Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: You are on the Starship Olympic.  (Read 5937 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are in a broken house.
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2011, 12:49:14 pm »

Attempt to get a computer and an earlythe final version of DF. Play away.

Corrected.

What is this Blashemy Dwarf Fortress has no FINAL VERSION IT IS IMMORTAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL HAIL THE TOADY ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2011, 01:05:46 pm »

Wonder about the new worldgen settings, especially if we were able to start a fort straight off.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2011, 01:06:37 pm »

Scream out "SAUSAGE EGGS!" and punch walls.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2011, 01:33:51 pm »

You begin to think about how odd it was that DF 1.5.23 didn't need to worldgen, when suddenly you are struck with the bizarre urge to scream "SAUSAGE EGGS!" and punch the walls. You do so, screaming "SAUSAGE EGGS!" while punching the wa-- Oops, you just punched the air where your wall ought to have been, and have overbalanced. Luckily, the robot swiftly steadies you and sets you on your feet.

"Please be careful, Sir, Madam or Thing. kindly do not attempt to break your limbs. It would be not be good for for StarLight Lines' reputation. If you are hungry, as your riotous exclamation seemed to indicate, I can assure you that food and drink will be provided, once you are checked in. Please follow me, and we'll be off, straight away."

Well, do we folllow?
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2011, 01:43:03 pm »

Yeah, we'll follow.

Ponder on the current universe's status on the Sliding scale of sensicality vs silliness.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2011, 01:57:57 pm »

You ascend the stairs into the small lift on the side of this colossal thing, this silver-plated megalith, this glorious artifact, and the door closes behind you. The lift seems rather drab compared to the rest of this wondrous thing.

"Terribly sorry about having to use the service elevator, Sir, Madam or Thing," The robot remarks. "It's our maiden voyage, you see, and the ship has.. well, it's lost it's mind, and so has most of it's crew. Including me, he, he. Though, i do have my lucid moments. I only wish i knew that this was one of them." He pauses, and waves his fingers in the air near the lift controls. "Oh look, things are going from bad to worse! I can't even find the buttons, now. Can you help me? Top button. Terribly sorry, it's my cell point settings, you see. I don't suppose you do see, but it is my cell point settings, anyway."

You press the button, and the service elevator begins to glide up, and up, and up. As you ascend, the robot continues to jabber about why they're bringing you on board, and such like that. You, however, ignore all of his unimportant chatter, and instead consider how silly this world is. You figure that would have to place it near the silly end of the scale, with the collected works of Duncan Eves, a popular comedic Sci-Fi writer.
channel = #bay12lb

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are on a service elevator.
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2011, 02:08:24 pm »

Give an aside glance, then use it to determine where the fourth wall is. Look in the direction of the fourth wall to see if there's any useful information on it, like a channel logo in the corner.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2011, 02:12:24 pm »

You turn around, and find that the fourth wall of this elevator is also a door, which presumably opens inwards.
channel = #bay12lb

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2011, 02:44:18 pm »

Interesting. Examine the door.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2011, 02:55:36 pm »

The door is a uniform sheet of dull grey metal, broken only by a glass window, through which you see the outer wall of the ship rushing past. Judging from the length of the journey and the speed that the lift is rising, you guess that this ship is at least a mile high.
channel = #bay12lb

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2011, 06:51:41 pm »

After what seems like an eternity, in which you defeat a forgotten beast and fend off 12 goblin sieges (DF 1.5.23 is AMAZING!), and after the robot has finished his boring "err.."-filled monologue, the lift grinds to a halt, and the door behind you opens up to an opulent circular room, with tiled floor and walls and a grand, vaulted ceiling. Directly ahead is a desk, on which sits a box with a button on top, to your left is a box with an opaque glass front, and in between the two is a door decorated with art-deco motifs in brass. Lampstands line the edge of the room.

"Well, go on," the robot behind you says. "Go check in at the front desk!"
channel = #bay12lb

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: You are on the Starship Olympic.
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2011, 11:40:29 pm »

Punch the front desk instead.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2011, 01:04:49 am »

Start headbanging while flailing your arms up and down and violently screaming "SAUSAGE EGGS!"
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2011, 01:43:10 pm »

Punching the front desk, you jar the box with the button, causing it to unfold, and revealing that it is another robot, whose torso is attached to the desk. In appearance, it is similar to a desk lamp, in that it's head is made of a concave piece of metal, and it's eyes glow like light-bulbs. As soon as the robot has unfolded, you are once again struck by the urge to flail about wildly while screaming the names of breakfast food. This time, however, how are able to suppress it.

The robot on the desk regards you severely for a few moments, before saying: "Welcome, Guest number, uh.. One, to the most Glamorous Galactic Cruise Ship experience in the whole of the Space-Time Continuum, the Starship Olympic, the ship that cannot possibly go wrong. HA! My name is Drewbish, Marsinta Drewbish. I am the DeskBot. Do you have a resevation?"
channel = #bay12lb

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2011, 01:52:07 pm »

'Yeah.

Show me to my room DeskBot, I need to freshen up after the trip to get here.'
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7