Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: .25 my adventurer is always drowsy and boogymen fear him  (Read 4105 times)

Irenices

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
.25 my adventurer is always drowsy and boogymen fear him
« on: April 02, 2011, 05:40:01 pm »

So i've been playing this guy for a while now and he's become an unstoppable beast but lately he is constantly drowsy, no matter how much i sleep its always there usually in the yellow, does anyone know why this might be?

Secondly i am no longer attacked by boogymen ever since the first encounter where i killed 3 or 4, im wondering if its a bug or if there just scared of me.

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: .25 my adventurer is always drowsy and boogymen fear him
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 05:55:56 pm »

Travelling with companions is possibly the answer to the cowardly bogeymen
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

The Tyrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Si non confectus, non reficiat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 06:56:53 pm »

I've noticed that sleeping from the traveling screen does not always cure drowsiness. Your best bet is to find somplace safe to sleep (a cleared lair or sombody's house) then sleep from the game screen, not the travel screen.
Stove has created The Consequences of Biting, a legendary MSPaint engraving. It is studded with pixels, encrusted with pixels, and menaces with spikes of pixels and hanging rings of pixels. On the item is an image of SOME SERIOUS SHIT.

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 08:28:09 pm »

I've noticed that if one "pushes" oneself hard on the travel screen (say walking for quite a time while drowsy to get somewhere before sleeping) it can take more than one day of sleep before the drowsiness wears off.  Spending 1-2 extra days sleeping in the same spot usually seemed to fix it. 
Quote from: lolghurt
Quote from: Urist McTaverish
why is Dwarven science always on fire?
Because normal science is boring

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 09:31:54 pm »

I've noticed that if one "pushes" oneself hard on the travel screen (say walking for quite a time while drowsy to get somewhere before sleeping) it can take more than one day of sleep before the drowsiness wears off.  Spending 1-2 extra days sleeping in the same spot usually seemed to fix it.

That's going to be interesting when DF gets even more realistic.

"Hey, random peasant, can I stay for the night?"
"Sure. No need to leave people out in the cold."
"Hey, can I actually stay for three days and three nights?"
"Uh..."
"While I'm here, can I use all your stuff?"

And that's why you see a bunch of random idiots in one building at a time, all doing nothing.