Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure mode help please  (Read 826 times)

Coco146

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventure mode help please
« on: April 02, 2011, 07:54:19 am »

Hi folks.
Well you see i was playing adventure mode, as you do, when this rather rude orc cuts of my hand! well any way it was my weapon hand so after that I was forced to pummel him to death with my shield.  But now my problem is that I'm weaponless so i have to ask is there a way (without cheating) to get my hand back.  Or if its not possible how do i change it so that i can use one of my other weapons in my other hand.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure mode help please
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 07:58:47 am »

You 'd'rop your shield, drop your sword and pick up your sword or drop your shield and 'r'emove your sword.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Coco146

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 08:00:20 am »

Ta very much.
I never have very much luck with Adventure this is actually my most successful character

doesn't matter much now i got killed by bogeymen which i think are over powered
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 08:12:19 am by Coco146 »

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 08:21:30 am »

Ta very much.
I never have very much luck with Adventure this is actually my most successful character

doesn't matter much now i got killed by bogeymen which i think are over powered
If you create an advanced world, you can set night creatures to 0, which makes bogiemen non-existant. I do that almost every time.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

PCpaste

• Bay Watcher
  • This is how smithing works. (For dwarves at least)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 09:09:25 am »

You can have an infinate number of things in one hand. Just [p]ut them in your backpack, then [r]emove your sword from the backpack, then remove the sheild. Now you've got the awesome blocking power of a sheild and the dismembering power of a sword... In one hand!
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where an Artificial Intelligence-controlled unit can pull the pants off someone and the proceed to beat said someone to death with said pants.

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 10:04:59 am »

So, you got your hand severed... so what? You can wield it to bash enemy skulls in!
My favorite adventure ever was a dorf that got his feet chopped off by his first quest boss (an axeman) and miraculously managed to kill him (well-aimed mudstone pebble to the forehead, BAM!) and survive: he spent many happy adventures crawling around, dual-wielding his own feet and caving enemy skulls in!
And bogeymen are tough but not impossible, you "just" need to fight them in your own terms, not theirs...

Dwarfoloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 02:31:15 pm »

Bogeymen are pretty easy if you force charge attacks from combat settings.

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 03:23:58 pm »

Bogeymen are pretty easy if you force charge attacks from combat settings.
Hmmm I hadn't thought of that, I normally fight them in constant retreat, throwing deadly crap and chopping appendages off until they stop following, then I bite them to death...

The Tyrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Si non confectus, non reficiat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 06:39:07 pm »

I've never had any problems with bogies. Chop off a foot and it's all gravy.

It should go without saying that you should only attampt to attack them one at a time, but the same goes for pretty much everything.
Stove has created The Consequences of Biting, a legendary MSPaint engraving. It is studded with pixels, encrusted with pixels, and menaces with spikes of pixels and hanging rings of pixels. On the item is an image of SOME SERIOUS SHIT.