Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: feeding herbivores  (Read 580 times)

stormyseasons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
feeding herbivores
« on: April 01, 2011, 03:25:42 am »

I just started an embark in a haunted forest. Will my herbivorous animals eat the dead grass, or will they need to subsist on the sparse living grass in the area?
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper GOLD - 475+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Lav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: feeding herbivores
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 06:19:48 am »

They are fine with evil grass.

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Grass
Seems to be the way with things on this forum; if an invention doesn't involve death by magma then you know someone's going to go out of their way to make sure it does involve death by magma... then it gets acknowledged as being a great invention.

stormyseasons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: feeding herbivores
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 09:10:08 am »

Regrettably, I have neither worm tendrils nor staring eyeballs on my embark.. perhaps it is not terrifying enough, being merely haunted. All the grazing animals starved before I accessed the caverns and had moss and fungus to feed them. Apparently dead grass was not to their appetite.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper GOLD - 475+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.