Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: Rockfalls the Depths of Volcanoes ~ The story of 20 dwarves in a pressure cooker  (Read 69613 times)

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile

Journal of Catalyst the migrant, 14 Granite 204

Rith Woundvirgin has, unsurprisingly, gone mental.

Somehow, she has been completely ignored since being struck in the lower back by a raging dwarf. She has lain there unattended for months, on a pile of rotting mushrooms which provided her with the barest sustenance. Even a half-starved rabbit would not touch such muck. I observed fungi growing on the fungi.

There are now nine of us, of whom a third are children and a third bedridden. Savi has not woken once since that terrible skirmish.

Rith has wandered off into the desert to die.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Carved Words of Squadron Leader, 17 Granite 204

Today I gave birth to a boy. Kisame, Lord of Steel, has sired a mighty child. We have named the dwarfling Vorthon; he shall be a mighty warrior. So I proclaim it, so it will be.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

203-204 Census (Rockfalls)

Spoiler:  Fortress plans (click to show/hide)
Goden's comments: A most satisfactory year all round. We are living easygoing lives in tasteful surrounds. The outside pressures of trade and war are nonexistent, letting us pursue our own leisures and interests. Stocks of food are high enough to bring concerns of spoilage; numerous saplings grow in our tree farm; we have too many birds to count.

203-204 Census (The Refugee Camp)

Spoiler:  Fortress plans (click to show/hide)
Catalyst's comments: The blood and sand mix into an everpresent cement-like slurry. The nine of us live – if you can call it living – in cramped conditions, lulled to sleep each night by the groans of the wounded and dying. Every spare minute we are not building defences is spent desperately putting chisel to rock, hoping to make enough to barter to the uncaring human traders for weapons or precious booze. We scavenge scuttled elf caravans for animals and slaughter them with sharp rocks.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile

So... um... Yeah.

I have something to tell you all.

I came here following a prophecy.  A prophecy of a savior.  Of an immaculate birth.

I await the coming of the Lamb.

Catalyst cancels Basic Decency: Pun too terrible.

I can't believe Catalyst is still alive.

Edit: So, presumably Stukos is impregnating not only his old wife, but also... the livestock?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 02:08:51 am by CatalystParadox »
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Catalyst cancels Basic Decency: Pun too terrible.
*groan*

Those traps are actually pretty decent now, so the main risk is from the other refugees, rather than outside threats.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just like in most zombie stories! You know, where to the main characters the zombies are just an ever-present background to the danger posed by other survivors... >:D

Nice to see some screenshots of the place! Interesting design, even if I'm not exactly sure what all of it is. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Thatdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah! I will survive!

But all those coffins on that mid-level are full aren't they :o

But let's not dwell on that! How are you planning to expand the refugee fort? Are you going to concentrate on building better living conditions or are you just going to let them rot? Either way sounds fun :D

acehawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm loving this lol, and yay, I didn't get killed off by a psycho :p

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile

Edit: So, presumably Stukos is impregnating not only his old wife, but also... the livestock?
D:
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile

hope he expands and improves the refugee fortress. its the only way well eventualy drain the lava lake and recover the pressure cooker dwarfs.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile

So... I'm finally dorfed...

What are my stats?

And I LOLed at 'mighty warrior'. Try 'weak-as-f**k nerdgeek'. :P

Thatdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So... I'm finally dorfed...

What are my stats?

And I LOLed at 'mighty warrior'. Try 'weak-as-f**k nerdgeek'. :P

Isn't that true for all of us  ;D

And I will not let this fort slip into the nether regions of the second page of community stories! Never!

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile

hope he expands and improves the refugee fortress. its the only way well eventualy drain the lava lake and recover the pressure cooker dwarfs.

No, I reckon that the pressure cooker dwarves will come up with an amazing way to get themselves out!  Muahahahaha!
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Get... Out?! Out into the cold, harsh world? Out to fight and endless, apocalyptic wall against goblins?! Out to deal with the unwanted pressures of civilization? MADNESS! :o
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile

correction: the refugee fort has been built to deal with that shit.

when its been managed propperly does the dwarfs get brought out.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17