Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Worldgen -> Africa  (Read 4140 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Worldgen -> Africa
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2011, 03:19:47 pm »

Theres no Sahara... Or Outback.  Maybe I don't see coastlines so much as biomes when looking at maps.
Well the Sahara shouldn't be there, because Toady has not yet implemented environmentally destructive farming techniques. Nobody can slash and burn the jungle away yet.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2011, 03:51:38 pm »

He hasn't fully implemented them.  Unless it's been changed recently, humans will cut down local forests during worldgen.

I would love to see desertification, though.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2011, 04:51:41 pm »

Oh hell yes.  First the humies would cut down the forests, getting the elves in an uproar.  Then they'd kill off the elves.  Then they'd continue cutting down the trees only to discover that *gasp* the elves were right, all this time! And die a slow death from starvation as their cities are buried under the sands, forgotten and broken.

And so shall Armok's children enter the Age of Dying
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2011, 04:58:06 pm »

Oh hell yes.  First the humies would cut down the forests, getting the elves in an uproar.  Then they'd kill off the elves.  Then they'd continue cutting down the trees only to discover that *gasp* the elves were right, all this time! And die a slow death from starvation as their cities are buried under the sands, forgotten and broken.

Armok's children would be underground feasting on plump helmet roast, deaf to the dying screams of the wasteland wanderers above.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2011, 05:26:29 pm »

Exactly, my friend... Dwarves enter this age, elves and humans die.

As it should be.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2011, 08:18:25 pm »

This doesn't look very much like Africa at all to me. It's completely the wrong shape.
Nah, it's fine. Get rid of the straits of Gibraltar, the red sea, most of southern Africa, Madagascar, and Eurasia past the Iberian Peninsula and the Middle East, and...well, you need to add a little subcontinent attached to the northernmost part of the removed part of Africa...but it kinda looks like Africa!
And on accident, too!

Armok's children would be underground feasting on plump helmet roast, deaf to the dying screams of the wasteland wanderers above.
...Creepy...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2011, 01:30:16 pm »

I first was like "Hey Australia!" But then I looked closer and it looked more like Africa. :P
Also damn nil, how did whoever gen that? Edit: Never mind.

Mind sharing where it is?
If you're asking about the map I posted, it was made via PerfectWorld; the image is a link to the post of the guy who made it.

Thanks.
Pages: 1 [2]