Advanced search  

Author Topic: lag  (Read 471 times)

elpizo

• Bay Watcher
  • DOWN WE GO!
    • View Profile
lag
« on: April 03, 2011, 10:37:24 am »

my game is lagging, it's not low fps, it just stops, then starts again, it's really anoying, anyone know what the issue might be? it was'nt doing that in my last fortress but now it's going crazy with lag

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Re: lag
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 10:40:31 am »

Water un/freezing?
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

elpizo

• Bay Watcher
  • DOWN WE GO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 10:41:08 am »

im in a desrt, theres no water, every tiles are now sand

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 11:05:31 am »

What other programs & processes are running?  It could be a problem with your processor having too much going on at once. Try killing any other programs you have open.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 11:06:49 am »

This "chunky" lag happened to me when I had ghosts on my map.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

elpizo

• Bay Watcher
  • DOWN WE GO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 11:07:58 am »

i have no other programs running and yes, i think i have so me ghosts but they don't show up in the unit list

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 11:10:33 am »

Maybe engraving slabs for everyone on the Engrave Slab list?
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

elpizo

• Bay Watcher
  • DOWN WE GO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 11:14:24 am »

taht would mean at least 30 slabs

jaxad0127

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 12:08:24 pm »

The wiki article says you can memorialize invaders, forgotten beasts, etc. Start with dwarfs that aren't in coffins.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 12:15:32 pm »

You can memorialise forgotten beasts!?

I'm making slabs of all the dead megabeasts with statues of them being killed around them.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 12:29:29 pm »

You can memorialise forgotten beasts!?

I'm making slabs of all the dead megabeasts with statues of them being killed around them.

If you memorialize a forgotten beast, then it's no longer forgotten... does it then become just a beast? :O
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields
Many more made tales in this hall,
before the stronghold found it's fall.
An enemy none could stop or yield,
had taken over Insightshields.