Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Awesomeness of 31.25...  (Read 2049 times)

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Awesomeness of 31.25...
« on: April 01, 2011, 06:17:11 am »

My swordmaster, Bin, crippled in the first elven assault, where he managed to kill 4 elves, has been confined to a hospital bed for the last 4 years...

But now, thanks to the amazing properties of version 25, he is not only up and walking, with the aid of a crutch, but is planting seeds, and LEADING A SPARRING DEMONSTRATION!

I only just learnt how to turn on sparring and training, after almost two years of only individual training sessions. And now the lame can walk, and spar, too. And it's awesome.

It's like a new game, with less annoying bits.

Yay Toady!

Because DF players are heavily into pain.

Gorm

• Bay Watcher
  • not related to Gorm of Denmark
    • View Profile
Re: The Awesomeness of 31.25...
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 11:14:27 am »

Jesus made the lame walk, but only Toady can make them spar.

no offense to christians or non-christians or anyone who might feel easily offended
As dwarves slowly lose their stats over time it's natural for them to get fatter as they age because there's no activities to train healing rate.
so dwarves that die of old age in DF dont get shriveled and weak, but huge round masses of meat and fat that explode spectacularly upon their final birthday?

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 05:29:16 pm »

Jesus made the lame walk, but only Toady can make them spar.

no offense to christians or non-christians or anyone who might feel easily offended

That sounds like a movie tagline.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 05:57:32 pm »

no offense to...anyone who might feel easily offended

I don't think you should worry about people who are easily offended. They will take care of themselves.
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

Roflcopter5000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 05:52:40 am »

The three posts above this one, read sequentially, are awesome for so many reasons.

Also, I really just have to spend some time gushing about how much I love these forums.... Ok, done. No, really though. You guys are great.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 06:34:30 am »

I love this.  It totally makes sense that that Dwarf would be the one leading demonstrations.  Actually I had a Kung Fu Sifu once that had a bum knee.  Couldn't walk more than a few miles a day unaided, but OH GOD don't get him pissed off!
I like fortresses because they are still underground.