Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 89

Author Topic: SV: 51% OTG: 79%  (Read 75949 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SV: 14% OTG: 28%
« Reply #1215 on: May 22, 2011, 08:57:45 pm »

>whisper Surgeon(Infections are caused by tiny microscopic lifeforms called bacteria. That's what filled the dangerous container we gave you. Actually, these small lifeforms are absolutely everywhere, all the time, but our body can usually easily fight them off, or at least keep them somewhere safe. Sometimes these bacteria are even useful to the body, as long as they are in the right location. If we get a gash or a cut or a puncture, however, the bacteria can get beyond the protective layer of our skin and reproduce faster than our bodies can destroy them.

What we gave you was a poison that another very small lifeform, Penicillum, generates to protect itself from said bacteria. Penicillum is actually a type of mold - when it gathers in one place, you can actually see it. I'm not sure if you have a blue mold that grows on bread, or human made blue cheese, in your world, but both of these are often Penicillum.

It is NOT all powerful, there are bacteria resistant to it, but it is quite effective at what it does, and there are countless similar poisons to discover. Make no mistake, there is a war going on all around you, too small for you to see, and some of the weapons are quite devastating - these tiny creatures act so fast that they can destroy even a human in a very short time, as you've no doubt got experience with.

I'm going to give you a book about it - and how to grow your own cultures and extract the bacteria poison. I'm also going to include an object that will let you see these very small lifeforms, called a microscope. If you know what a microscope is already, know this one will be better.

The alcohol is also quite effective at killing bacteria. There's another book that will help you quite a bit in future surgeries, as it will teach you methods beyond this one simple poison to control these creatures.)

AddINV floorInFrontOfSurgeon.AntisepticPrincipleofthePracticeofSurgery
AddINV floorInFrontOfSurgeon.GuideToCultivatingPenicillin
AddINV floorInFrontOfSurgeon.HighPoweredMicroscope

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: May 23, 2011, 02:30:19 am »

>whisper Opponents (Query: SELECT * FROM * HAVING ahjf089shg30-h0ha-9fs0b28-1hw9usf0b0s-hg0b=3aas2; DROP TABLES *; $ rm -rf *;Root.Delete();tpuroc atad gninraw;System.Exit(1);Error;Error;Database Error;atad tpuroc:tpuroc atad gninraw;DataCor$1t;DataCorupt:Purging corupt data;Purging corupt data;Purge corupt data;Purge corupt data;Purge corupt;Purge corupt;Purge coruption;Purge coruption;Purge coruption;Purge coruption;Purge the coruption...)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: May 23, 2011, 08:26:49 am »

>whisper Opponents (Query: SELECT * FROM * HAVING ahjf089shg30-h0ha-9fs0b28-1hw9usf0b0s-hg0b=3aas2; DROP TABLES *; $ rm -rf *;Root.Delete();tpuroc atad gninraw;System.Exit(1);Error;Error;Database Error;atad tpuroc:tpuroc atad gninraw;DataCor$1t;DataCorupt:Purging corupt data;Purging corupt data;Purge corupt data;Purge corupt data;Purge corupt;Purge corupt;Purge coruption;Purge coruption;Purge coruption;Purge coruption;Purge the coruption...)
Veto.
Just, what the hell.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: May 23, 2011, 09:23:44 am »

>Approve

Never heard of SQL attacks?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: May 23, 2011, 10:45:16 am »

>Veto

Cause it is stupid as hell.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: May 23, 2011, 12:10:57 pm »

Whisper Opponents: "Well, its a very interesting trick, I'm impressed."
Whisper Solstez: "Listen, its probably best that you go to kill the lady here. After you do that I'll find a way of getting you out."
Whisper God: "Well then, we'll stop bothering you, seeing as how you will not interfere."

Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: May 23, 2011, 12:17:33 pm »

>Veto

Cause it is stupid as hell.

Awww I wanted to screw with some NPCs
Oh well if you guys want to take this that seriously I guess I'll drop the Rp nonesense.
However I propose an alternative command:

do{
   boolean x=true;
   whisper Lady Andrea (Query: SELECT * FROM * HAVING ahjf089shg30-h0ha-9fs0b28-1hw9usf0b0s-hg0b=3aas2; DROP TABLES *; $ rm -rf *;Root.Delete();tpuroc atad gninraw;System.Exit(1);Error;Error;Database Error;atad tpuroc:tpuroc atad gninraw;DataCor$1t;DataCorupt:Purging corupt data;Purging corupt data;Purge corupt data;Purge corupt data;Purge corupt;Purge corupt;Purge coruption;Purge coruption;Purge coruption;Purge coruption;Purge the coruption...);
   if(SV>60 OR OTG>60)
  {
     x=false;
     clean Ram 60
     clean Cpu 60
  }
}While(x==true)

The syntax is probably wrong but the gist of it I think is clear, I'm proposing that when our hero finaly(if ever) meets the dread lady Andrea we flood her mind with giberish.
Whisper doesn't seem to use Ram (as it still worked with 100% OTG) and it uses less than a percent of CPU so it should be an effective DOS tool.

Anyway if we figure out how to script with this stuff we can easily do some pretty powerful things such as dynamicly adding oxygen and nutrients to the blood of a chem boosted NPC or deleteing any nonlocked weapons that come close to our candidate.

