Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Creative Ideas Needed  (Read 1016 times)

timesavatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Creative Ideas Needed
« on: April 03, 2011, 03:52:39 am »

I'm making quite a gargantuan megaproject and I'm going to have some 100z walls. I don't want them to be just bare walls, so I figured I might try to do some murals on them so when viewed with Stonesense it looks cool. I'm not very creative though so if anyone has cool ideas of stuff I could put up, post them please.
Sin is a joke compared to Lavos. Sin just flopped around and blew a couple of towns. Lavos exterminated the entire face of the earth and tore apart the fabric of space and time by simply existing.
DvDangerous@youtube

Briggs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Creative Ideas Needed
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 04:03:10 am »

Giant ale mug. Bonus points if it's constructed of glass and holds magma.

FGK dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 04:07:24 am »

timesavatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 04:10:08 am »

I think I might try both of those, even though they won't be in 3d I think I can still get them to look pretty awesome.
Sin is a joke compared to Lavos. Sin just flopped around and blew a couple of towns. Lavos exterminated the entire face of the earth and tore apart the fabric of space and time by simply existing.
DvDangerous@youtube

synkell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 11:10:55 am »

Epic stuff you got there. Just a question though , how do you plan out your 3d murals anyway?

Gnauga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 11:26:51 am »

Try looking at the tileset for inspiration. How about the dwarven smiley-face? Or an
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
to truly inspire terror.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 11:30:40 am »

I make the dodge/spike field to the entrance of my fort shaped like a "@", which is the icon used for NPC (like caravan) dwarves.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 11:43:22 am »

have platforms projecting out of the wall holding catapults and have the internal of the wall be a pressurised water filled deathtrap -ie breach it and get blown back by rageing water-, so with some skill you can build seal offable seige platforms. the aim of it all?
well when multi z level seige weapons are implamented, then your dorfs will rain rocky death upon foes outside your gates.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 12:51:46 pm »

Try looking at the tileset for inspiration. How about the dwarven smiley-face? Or an
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
to truly inspire terror.
I pissed my pants in dwarven terror when I opened that message. Then I had a heart attack and caused a tantrum spiral.

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 12:56:27 pm »

How did you manage to piss? There shouldn't be any spare liquid, all the booze goes to support the beard.
You'll have to provide warm, moist kittens at the end of each test chamber.
Dwarf Fortress:
Where 9% of your town is casualties, is good.

Sandrew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 01:02:59 pm »

How did you manage to piss? There shouldn't be any spare liquid, all the booze goes to support the beard.

The poor sod probably had to drink water due to a careless overseer (or a lazy brewer).

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 01:05:14 pm »

The bastards! Kill the one at fault and brew his blood! The poor sod shall quaff pure justice!
You'll have to provide warm, moist kittens at the end of each test chamber.
Dwarf Fortress:
Where 9% of your town is casualties, is good.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2011, 01:53:48 pm »

Make portraits of the gate itself on the gate, and on those portraits have more portraits of the gate, add infinitum.

edit: double rainbow works too.

timesavatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 10:02:30 am »

Wow, I forgot to check my post and it gets all these replies, nice. I had actually been looking at the Gate as the one I was going to do, but it would literally have taken all available space to make the way I thought would look best. I'm thinking I might do murals of some of the history of my world, namely of events that involve artifacts my dwarfs have built. Anyway, nothing is set in stone yet since I have still have to dig the pit. Awesome ideas so far though, but consider this to be more of a work of art, invasions are off :P
DvDangerous@youtube

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 10:19:42 am »

The poor sod probably had to drink water due to a careless overseer (or a lazy brewer).
Bastard didn't even build a well  :'(
Pages: [1] 2