Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Best Goblin Execution?  (Read 20814 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: Best Goblin Execution?
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2011, 10:37:18 am »

McHauler will be fine, inside the fort is 47 degrees and the only time it leaves is to trade it to elves.

Not for me, my Depot is outside :(
Put it underground then  :P

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2011, 11:52:28 am »

McHauler will be fine, inside the fort is 47 degrees and the only time it leaves is to trade it to elves.

Maybe I'll do it the easier way: launch the barrels at them with bridge-a-pults. Or simply use the bridge-a-pults for killing the goblins in the first place  ::)

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2011, 11:57:37 am »

Maybe I'll do it the easier way: launch the barrels at them with bridge-a-pults. Or simply use the bridge-a-pults for killing the goblins in the first place  ::)
FIRE THE BOOZE!
Dwarf cancels siege duty: Drinking.
Dwarf cancels drink: flung.
Dwarf cancels life: Interrupted by lasher.

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2011, 12:54:31 pm »

By bridgeapolt, I asumme you are using goblinoid ammunition?
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2011, 01:21:55 pm »

By bridgeapolt, I asumme you are using goblinoid ammunition?
Nope. We're using booze inside of barrels that are going to ignite at 3 degrees higher than underground temperature.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2011, 01:38:31 pm »

Could it be possible to mod these barrels so, that they are constructed as buildings, then linked to a pressure plate which, when activated, detonates the booze? Dwarven booze-mines!

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2011, 01:42:51 pm »

Could it be possible to mod these barrels so, that they are constructed as buildings, then linked to a pressure plate which, when activated, detonates the booze? Dwarven booze-mines!
Win :D

I don't think so  :(

Maybe you should ask in the modding forum. Ask if something can ignite with a mechanism, then put booze there  :D

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2011, 04:57:19 pm »

that, is actualy a good kind of idea for improved mechanisms and traps, make sure you put it up in the suggestions thread etc for toady etc to look at.

I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Blue_J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2011, 05:22:24 pm »

You can do that already, although I haven't done it personally. Just make 1-square booze stockpiles, then once the barrels are in place, remove the stockpile and forbid the barrel. Then, over each barrel you make a floodgate, and a 1-square magma reservoir above that. Link the pressure plate to the floodgate, and when someone steps on it, the magma falls and lights the barrels. Boom.

Of course, based on the descriptions I've seen on the forum, the exploding booze doesn't actually do that much damage by itself, it's the fire that eventually kills you. Moreover, if you've gone through the trouble to make a magma reservoir like that, you're already able to just flood the chamber with magma, so.....

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2011, 05:45:12 pm »

You can do that already, although I haven't done it personally. Just make 1-square booze stockpiles, then once the barrels are in place, remove the stockpile and forbid the barrel. Then, over each barrel you make a floodgate, and a 1-square magma reservoir above that. Link the pressure plate to the floodgate, and when someone steps on it, the magma falls and lights the barrels. Boom.

Of course, based on the descriptions I've seen on the forum, the exploding booze doesn't actually do that much damage by itself, it's the fire that eventually kills you. Moreover, if you've gone through the trouble to make a magma reservoir like that, you're already able to just flood the chamber with magma, so.....
But... the win!

Oh, I know! Mod a metal so it ignites at 50 degrees! Derp! That solves the wood problem  :D

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2011, 06:12:37 pm »

What, no turning living elves into still-living booze barrels/firebombs? Booooo.
You'll have to provide warm, moist kittens at the end of each test chamber.
Dwarf Fortress:
Where 9% of your town is casualties, is good.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2011, 06:15:16 pm »

What, no turning living elves into still-living booze barrels/firebombs? Booooo.
I don't know how to do that  :'(

But I do know how to get copper to burst into unholy flames!  :D

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2011, 06:27:43 pm »

Custom reaction elf-> barrel, mod tissue raws to ignite at 50 urists.
Dwarf Fortress:

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2011, 06:34:33 pm »

Custom reaction elf-> barrel, mod tissue raws to ignite at 50 urists.
Then everything with skin would burn outside  :P

...vampire elves?

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2011, 06:36:07 pm »

Mod the specific barrel creature's raws so that ITS tissue and its tissue alone ignite at 50 urists.
Dwarf Fortress:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8