Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Best Goblin Execution?  (Read 20809 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: Best Goblin Execution?
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2011, 06:47:34 pm »

Mod the specific barrel creature's raws so that ITS tissue and its tissue alone ignite at 50 urists.
:D

I think that'll get all the elves killed in world gen, then no more elves to blow up?  :-\

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2011, 06:49:39 pm »

Only if you make the reaction happen by itself. If you make it need a specific thing only dorfs have to make them transform, you're good.
You'll have to provide warm, moist kittens at the end of each test chamber.
Dwarf Fortress:
Where 9% of your town is casualties, is good.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2011, 06:54:48 pm »

Only if you make the reaction happen by itself. If you make it need a specific thing only dorfs have to make them transform, you're good.
Won't the dwarves refuse to do it? Ethics and such?

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2011, 07:00:12 pm »

Before you get too invested in this, living creatures can't be used as a reaction reagent :p

It'd work as a corpse though

I think.

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2011, 07:02:35 pm »

Necromancy time.
You'll have to provide warm, moist kittens at the end of each test chamber.
Dwarf Fortress:
Where 9% of your town is casualties, is good.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2011, 08:04:51 pm »

Also, you guys sound more like Duergar than Dwarves. Evil dwarves are called Duergar, also known as "Underdark dwarves". Moutain/hill dwarves are generally kinder, though not to goblins. Giving them a weapon and a chance to fight for their life is the true dwarven way....Not murdering them :<

I have yet to encounter goblins, but I think I'll let them get eaten by my River Sharks...

Or whatever kills my dwarves when they enter the river.

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2011, 08:07:43 pm »

Also, you guys sound more like Duergar than Dwarves. Evil dwarves are called Duergar, also known as "Underdark dwarves". Moutain/hill dwarves are generally kinder, though not to goblins. Giving them a weapon and a chance to fight for their life is the true dwarven way....Not murdering them :<

I have yet to encounter goblins, but I think I'll let them get eaten by my River Sharks...

Or whatever kills my dwarves when they enter the river.
That's what happens when you get locked in the caverns for 7 years, during which you slay 3 Forgotten beasts, and countless cave crocodiles.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2011, 12:02:51 am »

Dwarves and ethics? How drunk are you?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2011, 12:03:33 am »

Dwarf level.

EDIT: Read my skill under my avatar.

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
  • Listen to my album at www.oldschoolpoindexter.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2011, 12:44:59 am »

one dwarf with a bone helmet, a leather loincloth, cloak and boot set, and either a scourge or dagger, whichever im in the mood for.
he is the executioner.

i have no idea what his best execution has been.
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2011, 01:36:00 am »

I use a variety of methods.

First I just had an arena where my soldiers slaughtered them for practice, and to give my noobies some good combat time.

Then I caught a giant cave spider, so for a while I pitted them against my GCS in the arena to produce silk and for AWESOME, till a bowgoblin that I forgot to take the bow from broke two of his legs, and I realized that I didn't want to keep risking my favorite pet.

For the time being, I keep them prisoner while I work on my megaproject; a statue of a dwarf head that spits lava and cries water at the same time. They will randomly be burned, drown, or obsidianified in the pit that the statue rests in.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2011, 06:05:43 am »

Dwarf level.

Just try not to get rusty  :P

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2011, 07:36:57 pm »

Dwarf level.

Just try not to get rusty  :P
+100 xp gained: MOAR BOOZE!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2011, 12:03:56 pm »

I use a variety of methods.

First I just had an arena where my soldiers slaughtered them for practice, and to give my noobies some good combat time.

Then I caught a giant cave spider, so for a while I pitted them against my GCS in the arena to produce silk and for AWESOME, till a bowgoblin that I forgot to take the bow from broke two of his legs, and I realized that I didn't want to keep risking my favorite pet.

For the time being, I keep them prisoner while I work on my megaproject; a statue of a dwarf head that spits lava and cries water at the same time. They will randomly be burned, drown, or obsidianified in the pit that the statue rests in.
Nice.

I like GCS sacrifices best.  :D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8