Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: merchants going melancholy?  (Read 579 times)

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
merchants going melancholy?
« on: April 03, 2011, 09:24:20 pm »

i dont have a trade depot right now, and the merchants that come seem to just sit at the edge of the map until they go insane. is this supposed to happen?

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Re: merchants going melancholy?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 12:35:06 am »

That's... odd. If the merchants can't leave the map for a long time, they either go berserk or insane. Usually this happens when you trap them inside your trade depot, but I've never heard of it happening like this. It's probably a problem with the map that prevents them from leaving.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
Re: merchants going melancholy?
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 01:50:05 am »

I have had this happen too. I was doing some reorganizing and didn't feel like rebuilding my depot for stupid elves. Nothing was wrong with the map, they had a clear path to exit hehe. They went nuts, atacked one of their own Yak's(which enraged) and somewhere in the fallout I lost my favorite dwarf. 

I save scummed, built a depot, and shot ballista arrows at them instead.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"