Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 89

Author Topic: SV: 51% OTG: 79%  (Read 76167 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: SV: 27% OTG: 35%
« Reply #930 on: May 05, 2011, 04:23:09 pm »

You guys want to do this with Jonathan in the room?

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SV: 27% OTG: 35%
« Reply #931 on: May 05, 2011, 04:37:16 pm »

You guys want to do this with Jonathan in the room?

I beleive that the surgeon is still standing in the hallway. Cf. 'Surgeon: "So I can come into my room then?"'
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: SV: 28% OTG: 37%
« Reply #932 on: May 06, 2011, 02:45:12 pm »

> AddINV Surgeon.SurgicalMask
> Whisper Surgeon(Aye, tha's whit we're demonstratin' wi'. Noo, if ye'll just put thae glovies on, an' thae mask ye'll find i' yer pockets, we can begin. After tha' please rinse thae glovies wi the alcohol ye'l find i' thae unlabled bottle.)

Nodding, the surgeon opens the door. Jonathan grunts hello, and gingerly steps off the table, seeing as the surgeon needs the work space.

The surgeon hauls all the items into the room, and puts on the mask and gloves, rinsing them in the alcohol.

The surgeon points to Jonathan:
"Should he really be in the room while we're preforming the experiment?"

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: May 06, 2011, 02:52:43 pm »

> Whisper Surgeon(Em.. nay. ye're right. we could infect him wi the sickness in thae bottle labelled wi a skull. d'ye hae ony other rooms he could gae tae? also, dinnae let him walk on tha' bad leg o' his. ye got ony crutches?)
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: May 06, 2011, 04:40:56 pm »

> Whisper Surgeon(Em.. nay. ye're right. we could infect him wi the sickness in thae bottle labelled wi a skull. d'ye hae ony other rooms he could gae tae? also, dinnae let him walk on tha' bad leg o' his. ye got ony crutches?)

The surgeon shakes his head.

Surgeon:
"This is my only room that he could stay in. Also, I don't have any crutches. Firewood is expensive."

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: May 06, 2011, 04:43:11 pm »

ADDinv johnothan'sroom (Crutches)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SV: 29% OTG: 39%
« Reply #936 on: May 06, 2011, 04:47:46 pm »

ADDinv johnothan'sroom (Crutches)

Jonathan slowly walks over to the crutches, and uses them.

Jonathan:
"That's better."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: May 06, 2011, 07:20:40 pm »

Soltesz eventually stops in front of a mansion. Above the gate is a coat-of-arms, the same as the one on Soltesz's jerkin, except less aged and discoloured. Soltesz enters through the gate, and makes his way along the side of the mansion, entering through a servant's door. Soltesz mumbling some greetings to the other servants, starts to walk through the maze of servant's hallways. The hallways are drab and dark, and filled with servants, labourers and butlers, all scurrying off to some duty or another. Finally, Soltesz reaches a plain wooden door, and opens it.

The room inside is just as small and dark as the hallways. A pile of mouldy straw lies in one corner of the room. A small chest, full of personal items, is also in the room. Soltesz makes his way to a stool in another corner of the room, and sits on it. He pauses a second to wipe the sweat from his brow.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: May 08, 2011, 02:35:19 am »

>whisper Jonathan (Okay, head over and drink one of the cups from that box. Its super healthy stuff. Then get the hell out of the room, because this next bit will be dangerous. Find your way to a nearby inn or something, catch a ride if you need, we'll provide you with cash of course. We'll provide you with anything you need for entertainment, because the next bit will be boring - you get to wait and hopefully feel a bit better. We'll do what can to speed up your healing time and provide you with plenty of food and money. Get yourself a nice comfy room and all that.)
>whisper surgeon (I'll explain the process to you. We'll make sure Jon is out of the room before we do anything dangerous. You're going to take a blade and make a small cut on each of the rats, and then carefully dab some of the goo from the canister with the skull on it on each of the wounds. We'll put the rats to sleep before this bit to help you out. The leftmost rat is our control - we will simply watch and see how he reacts. The central rat, treat the wound as you would treat a persons wound. For the last rat, use the alcohol and a cloth to scrub the wound, then coat it with goo from the container labeled with a heart. This will easily allow us to see differences between methodologies for dealing with basic operations that involve breaking the skin, and hopefully demonstrate some of our skills. Do you understand?)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: May 08, 2011, 02:44:43 pm »

>whisper Jonathan (Okay, head over and drink one of the cups from that box. Its super healthy stuff. Then get the hell out of the room, because this next bit will be dangerous. Find your way to a nearby inn or something, catch a ride if you need, we'll provide you with cash of course. We'll provide you with anything you need for entertainment, because the next bit will be boring - you get to wait and hopefully feel a bit better. We'll do what can to speed up your healing time and provide you with plenty of food and money. Get yourself a nice comfy room and all that.)

