Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 89

Author Topic: SV: 51% OTG: 79%  (Read 76366 times)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: SV: 9% OTG: 17%.
« Reply #570 on: April 18, 2011, 02:31:19 pm »

I am guessing that this is what I got from asking for mutations. Not exactly what I was aiming for.

Unless you can give retractable swordarms by altering chemical processes.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: SV: 13% OTG: 19%.
« Reply #571 on: April 18, 2011, 03:16:52 pm »

>Whisper to Jorg and Johnathan (Hweel, mebbe ye should tell us all thet ye ken aboot them.)

Jonathan: "Let's see now. Well, first, they come from the north. Way up north. Even past the Verneka. Even the Vernlid don't know how far north they live."

Jorg pipes in: "I once overheard a Vernlid trader saying that the land they live in has only one day a year. 6 months of daytime, and 6 months of night."

Jonathan nods.

Jonathan:
"Aye. And it's covered with jungle, and during the night, the plants glow. Anyways, the point is that only they really know where their homeland is. For a long time, the Xan have been a thorn in the side for us. But with the help of the Vernlid, we pushed them back whenever they decided to show up."

Jorg: "Yeah, but then 200 years ago or something, they started getting more organized and better equipped. And they started coming yearly, instead of every-so-often. That was the start of the Onflit. My grandfather was one of the first to fight in the Onflit."

Jorg beams.

Jonathan:
"Right. The Onflit. From what I remember, the Xan started to become a problem when they came every year. However, their armies would always come in August, while ours would start campaigning in the spring. Which meant that if our armies were decimated trying to retake our lands, we were screwed till the start of winter. Long story short, they started to encroach on our lands, taking more year-by-year. Say, 50 years ago, they've managed to control half of our former territories. Luckily, or so we thought, the gun was invented. The next two years we smashed the Xan in every battle, with the musket adding lethal force to our pike-squares. Then the Xan came under the command of a man they called Dichiphc, or some foreign crap like that."

Jorg cuts in: "I thought it was Icihnphc?"

Jonathan: "Bah. Whatever it is, it means the Conqueror. As you can see, he earned his name well. Less than fifty years, and we're left with this."

Jonathan waves his hand.

Jonathan:
"One city, with the defences pointing the wrong way, the largest army in the world in front of our gates, with a madman on the Golden Throne, and thugs ruling the streets. If it wasn't for the Southern Kingdoms, we would have been overrun long ago. As it is, it's barely worth it."

Code: [Select]
Add INV Johnatan pocket>Candy
Say>Do not pay attention to THAT voice. Here is a candy.

Error: No person named Johnatan in the area. Please re-enter your command with the correct parameters.

And explosions right? Because all that sounds cool but I need real explosions to seal the deal.
Let's try something,  shall  we? Seal> Street Lion's eyes.

Error: Eyes cannot be sealed. Please re-enter your command with the correct parameters.

>ChangeCHEM RandomStreetLion1.2 ((Therefore increasing his metabolism by 200%))
>ChangeCHEM RandomStreetLion2.(0.5) ((Therefore halving his metabolism))

The rate of chemical reactions have been changed for the following objects: StreetLion 1 and 2.

A Street Lion, carrying a bundle of wood, suddenly starts to pick up his paced. A confused look crosses his face.

Another Street Lion, carrying an empty bucket, slows down, and falls over woodenly. A couple of nearby people point and laugh at him.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: April 18, 2011, 03:28:39 pm »

say (Hello there. I'm new, so please excuse any mistakes I may make.

So, this foreign conquerer guy. Is he a good commander, able to work with the recourses on hand, or did he give the xan muskets?)

> /help checkCHEM

> /help changeCHEM

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: April 18, 2011, 03:34:16 pm »

>ChangeCHEM RandomStreetLion1.2 ((Therefore increasing his metabolism by 200%))
>ChangeCHEM RandomStreetLion2.(0.5) ((Therefore halving his metabolism))

The rate of chemical reactions have been changed for the following objects: StreetLion 1 and 2.

A Street Lion, carrying a bundle of wood, suddenly starts to pick up his paced. A confused look crosses his face.

Another Street Lion, carrying an empty bucket, slows down, and falls over woodenly. A couple of nearby people point and laugh at him.

I think that demonstrates my hypothesis fairly soundly. now, to weaponise it.

>ChangeCHEM StreetLion1.(.05)
>ChangeCHEM StreetLion2.2 ((To normalise the street lions i altered before))
>ChangeCHEM AllStreetLions.(0.25) ((Should incapacitate them but not kill them))

EDIT:
say (Hello there. I'm new, so please excuse any mistakes I may make.

So, this foreign conquerer guy. Is he a good commander, able to work with the recourses on hand, or did he give the xan muskets?)

>Veto

Use "Whisper" or everyone will hear you
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: April 18, 2011, 04:18:25 pm »

See, I don't know about that. We're doing an awful lot of conversation - if other people are around, we might be better of letting them hear us (and assuming the other guy was talking or something) or there is something wrong with THEM rather than letting them think our dudes have "the crazy"

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: April 18, 2011, 05:01:46 pm »

Of course. we all know what happened to johan...

