Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarfy Death Tower question  (Read 650 times)

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
Dwarfy Death Tower question
« on: April 03, 2011, 06:47:14 pm »

Since I'm actually a little bored with my current death trap where the dwarf, usually a noble, I hate pulls a lever and gets dropped 10+z levels I was actually considering building a tower where I can either A. Throw them off the top or B. For use to drop captured monsters/annoying animals.  My problem is... I have no idea how to go about this.  I've never been to skilled when it has come to doing anything really advanced beyond simple dodge traps, bolt recovery, and amusing mazes filled with an inappropriate amount of serrated discs.  So my question is, what would be the best way to construct a trap that can be used to remove unsavory dwarves, homicidal donkeys, and the occasional goblin?
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarfy Death Tower question
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 06:54:41 pm »

Since I'm actually a little bored with my current death trap where the dwarf, usually a noble, I hate pulls a lever and gets dropped 10+z levels I was actually considering building a tower where I can either A. Throw them off the top or B. For use to drop captured monsters/annoying animals.  My problem is... I have no idea how to go about this.  I've never been to skilled when it has come to doing anything really advanced beyond simple dodge traps, bolt recovery, and amusing mazes filled with an inappropriate amount of serrated discs.  So my question is, what would be the best way to construct a trap that can be used to remove unsavory dwarves, homicidal donkeys, and the occasional goblin?
Hatches, pits, and levers.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 07:10:14 pm »

Bridges are better than hatches, but may cause crushing, ghosts
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 07:14:51 pm »

build a 10x1 (or 1x10) drawbridge from the top of stairs up the tower to a lever that raises it (away from the lever).

Record how far each Noble flies from the dwarfapault for the sake of !!SCIENCE!!.

:o

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 07:20:08 pm »

Burrows and bridges. Animal tossing is easy - build cage next to drop spot, then do the pit maneuveur. Have dwarves be dropped off a bridge (use burrow to make them sit there), possibly from a different area to the animal tossing but that's not essential.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 07:43:20 pm »

Build the tower, build the bridge at the top, pit both sides for animal/goblin disposal, have a big arse bridge in the middle, add a burrow on top, assign nobles, add lever, wait for dwarves to evolve wings from constant flights into the mountain side.  Sounds good to me.
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!