Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unable to Place Pen/Pasture Activity Zone  (Read 561 times)

zariduomega

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Unable to Place Pen/Pasture Activity Zone
« on: April 01, 2011, 01:27:59 am »

I have tried in vain to set an activity zone as a pen/pasture, but the pen/pasture option does not have an associated hotkey (it helpfully displays "?" where the hotkey should be listed) and consequently I am unable to designate the activity zone as a pen/pasture. I have tried placing the activity zone on above-ground grass, below-ground moss, and in both of the climates on my map with no success. I tried pressing "n" too just to see if it was a graphical glitch, but it had no effect.

Is this is a bug, or an I doing something incorrectly?

Not sure if it matters, but I'm playing on a reclaimed fortress.

DF version: 31.21

bombcar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to Place Pen/Pasture Activity Zone
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 01:29:31 am »

Perhaps the keybinding for the pasture got changed? Can you download again and try a new world? Or check keybindings?

Lytha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 02:48:11 am »

You copied your keybindings file from the pre-pen/pottery/shearing/beekeeping game version over to your new installation. You have to either grab the file from the new archive, or compare the new file with your existing one, if you want to keep any changes you made in there, and then add any new lines.

Happened to me as well when I upgraded from .13 to .21.
Lytha likes fire clay, rose gold, green glass, bags, the colour midnight blue, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, she prefers to consume tea and cow cheese.

zariduomega

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 03:34:42 am »

You copied your keybindings file from the pre-pen/pottery/shearing/beekeeping game version over to your new installation. You have to either grab the file from the new archive, or compare the new file with your existing one, if you want to keep any changes you made in there, and then add any new lines.

Happened to me as well when I upgraded from .13 to .21.

Ah, thank you! That was indeed the issue - replacing the interface.txt file with the default one from the install package fixed it. Now my poor horses won't starve (nor will my dwarves, for that matter!)