Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: The Koran Trial  (Read 10175 times)

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
Re: The Koran Trial
« Reply #135 on: April 06, 2011, 01:54:38 pm »

Do you really think he was stupid enough to believe that a violent response, up to and including murder of Christians, wouldn't take place in Afghanistan?
Well he may be, but that's pretty damn stupid. And he was warned, wasn't he? So I'd say yes, he was, or should have been, aware that these murders could take place.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 01:56:30 pm by Phmcw »
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 06, 2011, 01:59:54 pm »

He was warned, but it is very easy for anyone to dismiss the repercussions of ones actions when they do not effect one. I know, at some level, he most likely knew what would happen, I am just saying he most likely suppressed that to a unconscious level.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 06, 2011, 02:04:22 pm »

He was warned, but it is very easy for anyone to dismiss the repercussions of ones actions when they do not effect one. I know, at some level, he most likely knew what would happen, I am just saying he most likely suppressed that to a unconscious level.
Dude, the reason of the burning was that Islam was supposed to be a violent, sinfull religion.
And he committed one of the worst sin in  that books, in the name of America and Christianity.
He knew perfectly well what he was doing, and isn't showing an ounce of remorse. He knew that it would be trouble, and probably tried to offend Islam as a whole.
There are people that want the "war of civilisation", and he is probably one of them.

Or he's just very, very, very stupid.

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 06, 2011, 02:05:21 pm »

Tell me. Would you burn a Koran if you were not very, very, very stupid?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 06, 2011, 02:08:39 pm »

Tell me. Would you burn a Koran if you were not very, very, very stupid?

If you were very, very stupid and very, very drunk, you might.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 06, 2011, 02:10:10 pm »

I think we can all assume he was drinking. Drinking the broth of idiotic righteousness at least.

Edit: It can be a heady brew.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 06, 2011, 02:12:20 pm »

If I were out of papers I might use a page from Koran for rolling. For some reason religious texts tend to have this nice, thin paper :-[
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 06, 2011, 02:14:45 pm »

I think we should avoid this line of thought to avoid finding out why Criptfeind has the bible as bathroom reading material.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 06, 2011, 04:11:36 pm »

Okay. Point blank question here. Did you really think his intention of this was for murder to happen a way away?  Do you really think he thought ‘OH YEAH! THIS IS GOING TO GET SOME PEOPLE KILLED!!’ Because he never freaking said that.

I believe his intent was to get some sort of reaction that he could use as a reason to condemn Muslims as a whole.

As in: Burn the Qur'an --> Muslims go "OMGWTFBBQ?" --> Use reaction to burning as justification for belief that Islam is inferior culture of hate, etc., etc.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 06, 2011, 04:25:39 pm »

Why are people saying he would not be prosecuted? He can be accused of Hate Crime at least.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 06, 2011, 04:28:05 pm »

Not really.

I mean, yeah, you can accuse him of that, but I could accuse you of murder.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 06, 2011, 04:29:24 pm »

Anyone can say that criticism of them counts as "hate", so Hate Crime laws are inherently flawed in the extreme. That aside, people are entitled to their opinions, even if they are hateful ones. Hate Crime laws are just another way to try and inforce a State Sponsored "Truth" upon the world of opinions.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 06, 2011, 04:43:44 pm »

Anyone can say that criticism of them counts as "hate", so Hate Crime laws are inherently flawed in the extreme. That aside, people are entitled to their opinions, even if they are hateful ones. Hate Crime laws are just another way to try and inforce a State Sponsored "Truth" upon the world of opinions.
Matter of opinion. I'd rather not have nazi trash-talk in the streets, so I'm ok with forbidding hate-speech, just as most of my fellow Belgian citizens obviously. It's forbidden to call for hatred of a religion, race, sexual orientation or gender in most of mainland Europe.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 06, 2011, 06:01:11 pm »

Not really.

Well you probably don't know him personally so he could be a murderer. I highly suspect him, at least.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 06, 2011, 06:12:42 pm »

Not really.

Well you probably don't know him personally so he could be a murderer. I highly suspect him, at least.

Let it be know that I am not, in fact, a murderer. Though I usually take the guise of the violent Space Marine, I am actually quite peaceful. Anyway, accuse may not have been the best choice of words. "Convict" may have been better.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11