disable the dumping labour (or whatever it is called) on all dwarves, remove the dump and try it again, then enable the labours.

JmzLost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 09:34:03 pm »

Did you mark the goblinite for dumping before or after you created the new zone?  I've had problems with dwarves trying to dump things in the wrong zone, even though it was inactive, because they were marked for dumping when it was the only dump zone I had.  You might try removing the dump command from the items, recreating your dump zone, and then mark the items for dumping again.  You can also try building a floor over the old dump zone, so even if it gets dumped there you can recover it.

The labor for dumping is "refuse hauling".

JMZ
Also, obviously, magma avalanches and tsunamis weren't exactly a contingency covered in the mission briefing.
I can assure you that Ardentdikes is not the first fortress to be flooded with magma. What's unusual is that we actually meant to flood it with magma.