Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Alternative to Immigration  (Read 3669 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative to Immigration
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2011, 09:19:20 pm »

The idea I've always had for dealing with immigrants is to implement the Department of Immigration & a hardened Sheriff to "deport" all the illegal immigrants.
I discovered a giant lair on one of my embarks and used him for this purpose.
He complained about the miasma, though...Maybe if I ever get a migrant miner I don't want, I'll make the giant's lair open-air.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2011, 01:51:51 am »

No, the problem is that the game does, in fact, need a lot of balancing. Farming is particularly bad this way.
I'm not disagreeing on the balance issues, just giving the workaround of "farm less". Smaller farms mitigate the stockpiling issue, maybe rebuild farms smaller as the farmers skill up. A general tip from my experience is there's comes a time that a lot of planting is needed to be done and you think "gee I could really use another farmer, i have 60+ haulers, i can spare one.". Don't do this. The answer is - delete a farm and rebuild it smaller, to help avoid the overstockpiling issue. Also, training up the inexperienced farmer will make smaller stacks, but use the same # of barrels, meaning less food per stockpile square.

tsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2011, 11:11:24 am »

I rather like the broad and interlocking methods suggested herein. Bravo, I say.

Very strongly approve.
...Unless your message is "drvn 2 hsptl 4 snak bite" or something, you seriously DO have the time to spell it out.
Pages: 1 2 [3]