Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ghost not on the Engrave List  (Read 564 times)

xordae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ghost not on the Engrave List
« on: March 31, 2011, 03:38:47 pm »

I realize this is a bug. So how do I get rid of him? It's a marksdwarf from a caravan, and I'm fairly sure he died when crossing a bridge. Just as he was standing on the base of the bridge (where it raises up to), the lever was pulled. So there is no corpse, and the engrave list doesn't show him. Can I hack him out of existance?

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost not on the Engrave List
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 07:25:11 pm »

Turn the site of his death into a =haunted site=, and tell the elves the spirits of their ancestors want to speak with them, making sure to note that the spirits enjoy a good game of insulting various dwarven families.

Other than that, no clue.
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 10:22:46 pm »

Known issue that you can't engrave slabs for merchants. If he got atom smashed, then all you can do is pray he is not a hostile ghost.

xordae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 12:22:24 am »

Nah, he just wanders around and scares people. Guess I can add him to our eternal inventory then.

Will_Tuna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 06:30:14 am »

I had yo put a dwarf to rest, and the engrave menu didn't show its 'nickname', so i searched for his old lastname, and made a slab for a dwarf with the same lastname, turned out it was him, and that rested him.
True story: In the year 2007: Surinder Singh Bajwa, the Deputy Mayor of Delhi, India, was warding off several Rhesus Macaque monkeys at his home and fell from a first-floor balcony, suffering serious head injuries. He later died from his injuries.