Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Accidental Success  (Read 1361 times)

dude_ftw@live.com

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Accidental Success
« on: April 02, 2011, 01:18:09 am »

Post your story of accidental gains Here is mine.

It was autumn and I was COMPLETELY out of Food and barely any alcohol when the caravan came, I traded, and being the noob I'm I though I had to dis-assemble the Trade Depot to complete the trade. EVERYTHING spill on the ground, and my 16 dwarfs started eating EVERYTHING and collecting it. Best thing ever. Me:1 Caravan:0. =)

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Accidental Success
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 01:21:13 am »

Post your story of accidental gains Here is mine.

It was autumn and I was COMPLETELY out of Food and barely any alcohol when the caravan came, I traded, and being the noob I'm I though I had to dis-assemble the Trade Depot to complete the trade. EVERYTHING spill on the ground, and my 16 dwarfs started eating EVERYTHING and collecting it. Best thing ever. Me:1 Caravan:0. =)
Well now you know what do next spring

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 01:39:57 am »

bonus points if the depot is made of wood for that spring visit? :D
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

randyshipp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 01:41:22 am »

I'll be interested to hear how next year's caravan reacts to the news.
Randy...

dude_ftw@live.com

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 01:45:52 am »

There are NO negative side affect to this as stated here: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Trade

Shogger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 01:48:22 am »

Once, I had a salt titan outside of my fort. Hearing stories of nigh-unkillable megabeasts made of inorganic materials, I panicked. I tried setting up a cave in/cage trap to capture it, but it got to one of my miners after the trap failed. The miner, however, was able to take off one of its arms with his crappy pick, so I ended up just killing it with my military. The failed trap showed me how weak it really was when confronted with dwarven weapons.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 01:53:58 am »

Once, I had a salt titan outside of my fort. Hearing stories of nigh-unkillable megabeasts made of inorganic materials, I panicked. I tried setting up a cave in/cage trap to capture it, but it got to one of my miners after the trap failed. The miner, however, was able to take off one of its arms with his crappy pick, so I ended up just killing it with my military. The failed trap showed me how weak it really was when confronted with dwarven weapons.
A salt titan?  :o  You should have just had your stray cattle/horses/yaks/deer lick it to death. :D
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

dude_ftw@live.com

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 03:32:45 am »

Shameless bump

dude_ftw@live.com

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 11:53:27 am »

SAhameless bump.

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 01:10:49 pm »

Shameless bump-ignoring
You'll have to provide warm, moist kittens at the end of each test chamber.
Dwarf Fortress:
Where 9% of your town is casualties, is good.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 02:45:22 pm »

There are NO negative side affect to this as stated here: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Trade
Not exactly. The merchants are aware that they took a huge loss, even if they don't quite understand why, so they won't bring as much the next year.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,