Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A fistful of dorfbucks: AKA Grues crap  (Read 1516 times)

Lurking Grue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A fistful of dorfbucks: AKA Grues crap
« on: April 03, 2011, 11:48:53 am »

Wow I hope you didnt click on this thinking there would be some sort of wild west mod...  8)

Anyways now that I've actually taken the the time to find out how easy it is to add simple extra stuff to this wonderful game I figured I might as well share what I make.

!!FIRST UP!! These are some simple underground plants, I banged these out a just little while ago and I tried to make sure they weren't to OTT and fit in fairly well with the style of Toadys original plants. Theres a couple of dyes a new cloth type and some edible/brewables I'm going to keep adding as inspiration strikes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

!!UP NEXT!!...

Uh actually thats it for now I'll have more up soon honest!

« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 04:57:16 pm by Lurking Grue »

Lurking Grue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A fistful of dorfbucks: AKA Grues crap
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 05:06:10 pm »

Ok I would also appreciate some help with this, I'm making an Orc civ (and yes I am aware there is a ton of good mods with orcs in) the orc creature itself works fine in arena mode but wont spawn as a civ. At first I thought it was the [SAVAGE] tag on the orc but nothing changes if I take it off... so am I missing something on the entity file or something?

Heres the creature...

And heres the entity so far...

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 05:20:32 pm »

I think it might be that you have two default site types, but I have no idea. If it turns out not to be that-- I was never here. Got it?

[DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:FORTRESS]
   [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CITY]
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Lurking Grue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 12:59:18 pm »

I think it might be that you have two default site types, but I have no idea. If it turns out not to be that-- I was never here. Got it?

[DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:FORTRESS]
   [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CITY]

Dohohoho I cannot believe I didnt notice that...

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 01:25:49 pm »

Your Grue doesn't support any biomes.

No [BIOME_SUPPORT] means no spreading.  No spreading means your civ gets killed off without any chance of survival once a megabeast decides to eat the one-and-only city they have.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Lurking Grue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 02:41:05 pm »

Your Grue doesn't support any biomes.

No [BIOME_SUPPORT] means no spreading.  No spreading means your civ gets killed off without any chance of survival once a megabeast decides to eat the one-and-only city they have.

Thank you so much, I added in a load of biome supports and they work just fine now and seem more than capable of holding thier own.