Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Why!?  (Read 1660 times)

dude_ftw@live.com

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Why!?
« on: April 03, 2011, 01:55:35 pm »

3 strange moods in 3 months, all of them metal smiths, and all you do is get POSSESSED!? At least get a different mood like secretive! and no, you can not create artifact LEFT EARRING like the other one did.

(The only good that ever came from this was a golden chest worth 75K DB)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 01:59:16 pm by dude_ftw@live.com »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: Why!?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 02:10:42 pm »

It's not like you need 3 legendary metalsmiths. One is more than enough.

Sjotrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 02:31:05 pm »

Just got a possessed weaponsmith myself. xD He made an IRON MACE. and he didn`t even get legendary. -.- so, i have yet to get a legendary weaponsmith. and armorer too.

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 10:30:58 pm »

3 strange moods in 3 months, all of them metal smiths, and all you do is get POSSESSED!? At least get a different mood like secretive! and no, you can not create artifact LEFT EARRING like the other one did.

But what good is something that you cannot sell? It just draws more FBs and goblins.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 10:33:40 pm »

But what good is something that you cannot sell? It just draws more FBs and goblins.
Isn't that the good part?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 10:34:44 pm »

Once I got a weaponsmith in a fey mood, and he made an adamantine spear  :D

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 11:04:20 pm »

the only two weapons Largebusts ever created were a brass spear and some worthless bow dwarves don't use.

the rest has been artsy-fartsy stuff and clothes.  Oh, and a chair.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 12:27:09 am »

I just got myself a lead shield from a fey mood. That poor dwarf having to carry it.

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 05:03:40 am »

Got a lead left boot from a possession: it'd be funny if the dwarf who wears it was rooted to the spot by the weight of it :D

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 06:19:08 am »

I seem remember equipping a squad once with full adamantine plate and adamantine spears, and i vaguely remember them being quite formidable, although not as good as axes or swords would. Isn't artifact adamantine spear a super all-puncturing weapon?

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2011, 06:52:48 am »

I just got myself a lead shield from a fey mood. That poor dwarf having to carry it.
That is GOOD. Shields are like hammers in that they benefit more from heavier materials, so lead and silver shields are the best.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2011, 07:31:11 am »

You'd atom smash him if he made an adamanitum left shoe. I'm longing for the days when we get PAIRS of artifact gloves etc

My last fort, a mooder made a cobaltite bed. It went in the Baron's room. Non-wood beds etc are my favourite because you can't make them yourself. In my current fort a Miner got a mood, made a statue at the Mason's shop and became a Legendary Miner. :) most others are about 'Talented' right now.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 07:33:36 am by Reelyanoob »

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2011, 07:39:01 am »

You'd atom smash him if he made an adamanitum left shoe. I'm longing for the days when we get PAIRS of artifact gloves etc

My last fort, a mooder made a cobaltite bed. It went in the Baron's room. Non-wood beds etc are my favourite because you can't make them yourself. In my current fort a Miner got a mood, made a statue at the Mason's shop and became a Legendary Miner. :) most others are about 'Talented' right now.

I once got incredibly lucky and had two moody armorsmiths produce an adamantine high boot each. They differed in almost everything but the base materials and still you could consider them a "pair"

ullrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2011, 08:34:03 am »

Related to silly artifacts, I have a bone gauntlet, is this actually decent in any way or because its just 1 will a dwarf only wear the single gauntlet (which probably would equate to being very bad)?

I have yet to get a decent weapon out of them: so far a lead short sword, bone mace, and bone axe.
I once got an Iron artifact shield, only useful non-furniture artifact I ever got.
Ullrich cancels Work: Interrupted by Dwarf Fortress
Dwarf Fortress: Engraved is an image of a Human and a video game. The Human is making a plaintive gesture.

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2011, 08:57:31 am »

In my previous fort I got an artifact silver warhammer  8)

Sadly goblins seem to be extinct in that world (annoyingly, because my current fort is still in the same world) and I never got a chance to use it. My current fort likes bone hatch covers, wooden bows, electrum shoes (oh sorry, A shoe), and of course the legendary artifact pig tail fiber sock...
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.