Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: how do i get rid of floating ramps  (Read 1841 times)

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
how do i get rid of floating ramps
« on: April 03, 2011, 09:26:28 pm »

i collapsed a mountain side just now, and im left with these downward slopes that float in mid air. i cannot actually target them with remove ramp either, so dfhack doesnt work to get rid of these.

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
Re: how do i get rid of floating ramps
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 09:52:30 pm »

No idea but I'd love to see an answer.
At last, she is done.

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 10:04:34 pm »

i kinda got rid of them just now by building a floor over it and then removing the construction. this is really tedious though cause ive got like a hundred downward slopes from the mountain that i just dropped..

Noble Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 08:07:07 am »

The surest way is to build a ramp (b -> C -> r) in the tile below it and then remove it (d -> n) as this will trick the game into properly cleaning up the "ramp-ness" from the tile that had a ghost ramp visible in it.

You might also be able to do this with dfhack if you're willing to do your homework on figuring out how. The only thing I've ever used it for is deleting all the contaminants from my map back when they were like a fortress-destroying creeping darkness!
quib·ble
1. To evade the truth or importance of an issue by raising trivial distinctions and objections.
2. To find fault or criticize for petty reasons; cavil.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 08:42:17 am »

So, floating down ramps? Never seen those before... hmm. Actually, this would be a trivial addition to the deramp tool.

Right. Try the deramp tool from this build: https://github.com/downloads/peterix/dfhack/dfhack-0.5.12-deramptest.zip

Untested, it might eat babies and set cats on fire, etc. Backup your save.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 08:54:55 am by peterix »

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 08:48:46 am »

So, floating down ramps? Never seen those before... hmm. Actually, this would be a trivial addition to the deramp tool.

Down-ramps don't actually exist, they're simply an indicator that there is a ramp below them.  When you collapse huge sections of map, sometimes the game forgets to "unmark" those empty spaces and you'll get "floating down ramps."

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 02:53:53 pm »

Right. Try the deramp tool from this build: https://github.com/downloads/peterix/dfhack/dfhack-0.5.12-deramptest.zip

the deramp tool doesnt work because you cant actually select these downward slopes for deramping

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 03:00:48 pm »

the deramp tool doesnt work because you cant actually select these downward slopes for deramping

Because they're not "ramps" but "open space."  They just have a different symbol.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 04:01:20 pm »

It works because I changed it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 08:20:13 pm »

It works because I changed it.
I thought that was obvious from what you said.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Noble Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 06:21:40 am »

In case it wasn't 100% apparent, peterix created and\or maintains that tool, so you are fortunate he stopped by the thread, to say the least :D

woooo, ahhh, a shiny celebrity! *executes drunken bow*
quib·ble
1. To evade the truth or importance of an issue by raising trivial distinctions and objections.
2. To find fault or criticize for petty reasons; cavil.