Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Skaven Mod  (Read 1379 times)

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Skaven Mod
« on: April 03, 2011, 08:17:17 pm »

Allright, i want to add a dwarf's most favored opponent: The Skaven. I also want to give the warpstone, however, i don't have any experience modding.  I have the skaven book, but i need help.  Where do i start modding?

I also need things like: Is there any reason to give skaven warpstone every single time? Am i able to make it a stone and toxic?

Am i amble to make certain castes (like skaven slaves) Go armorless, while Stormvermin have steel armor and polearms?

Am ai bable to put anything in with multiple brains like rat swarms?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 08:37:38 pm by SimRobert2001 »

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
Re: Skaven Mod
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 09:00:39 pm »

Not sure about the warpstone thing.

I think you could make some castes unable to use armor by making their body size lower than the armored castes. They could still bring shields are weapons.

And multiple brains is possible, just make a body part for it.
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 09:39:21 pm »

Not sure about the warpstone thing.

I think you could make some castes unable to use armor by making their body size lower than the armored castes. They could still bring shields are weapons.

And multiple brains is possible, just make a body part for it.

well, i knwo multiple brains is possible, but would there be any dwarfy side effects, like being impossible to kill?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 09:40:25 pm »

That armour thing no longer works, the size 70000 bug was fixed a couple of versions ago.

One could make two skaven bodies, one with only an UPPERBODY for a torso and one with only a LOWERBODY for a torso. The lower body is only for stuff in the pants file, and the upper body is only for stuff in the armor file. This way you can split skaven into two clothing / armour groups, but only two.

As for the warpstone... I don't know the details of whether they should have it all the time, but it can be made a stone and it can be made toxic upon boiling. Which category of item it becomes determines its hardcoded uses, so it might be that something other than stone is more suitable for it.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 10:08:16 pm »

what armor thing?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 11:07:46 pm »

Using body size to determine who wears what. Until .21 or something like that, only creatures with a body size of 70000 could wear armour made in a reaction (if it's made 'normally', it fits everybody). You could manipulate the size modifiers to give them a different effective size, but they needed to start out at 70000.

Now, reaction-made armour fits like the stuff you get from the hardcoded metalworking. Gauntlets are an exception, as reactions don't produce handed gauntlets. Don't think there's any way of getting around this one.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 12:04:39 am »

The armor has a "race size", so all your creatures would spawn in armor. There are weird workarounds but I wouldn't suggest it :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 12:07:07 am »

Is that the upper / lower body manipulation, or is there another way of doing it?

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 02:19:25 am »

For warpstone, you can make it toxic by making a warpstone metal:

Add to inorganic_mineral.txt
[INORGANIC:WARPSTONE_STABLE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:warpstone][STONE_NAME:warpstone][DISPLAY_COLOR:2:0:0][TILE:156]
[ENVIRONMENT:SEDIMENTARY:CLUSTER_SMALL:40]
[ITEM_SYMBOL:'*']
[SOLID_DENSITY:3796]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:8]

add to inorganic_gem.txt
[INORGANIC:WARPSTONE_UNSTABLE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:WARPSTONE_TEMPLATE]
 [STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:warpstone]
       [STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:warpstone]
       [STATE_NAME:LIQUID:magma]
       [STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:magma]
       [STATE_NAME:GAS:warpstone gas]
       [STATE_ADJ:GAS:warpstone gas]
       [PREFIX:NONE]
       [SYNDROME]
        [SYN_NAME:warpstone exposure]
        [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
        [SYN_INHALED]
        [CE_COUGH_BLOOD:SEV:100:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:5:PEAK:10:END:20]
        [CE_NAUSEA:SEV:100:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:50:PEAK:500:END:800]
   [CE_FEVER:SEV:50:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:START:50:PEAK:500:END:800]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:2][DISPLAY_COLOR:2:0:0][TILE:'*']
[ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:WARPSTONE_UNSTABLE:CLUSTER_SMALL:100]

add to material_template_default.txt
[MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:WARPSTONE_TEMPLATE]
   These are the state names, adjectives and colors for the material.
   [STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:GREEN]
   [STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:warpstone]
   [STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:warpstone]
   [STATE_COLOR:LIQUID:ORANGE]
   [STATE_NAME:LIQUID:magma]
   [STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:magma]
   [STATE_COLOR:GAS:GREEN]
   [STATE_NAME:GAS:boiling warpstone]
   [STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling warpstone]
   [DISPLAY_COLOR:2:0:0]
   [MATERIAL_VALUE:1]
   [SPEC_HEAT:800]
   [IGNITE_POINT:NONE]
   [MELTING_POINT:11500]
   [BOILING_POINT:9000]
   [HEATDAM_POINT:NONE]
   [COLDDAM_POINT:NONE]
   [MAT_FIXED_TEMP:9001]
   [SOLID_DENSITY:2670]
   [LIQUID_DENSITY:3300]
   Not used.
   [MOLAR_MASS:36000]
   [IMPACT_YIELD:120000]
   [IMPACT_FRACTURE:120000]
   [IMPACT_ELASTICITY:100]
   [COMPRESSIVE_YIELD:120000]
   [COMPRESSIVE_FRACTURE:120000]
   [COMPRESSIVE_ELASTICITY:100]
   [TENSILE_YIELD:15000]
   [TENSILE_FRACTURE:15000]
   [TENSILE_ELASTICITY:100]
   [TORSION_YIELD:15000]
   [TORSION_FRACTURE:15000]
   [TORSION_ELASTICITY:100]
   [SHEAR_YIELD:15000]
   [SHEAR_FRACTURE:15000]
   [SHEAR_ELASTICITY:100]
   [BENDING_YIELD:15000]
   [BENDING_FRACTURE:15000]
   [BENDING_ELASTICITY:100]
   [MAX_EDGE:1000]
   [ABSORPTION:100]

That should give you a minable warpstone that will sometimes release bursts of toxic gas. Feel free to modify the syndromes to suit your tastes.

There should be new workshops at which warpstone can be made into bullets for warplock guns, or made into powder and mixed with oil to create warpstone venom. You can also create castes in the skaven creature entry so that you have storm rats etc. If Toady ever makes reactions able to spawn creatures, it would be awesome if you could make giant rats and rat ogres using captured rats and warpstone.
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 11:20:59 am »

I've had a mod for Skaven on the backburner for ages.  Making warpstone a rare gem with an exploding poison warpstone variant inside each cluster/produced during smelting is a good way to represent the lethality of handling it.
Also known as Zuhayr.

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 07:16:59 am »

Excellent to see more warhammer focus in these forums! I am almost ready to release lizardmen to add to my forces of chaos mod, and skaven were next on the chopping block. If you would like to collaborate (this goes for anyone wanting to do warhammer stuff) just let me know in the soon-to-be-resurrected forces of chaos thread or by pm! Either way, keep on working away.