Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is it possible to mod the game so I can purposely harm my dwarves with sugery?  (Read 2137 times)

dmurray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I'm becoming too dwarf-like. I don't want it to be just "make this, reaction happens". I want to be able to choose the dwarf to go to a room and have the injury happen. Would there be a way to say... increase the tempreture in one given room, via a switch and have the stone-syndrome activate that way (but have it done by a lever)? I don't mind how complicated it would be but my goal is to be able to "make a dwarf go to point X, at the point, he will remain there, while a second dwarf activates a lever and then the first dwarf will be injured". Kind of like a prision, the injured dwarf will have a nice life but will be a test subject, till it dies and another takes its place.  :D

AdeleneDawner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can set the workshop to only allow certain dwarves to use it. You can even make a custom workshop to look like a lever, if you want.

If you really want to do things the hard way, though, you could set up a lever to cause magma to flow under a room (flow is important; still magma doesn't heat the room above it), and set the stone to evaporate at some temperature that's above room temperature but below room-with-magma-flow-underneath temperature.

I don't know if anyone's ‼scienced‼ the temperature of a room with magma flowing under it, though. (It's known that flow makes a difference because flowing magma will melt ice and snow but still magma won't.)
Dying (ceasing to be alive) is also not a Moodable skill. Even totally unskilled Dwarves seem to do it correctly.

dmurray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can set the workshop to only allow certain dwarves to use it. You can even make a custom workshop to look like a lever, if you want.

If you really want to do things the hard way, though, you could set up a lever to cause magma to flow under a room (flow is important; still magma doesn't heat the room above it), and set the stone to evaporate at some temperature that's above room temperature but below room-with-magma-flow-underneath temperature.

I don't know if anyone's ‼scienced‼ the temperature of a room with magma flowing under it, though. (It's known that flow makes a difference because flowing magma will melt ice and snow but still magma won't.)

I was thinking magma might work to heat up from below. I suppose the easiest way would be to use a magma-proof floodgate and then use the liquid utility to create magma (at least I can make a magma flowing pipe to the room below) beneath the prison room and then just flick the switch to heat up the rock?

Hmm... an idea occurs. We know dwarves get hungry so would it be possible to make it so we have the following:

SsSS
SSFDf

S would be a "safe tile", the "s" would be stairs down to this level, a F is food* and "f" is a floodgate.
The idea is that we use the floodgate to control the limit. So, using that method above (they need to go past the syndrome-dangerous tile), could it be possible to make it so "you cross this floor tile, you get a disease"? I don't have a problem killing a dwarf or two to set up my rooms. Given that the dwarf in the prison will get hungry (I plan to use a drawbridge or a door + minning and cancelling it (as in tell him to mine the bottom floor, then when he's on that floor, lock the gate and cancel the minning operation), he will want to eat the food in the safe zone, but to do that he will trigger the danger tile and be hit with a diesase?

AdeleneDawner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Someone who's played with free-floating poison gas will have to take this one. I know the basics about how it works, but haven't played with anything that complicated.

Or you could just try it and see what happens.
Dying (ceasing to be alive) is also not a Moodable skill. Even totally unskilled Dwarves seem to do it correctly.

dmurray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Someone who's played with free-floating poison gas will have to take this one. I know the basics about how it works, but haven't played with anything that complicated.

Or you could just try it and see what happens.

Heh, I've been playing this game about a week and am still learning the ins and outs.

But an even nicer idea occurs! :D
Could we have food that does the same damage? I mean, think about it! "oh, you're hungry, trapped and dying? Then go here, eat the food and see how it affects you!".
Do you think that is possible? Since I can't taear the dwarves apart limb by limb. :P

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile

Nope, not supported right now. Toady has expressed an interest in ingestible syndromes, so it'll probably be in at some point.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

dmurray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope, not supported right now. Toady has expressed an interest in ingestible syndromes, so it'll probably be in at some point.

So there's no way to harm a certain body part in fortres mode?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

You can use spike traps. That's pretty much it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

dmurray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aw, that sucks. If anyone else knows of anything, can you let me know?

Also, thanks for the replies.

MightyJAK

• Bay Watcher
  • MightyJAK makes his own gravy.
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress DONE countdown

If you ever get something like this working, may I suggest a name:

"Mengele Mod"

:P
Quote from: Toady One
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
Quote from: Demon
But when will the game be done!?
Eight years.
So Dwarf Fortress will be done on Friday, September 14, 2012.

dmurray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you ever get something like this working, may I suggest a name:

"Mengele Mod"

:P

Bit much isn't it! I prefer "The Exploration Of A Dwarven Body While Slowly Removing Organs and Limbs".

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile

Ooh, that's a bit much, doncha think?

I mean the elves piss me off, too... but for the love of Armok, this shit really IS "Unthinkable".
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

dmurray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ooh, that's a bit much, doncha think?

I mean the elves piss me off, too... but for the love of Armok, this shit really IS "Unthinkable".

We've done it with humans, I feel now, we need to explore it with dwarves, for science!
Pages: 1 [2]