Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: retractable bridge question  (Read 6001 times)

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
retractable bridge question
« on: April 01, 2011, 06:43:23 pm »

do retractable bridges have some kinda weight limit on them, cause im trying to pull the lever to drop some  invaders off and the bridge wont retract, and the job listed on the lever disappears. however the bridge functions normally when there is nothing standing on top of it

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: retractable bridge question
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 06:46:38 pm »

The only weight limit that bridges have is that they don't work when megabeasts are on them. I don't know what the problem might be.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 06:54:38 pm »

I have heard that it is a weight limit and trying to do that with multiple invaders on the bridge doesn't work. The wiki mentions it. I can't speak from personal experience.
Memento Mori

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 07:45:11 pm »

There's a weight limit, but it's not a cumulative weight limit.  If any one creature over a certain size is on a retracting bridge, it won't retract.  I am not sure what the size limit is.  Goblins shouldn't stop it from retracting, but if any of the goblins are riding large creatures they might.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.