Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: New City planning, what are you excited for?  (Read 17762 times)

ExdeathV

• Bay Watcher
  • God damn boogeymen. Can't you just let me sleep.
    • View Profile
Re: New City planning, what are you excited for?
« Reply #120 on: April 21, 2011, 07:33:31 pm »

bonus points to the first person who slaughters the largest size city by chopping off the arms, legs, and heads of each citizen, piling them in the center of the castle, and doing the same for the soldiers and noble, except gouging the eyes out of the noble, chopping off each of its fingers and toes, then its hands and feet, then arms and legs, then nose, then ears, then head. THEN pile all of that on top of the other pile. BONUS Bonus points for hunting down and killing all the farm animals, and burning their corpses in a ring around the severed body parts of the inhabitants.
I've been doing that already. Just for hilarity I keep their teeth in bags and chests in the fort I reside in.

Xelanthol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2011, 12:41:12 am »

@ Above, you guys are messed up lmao.

Catacombs in the latest blurb! I really need to learn how to not get molested by bogeyman the first night in adventure mode.

Finally done my goddamn finals. Eff you chemistry and physics, hello massive amounts of !fun! and pumpstacks. Alllllriighht.  8) I missed this forum.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #122 on: April 30, 2011, 04:01:34 am »

Just gonna leave this here...
Quote from: Toady One
Aside from some general busy-ness, I managed to bump my head up against the wall a bit trying to get the dungeons and catacombs and sewers and underground layers and topography and rivers and buildings to all play nice together, but I think I've got it working now. I need to mess with the dungeon layout a little more and then that'll finally be done. World gen tracks crops of the dead now, numerically and by cause for each site, so if all the starved dead from the last hundred years in a city happen to be raised, it can only happen once, and the catacombs should reflect their populations correctly.

trying to get the dungeons and catacombs and sewers and underground layers

FUCKING DUNGEONS
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

boswell25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 30, 2011, 06:12:25 am »

Poisoning water supplies with Forgotten Beast blood, littering the streets with corpses and burning rubble, and steeling shoes.

mrchace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 30, 2011, 08:22:18 pm »

I don't know if its just me, but in the current version I just find it extremely difficult (especially at night) to find houses in the smaller towns/hamlets. Im hoping this new city design is going to help my adventures lifespans by allowing me to find somewhere to sleep.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 01, 2011, 08:50:45 am »

With some of the other new stuff, I'm looking forward to the new night creatures. There are three possibilities I see with them in regard to Adventurers:
1) No infections from them. Infecting is a world-gen only thing.
2) If you do get infected by a lycan/vampire, you get a message saying you've lost your marbles and become another monster in the sewers for the next adventurer to fight.
3) What I'm hoping for. If you are bitten and it breaks the skin, you become a night creature but continue to play. Things like uncontrollable change into a wolf at night, drinking blood instead of eating, and other things would be bestowed upon your character. I doubt it will be quite like this, but here's to hope.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2011, 09:20:13 am »

Just look at those new catacomb/sever complexes! Just look at them!

parlor_tricks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://noyb
« Reply #127 on: May 01, 2011, 09:52:26 am »

They're nuts! Look at them! The most awesome complexes ever! Give us a better interface and we don't need more!

mrchace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 01, 2011, 10:57:54 am »

Yeah thats the biggest thing. I wish theyd just take a break this next update and give us a user friendly interface which would remove alot of the tedius sucky things you have to do just to complete a common and simple task.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 01, 2011, 11:05:19 am »

Yeah thats the biggest thing. I wish theyd just take a break this next update and give us a user friendly interface which would remove alot of the tedius sucky things you have to do just to complete a common and simple task.

The interface isn't that user-unfriendly. You just need to get used to it. (Remapping the controls can help if you use a laptop.)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 01, 2011, 11:14:49 pm »

The interface isn't that user-unfriendly. You just need to get used to it. (Remapping the controls can help if you use a laptop.)
The interface is user-friendly, but highly counter-intuitive. It's nigh-impenetrable at first, and my first few fortresses went down just because I didn't know how to mine.

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 01, 2011, 11:26:14 pm »

Well, contribute to the docs then. This part could use some work: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Menu

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #132 on: May 02, 2011, 12:48:41 am »

If you are bitten and it breaks the skin, you become a night creature but continue to play.
Hell yeah! Now I can run around as a werewolf ripping out people's throats with my teeth and throwing corpses...

Wait, adventurers already do that. :-\
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

parlor_tricks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://noyb
« Reply #133 on: May 02, 2011, 01:38:50 am »

To clarify - I know the commands to mine out a shaft, dig a room and and build my workshops on a reflexive level. If I tried to say the shortcuts out loud, I wouldn't be able to.

I am talking about a GUI from an old nintendo Japanese rpg type game.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 02, 2011, 07:28:34 pm »

It took me a long time to learn the interface, but it certainly isn't user-unfriendly once you learn it. Except perhaps for burrows... I wish I could just assign each dwarf to a burrow but have it inactive, and then when crisis strikes, rather than having to scroll through adding EVERY SINGLE DWARF to it and then removing them again later, I could just activate the burrow. :)

On topic, wow. Just wow. Those screenshots are great... I'm looking foward to stepping over the gnawed bones of past adventurers on Urist McQuestgiver's cellar stairs. :D
Also, it'd be cool to get quests from a captain of the guard or such, begging you to go see what's making the horrible noises in the well.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10