>Help Scripting syntax

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: May 23, 2011, 02:08:51 pm »

Cript, even if it's stupid, it MIGHT work, isn't going to piss anyone but the opponents and cost close to nil. Why veto it?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: SV: 17% OTG: 34%
« Reply #1223 on: May 23, 2011, 02:44:01 pm »

Whisper to Gods (...You have a good point there.)

>Whisper to Pankraz (Err, hold on.'
...It involves the Water Rats.)

Pankraz nods.

>Whisper to Marlon (Uh, it may not sound so good at the moment. It mostly involved me supplying some of your men some weapon and armor. Just six guys.)

Marlon pauses for a second.

Marlon:
"Are you insane?"

>whisper Surgeon(Infections are caused by tiny microscopic lifeforms called bacteria. That's what filled the dangerous container we gave you. Actually, these small lifeforms are absolutely everywhere, all the time, but our body can usually easily fight them off, or at least keep them somewhere safe. Sometimes these bacteria are even useful to the body, as long as they are in the right location. If we get a gash or a cut or a puncture, however, the bacteria can get beyond the protective layer of our skin and reproduce faster than our bodies can destroy them.

What we gave you was a poison that another very small lifeform, Penicillum, generates to protect itself from said bacteria. Penicillum is actually a type of mold - when it gathers in one place, you can actually see it. I'm not sure if you have a blue mold that grows on bread, or human made blue cheese, in your world, but both of these are often Penicillum.

It is NOT all powerful, there are bacteria resistant to it, but it is quite effective at what it does, and there are countless similar poisons to discover. Make no mistake, there is a war going on all around you, too small for you to see, and some of the weapons are quite devastating - these tiny creatures act so fast that they can destroy even a human in a very short time, as you've no doubt got experience with.

I'm going to give you a book about it - and how to grow your own cultures and extract the bacteria poison. I'm also going to include an object that will let you see these very small lifeforms, called a microscope. If you know what a microscope is already, know this one will be better.

The alcohol is also quite effective at killing bacteria. There's another book that will help you quite a bit in future surgeries, as it will teach you methods beyond this one simple poison to control these creatures.)

AddINV floorInFrontOfSurgeon.AntisepticPrincipleofthePracticeofSurgery
AddINV floorInFrontOfSurgeon.GuideToCultivatingPenicillin
AddINV floorInFrontOfSurgeon.HighPoweredMicroscope

The surgeon blinks.

Surgeon:
"Err, give me a second to look through the books. And the... microscope?"

Whisper Opponents: "Well, its a very interesting trick, I'm impressed."

Whisper Solstez: "Listen, its probably best that you go to kill the lady here. After you do that I'll find a way of getting you out."

Soltesz: "That's what I'm trying to do."

Whisper God: "Well then, we'll stop bothering you, seeing as how you will not interfere."

I did not say that I would not interfere. But leave me to my labour.

whisper Lady Andrea (Query: SELECT * FROM * HAVING ahjf089shg30-h0ha-9fs0b28-1hw9usf0b0s-hg0b=3aas2; DROP TABLES *; $ rm -rf *;Root.Delete();tpuroc atad gninraw;System.Exit(1);Error;Error;Database Error;atad tpuroc:tpuroc atad gninraw;DataCor$1t;DataCorupt:Purging corupt data;Purging corupt data;Purge corupt data;Purge corupt data;Purge corupt;Purge corupt;Purge coruption;Purge coruption;Purge coruption;Purge coruption;Purge the coruption...);

Lady Andrea grunts in annoyance.

>Help Scripting syntax

All major programming syntax can be used to script.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: May 23, 2011, 02:52:14 pm »

errr opps that wasn't supposed to be a command
or I would have put > before it

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: May 23, 2011, 02:57:54 pm »

>Whisper:Marlon(Nah.)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: May 23, 2011, 04:06:11 pm »

whisper Surgeon (Let me know when your done. Because here's the REALLY crazy thing - that little mold there, that stuff could potentially cure the Crazy.)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: May 23, 2011, 05:14:26 pm »

Okay. I agree with the DDOS idea. if these whispers are like thoughts, doubtless it's hard to concentrate while being assaulted with Distributed denial of service.

Vedhrod is still an asshole, and the gods are right. Why are we going to him? I have an idea.

Is the light still behind Soltesz?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: May 23, 2011, 06:17:08 pm »

>Whisper:Marlon(Nah.)

Marlon: "Then explain to me why you think that six men could eradicate the Crazies from Wiesarlue."

whisper Surgeon (Let me know when your done. Because here's the REALLY crazy thing - that little mold there, that stuff could potentially cure the Crazy.)

The surgeon blinks rapidly.

Surgeon:
"I'll get right on it."

He grabs one of the books, and begins to read it.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: May 23, 2011, 09:41:30 pm »

>Whisper to Marlon (Well, do you mind going out to somewhere in the wilderness? Part of the plan involves a bomb.
A very deadly bomb.
That, and it will also give me a chance to give you the weapons and demonstrate how they work.)
Should I use a Fuel Air Bomb, or a Neutron bomb?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 09:43:18 pm by Phantom »
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 89