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SV: 17% OTG: 21%.
« Reply #576 on: April 18, 2011, 07:17:29 pm »

> /help checkCHEM

> /help changeCHEM

CheckCHEM (<x>): Checks the rate of object <x>'s chemical processes. Unless object <x> has been affected with the ChangeCHEM command, the chemical processes should be at normal.
ChangeCHEM (<x>.<y>): Change object <x>'s chemical processes to <y> times normal. <y> must be an integer. Entering 1 into the <y> parameter would return object <x>'s chemical processes to normal. Note that ChangeCHEM only affects chemical processes. If ChangeCHEM is too high or low, <x> may not preform as expected, as physical limitations affect the chemical processes.

>ChangeCHEM StreetLion1.(.05)
>ChangeCHEM StreetLion2.2 ((To normalise the street lions i altered before))

The Street Lion running through the streets suddenly stops, and falls on his face.
The second Street Lion rapidly raises himself off the ground. A burst of barely understandable speech passes past his lips:
"Whatthehell?"

>ChangeCHEM AllStreetLions.(0.25) ((Should incapacitate them but not kill them))

Calculating CPU usage... Done.
Calculating RAM usage... Done.
Error: The number of CPU cycles needed is greater than the total capacity of the CPU.
Error: The total amount of RAM needed is greater than the total capacity of the RAM.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: April 18, 2011, 07:25:45 pm »

Whisper Jorg and Jonathan (Would you please get to the courtyard and get in the huge metal thing?)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: April 18, 2011, 07:30:52 pm »

Say (So, how are you guys feeling about one of the lieutenants killing Aberle?)

Attempting to instigate rebellion...

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: April 18, 2011, 08:51:40 pm »

Okay. normalising didnt work. so, i guess i'll have to do as the help command said.

>ChangeCHEM StreetLion1.1
>ChangeCHEM StreetLion2.1

>Whisper to Jorg and Johnathan(Here: thus may starrltul ye, bu ah'm goin' tae increase yer chemical processies, which will hae thae effect o' speedin' ye op. it will mak it easier foer ye tae get safely tae tha jail, then ah'll set ye back to normal. brace yersel's fer a huge jump in speed!)

> ChangeCHEM Jorg.10
> ChangeCHEM Johnathan.10
channel = #bay12lb

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: April 18, 2011, 09:46:49 pm »

Dude, you're gonna kill them. From adrenaline poisoning and waaaay too fast metabolism.
So, Veto.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 10:05:11 pm by Phantom »

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: April 18, 2011, 11:06:27 pm »

Phantom, did you accpet my rather long winded apolgy and explantion for past actions?
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: April 18, 2011, 11:08:38 pm »

Dude, you're gonna kill them. From adrenaline poisoning and waaaay too fast metabolism.
So, Veto.
okay. i'll lower it to 200%. how's that?

> ChangeCHEM Jorg.10
> ChangeCHEM Johnathan.10

> Veto
> ChangeCHEM Jorg.2
> ChangeCHEM Johnathan.2
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 11:11:04 pm by hubris_incalculable »
channel = #bay12lb

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: April 19, 2011, 09:35:17 am »

That should be okay, I suppose.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SV: 25% OTG: 25%.
« Reply #584 on: April 19, 2011, 03:07:13 pm »

Whisper Jorg and Jonathan (Would you please get to the courtyard and get in the huge metal thing?)

Jonathan: "We're going, we're going."

Say (So, how are you guys feeling about one of the lieutenants killing Aberle?)

A Street Lion barely stops to laugh. The rest give expressions of disbelief, and continue on their way.

>ChangeCHEM StreetLion1.1
>ChangeCHEM StreetLion2.1

The two Street Lions, confused, wonder what was happening to them.

>Whisper to Jorg and Johnathan(Here: thus may starrltul ye, bu ah'm goin' tae increase yer chemical processies, which will hae thae effect o' speedin' ye op. it will mak it easier foer ye tae get safely tae tha jail, then ah'll set ye back to normal. brace yersel's fer a huge jump in speed!)

> ChangeCHEM Jorg.2
> ChangeCHEM Johnathan.2[/font]

Jorg barely utters a word of protest, before he and Jonathan nearly double their speed, Jorg's cries of protest accelerating into an comprehensible mess. The two rush through the streets and roads, hiding whenever any Street Lions appear. Eventually, they turn  the corner of an alley, and catch sight of the jail.

A large, open forum surrounds the jail. A symbol of wealthier times, the forum is covered with dirt, and a few patches of brown weeds. An almost constant stream of Street Lions move in and out of the jail, carrying supplies and the wounded. While no-one is fighting in the forum, the crackle of musketry is shockingly close, and several more barricades are being constructed at the entrances to the forum. One of the barricades under construction seems to have a Bentley Continental in it.

Jonathan surveys the forum from the safety of the alleyway. His disapproving grunt is oddly high-pitched.

Jorg:
"Gods howlonghasitbeensincewe'veate?"

Jonathan reaches into his pocket, and pulls out a sticky mess of fruit. He hands half of it to Jorg, while he. contemplatively, eats the rest.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 89