Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Best Goblin Execution?  (Read 20503 times)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
Re: Best Goblin Execution?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2011, 02:49:47 pm »

Construct a giant... Dwarven breeding tool out of rock (or bone), and crush them beneath it via cave-in. Ultimate humiliation!
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2011, 02:54:46 pm »

Disarm them, then assign them to a chain in the caverns. Alternatively you can try to conquer HFS first and chain them there.
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2011, 03:04:15 pm »

Toss them into the dwarven magma machine gun for a load of cruelty. You could also try recreating a shooting squad and have the goblin stand still by a wall or something. Have your marksdwarves stand behind the raised bridge and when all is ready, release the bridge and count the volleys.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2011, 03:09:51 pm »

It's threads like this that remind me why I love these forums so much.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2011, 03:17:27 pm »

I wonder if it's possible to have a waterslide of pain? Idea being, the goblin is dropped into a 1-tile wide corridor/ramp setup. Water washes him down and as he passes down he triggers all the weapon traps that were installed on the waterslide. Hardest part would be perfecting the water pressure so the goblin is properly swept down instead of just standing in teleporting water and drowning.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2011, 04:06:25 pm »

I wonder if it's possible to have a waterslide of pain? Idea being, the goblin is dropped into a 1-tile wide corridor/ramp setup. Water washes him down and as he passes down he triggers all the weapon traps that were installed on the waterslide. Hardest part would be perfecting the water pressure so the goblin is properly swept down instead of just standing in teleporting water and drowning.
I second that wholeheartedly.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2011, 04:08:29 pm »

I just...

hoard my prisoners.

I'd rather die than sit in the dark and have no clue what the dorfs have in plan for me.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2011, 04:16:18 pm »

build a big prison that is open into a big pit, link this prison/pit to the entrance to the circus, dont have stairs so the clowns fly up in the middle of these rings and row upon row and z level upon z level of prisoners. their syndromes and screams from those at the bottom will unnerve those at the top. Bonus points if you pit the goblins en mass onto these ledges with full armour and weapons so they fight the clowns for you and give you a small chance of weakening them enought for your millatery to take on.

I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2011, 05:35:11 pm »

WIN!

Dump it in the river, and you get rid of all the blood too  ;D

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2011, 07:55:34 pm »

build a big prison that is open into a big pit, link this prison/pit to the entrance to the circus, dont have stairs so the clowns fly up in the middle of these rings and row upon row and z level upon z level of prisoners. their syndromes and screams from those at the bottom will unnerve those at the top. Bonus points if you pit the goblins en mass onto these ledges with full armour and weapons so they fight the clowns for you and give you a small chance of weakening them enought for your millatery to take on.
That'd be nice. I hate clowns  :P

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2011, 08:53:15 pm »

their syndromes and screams from those at the bottom will unnerve those at the top.
Ooh, I have an idea. Capture an FB with a noxious secretion (good luck with that), release it into a large enclosed muddy area with lots of nooks and crannies, and dump prisoners into it via a hatch with a bridge airlock. Death by Sea of Slime!
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2011, 11:47:20 pm »

If you're on a cold environment, why not encase them in ice? Or, while we're at it, why not encase them in obsidian? :D

I'd rather die than sit in the dark and have no clue what the dorfs have in plan for me.

Sigged that.

But remember, it's a waste of cages. Unless you dump them into a small, dark room with no way out?

Edit: Hold on, I just remembered a nice feature in DF: If you build a trap, then remove the floor from under it, the trap stays. Drop 'em into a deep pit-o-traps! Dozens of z-levels of traps, and finally an impact with the bottom... then a waterslide of pain from there.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 11:53:18 pm by Oliolli »

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Abyss, Holder of Light

• Bay Watcher
  • [DARK_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2011, 03:03:30 am »

I have a list:

-Gobbos are tame GCS fodder (and for silk too.)
-I usually make a tower with a bridge-a-pult on the top. Flinging them out of the map area.
-I dig a 3x3 hole from the surface down to the magma sea, then make a tower on top the said hole, then cover the hole with a bridge. Most of the gobbos/elves/humans/werewolves/demons that get cage-trapped go here, and I drop them when I feel like doing so.
-military wrestling meatbags (or training for my hammerdwarves)
-moving targets for my crossbowdwarves
-"Fun experiments with magma, water and obsidian" by Urist McNaturePhilosophist (which consists of a 1-tile 4/7 waterdor)
-"I want to play a game" - I have a dorf named Jigsaw, you know what that means.

...and a lot of other stuff, some of which I am still trying to refine/polish.
Clearly now all we need added are dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark they shoot bees at you. Thus we can release them along with the dogs & bees themselves when unwelcome guests come to your fortress.

And then lock the door.

Gnauga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2011, 05:54:51 am »

Sphalerite once dropped a gobbo into a shark tank. Except with a sea serpent instead of sharks.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2011, 06:18:05 am »

I got a soft spot for dropping goblins, whether on spikes, or in pools in freezing biomes, so that they either drown, either crash on the ice, either, when I'm good with the timing and water level, get encased in ice.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8