Jonathan walks over to the box, and pulls out a cup. He proceeds to drink it.

Jonathan:
"Gods, what's in that stuff?"

Shrugging, Jonathan slowly limps out of the room, and down the stairs. He looks around.

Jonathan:
"Huh, an old friend of mine lives nearby. Mind if I stay with him? Or will I put his life in danger if I go?"

>whisper surgeon (I'll explain the process to you. We'll make sure Jon is out of the room before we do anything dangerous. You're going to take a blade and make a small cut on each of the rats, and then carefully dab some of the goo from the canister with the skull on it on each of the wounds. We'll put the rats to sleep before this bit to help you out. The leftmost rat is our control - we will simply watch and see how he reacts. The central rat, treat the wound as you would treat a persons wound. For the last rat, use the alcohol and a cloth to scrub the wound, then coat it with goo from the container labeled with a heart. This will easily allow us to see differences between methodologies for dealing with basic operations that involve breaking the skin, and hopefully demonstrate some of our skills. Do you understand?)

The surgeon looks carefully at the bottles.

Surgeon:
"That double-humped arrowhead is supposed to be a heart, right?"

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: May 08, 2011, 02:54:17 pm »

>whisper johnothan (Yeah, that's fine. we'll figure out what the hell to do with Soltesz now.)

>whisper Soltesz (Hey, just who is you're master?)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: May 08, 2011, 03:00:15 pm »

>whisper Jonathan (I don't think it would make things any worse for him, no. I mean, considering the situation, most everyone in the city is in a bit of danger, no? Regardless, you're on relaxation duty for quite a while - We might have more stuff for you to do later, but not now, try and stay out of trouble. If the friend is okay with regularly changing your bandages, all the better. As always, ask us if you need coins or something. We're going to be speeding up your bodily functions to promote healing once your settled in, but we'll have to be careful about it. Hopefully, we can get you well on the path to healing before any infections set in.)

>whisper surgeon (Ah, the beauty of symbolism. Yes, I think that's supposed to be the heart. - I was going for something a bit more anatomically correct, but who am I to complain? Well, our friend is out of the room, so if you're ready to go, I'll put the rats to sleep now, or at least make them sluggish. If you have any questions, let me know, and start when you're ready.)

>ChangeCHEM(Rats.0.3)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SV: 35% OTG: 42%
« Reply #942 on: May 08, 2011, 07:39:49 pm »

>whisper johnothan (Yeah, that's fine. we'll figure out what the hell to do with Soltesz now.)

>whisper Jonathan (I don't think it would make things any worse for him, no. I mean, considering the situation, most everyone in the city is in a bit of danger, no? Regardless, you're on relaxation duty for quite a while - We might have more stuff for you to do later, but not now, try and stay out of trouble. If the friend is okay with regularly changing your bandages, all the better. As always, ask us if you need coins or something. We're going to be speeding up your bodily functions to promote healing once your settled in, but we'll have to be careful about it. Hopefully, we can get you well on the path to healing before any infections set in.)

Jonathan: "Right. Tell me if you need me."

>whisper Soltesz (Hey, just who is you're master?)

Soltesz: "Hmm? Oh, it's Lady Andrea of Dreher. Or at least her steward. I've never actually seen her."

>whisper surgeon (Ah, the beauty of symbolism. Yes, I think that's supposed to be the heart. - I was going for something a bit more anatomically correct, but who am I to complain? Well, our friend is out of the room, so if you're ready to go, I'll put the rats to sleep now, or at least make them sluggish. If you have any questions, let me know, and start when you're ready.)

>ChangeCHEM(Rats.0.3)

The rat's chemical rate has been changed to 0.3 times normal.

Surgeon: "How exactly are you going to put the rats to sleep?"

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: May 08, 2011, 07:48:54 pm »

>whisper surgeon (By slowing down all their life process. Aging, movement, breathing, all that stuff.)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: May 08, 2011, 07:49:21 pm »

>whisper surgeon (By slowing down all their life process. Aging, movement, breathing, all that stuff.)

Surgeon: "And how exactly are you doing this?"
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 89