Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2 Questions I Suddenly Realised  (Read 650 times)

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
2 Questions I Suddenly Realised
« on: April 01, 2011, 01:00:39 pm »

1. Does a wall contribute to the value of the room. (And constructed walls? Windows?)

2. If so, does it diagonally? And will dwarves view things diagonally?

So... one room is...

Code: [Select]
--w--
|   |
|-d-|

And another is

w----
|   |
|-d-|

Will the windows count as part of the room/be visible etc. in both?
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Alluvian_Est-Endrati

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENGRAVERY:MISGUIDED]
    • View Profile
Re: 2 Questions I Suddenly Realised
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 01:14:21 pm »

Room quality is determined by the total value of the room's floor, adjacent walls, furniture, etc.
"I’m going to keep bloody gambling! Bloody, bloody gambling and drinking! Where’s my bloody drink? Anyone want to gamble for it?”

Send in the Clowns: &.&

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 01:20:48 pm »

Including diagonals?
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 01:35:39 pm »

I think including everything covered by the flashing X's when you define the room.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 01:49:47 pm »

Diagonals do seem to be include... that's nice. My next design is a sort of aperture shape, some of the rooms have a flat wall and some have diagonal ones...

So some look like

-w-w-
And some

-
   -w
 -w
-