Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Give me that axe!!  (Read 856 times)

randyshipp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Give me that axe!!
« on: April 03, 2011, 07:16:09 pm »

Is there a simple way to make a militia dorf drop his steel battle axe so I can get another body outside chopping trees?
Randy...

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Give me that axe!!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 07:21:15 pm »

Ultimate solution: disband the squad, or tell the dwarf to pick up a different weapon.

Practical if exploity solution: build a training axe, use that to cut wood.

All else fails: Dump that axe while he's holding it. You'll still need to make him get another weapon though, from the equip subscreen of the military section.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 07:23:32 pm »

Ultimate solution: disband the squad, or tell the dwarf to pick up a different weapon.

Practical if exploity solution: build a training axe, use that to cut wood.

All else fails: Dump that axe while he's holding it. You'll still need to make him get another weapon though, from the equip subscreen of the military section.
You can use a wooden axe to cut wood? I thought we were dwarves, not minecrafters!  :P

randyshipp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 07:49:26 pm »

Ugh...my brain isn't up to military manipulation yet.  I'm assigning guys to squads (I think I have three squads of four guys), but I haven't dived into the military controls enough to learn how to equip them and such.  As soon as I get this latest batch of bedrooms finished, I'll sit down with a military tutorial or two.  I am working toward it...I'm trying to get steel built up, but I have other problems, which are the topic for an upcoming post. :-)
Randy...

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 08:39:48 pm »

I think this thread should be renamed
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 08:40:51 pm »

Wait. Are you implying that the axedorf in question has woodcutting enabled?

Or possibly the dorf has grown attached to the axe, and won't let anyone have it.
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 09:35:55 pm »

Wait. Are you implying that the axedorf in question has woodcutting enabled?

Or possibly the dorf has grown attached to the axe, and won't let anyone have it.

Attachment doesn't prevent it from being dumped. I did that to my hammerlords when I switched them over to 2h swords, and at least two of them were attached to their hammers.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 09:45:33 pm »

Will dumping it work if it's a named weapon? If so, will it make them sad?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."