Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Demon Slaying  (Read 9895 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: Demon Slaying
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 08:31:48 pm »

It doesn't. Trapavoiders will get impaled like everyone else.
:o
I think we got it!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2011, 08:33:09 pm »

After the initial demon rush, the only "more" are the ones that randomly wander the underworld and attack when they see your dwarves and don't actively look for them. And IIRC they only show up in groups of 3-5.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2011, 08:41:34 pm »

After the initial demon rush, the only "more" are the ones that randomly wander the underworld and attack when they see your dwarves and don't actively look for them. And IIRC they only show up in groups of 3-5.
Yeah... I dug into HFS once. I didn't last a week.

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2011, 08:46:10 pm »

Is there any point to settling hell?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2011, 08:49:47 pm »

I don't think Fortifications would work, since I believe some demons can be made of a material that allows them to get past it.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2011, 08:54:20 pm »

Other than that possibly being one of the greatest accomplishments of all time, no.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2011, 08:56:23 pm »

Bragging rights and being able to toss garbage into the pits so you don't need an atomsmasher to destroy it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2011, 08:56:37 pm »

I don't think Fortifications would work, since I believe some demons can be made of a material that allows them to get past it.
They can shoot stuff like titans, too. So you'll regret carving that fortification when all of your dwarves are killing eachother because they're faces won't stop emitting miasma.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2011, 08:57:10 pm »

Not an artifact door, and it takes a while to smash a steel door down - I clocked a titan smashing one down for a season.
Can a single artifact door, a -Menacing Copper Spike-, and three mechanisms slay an entire demon horde?
Soaplent green is goblins!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2011, 08:57:29 pm »

Bragging rights and being able to toss garbage into the pits so you don't need an atomsmasher to destroy it.
Hell: The Dwarven Trashcan.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2011, 09:00:04 pm »

Not an artifact door, and it takes a while to smash a steel door down - I clocked a titan smashing one down for a season.
Can a single artifact door, a -Menacing Copper Spike-, and three mechanisms slay an entire demon horde?
Considering we have adamantine down by hell, why not build adamantine doors? How long would it last?  :D

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2011, 09:01:08 pm »

I expect someone to call for !!SCIENCE!! on this fairly soon.

I think I'll try and practice some more to get to where I can survive goblins indefinitely before I head off to Hell.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2011, 09:04:44 pm »

I expect someone to call for !!SCIENCE!! on this fairly soon.

I think I'll try and practice some more to get to where I can survive goblins indefinitely before I head off to Hell.
Idea:
Use Hell as a WMD against elves goblins!

Gnauga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2011, 09:33:31 pm »

One person has done that. He even established a farm down there, and grew some plump hellmets.

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2011, 09:35:27 pm »

Considering we have adamantine down by hell, why not build adamantine doors? How long would it last?  :D

I have a spare artifact pig iron door (i know lulz) that I will test with when I get to hell, ironically the pig iron door is the only thing that's banned from export - my mayor loves pig iron of all things.

One person has done that. He even established a farm down there, and grew some plump hellmets.
Hmmm there needs to be some special plant that can only be grown in hell, no matter how useless, then there will be more motivation imo.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9