Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Urist McEveryone cannot _______; your entire army just went batshit crazy.  (Read 3829 times)

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So.

My yearly dwarf visitors (caravan), got pissy with me about how I didn't want to give them something to the tune of 3000 (Uristbucks?) worth of extra crap for the, like, 1000 (Uristbucks?) worth of gear I proposed trading with them. Since I wasn't going to take any lip from them for not wanting to be completely robbed for a few bags of cloth, I walled their sorry asses in.

They flipped their shit.

About 4 merchants when emo, and two went berserk. Their own guards put them down pretty quick, but not before exploding animals and items all over the place outside the walls. My people came and cleaned up most of the items, leaving the animals. I decided, "what the heck, I'm going to be treated as a thief for the animals too," and sent my army to kill a yak that was chilling out there, being all emo too.

All of a sudden, I'm getting spammed everywhere about how my dwarfs are being interrupted by "Fighter" (my custom profession name for cannon fodder). My army was systematically murdering every living thing in my fort, animals, children, workers, bees, etc.

I guess I'm just saying: unless you're looking for some really fast-acting fun, you might not want to do that.

malroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ahh I love the smell of Loyalty cascades in the morning.
Why couldn't my vampire Hammerer eat someone useless, like a migrant? Instead, she went after my only gemcutter.. but sadly there were no witnesses, so I convicted someone's pet duck as the murderer.  It got off easy, with no beatings or jail time.  >.<

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

lolololololol

loyalty cascade man

your military was all loyal to the mountain homes and when you killed the animals that still belonged to the mountainhomes, they started killing every non loyal person, which basically means everyone else in your fort

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile

Yet another Loyalty cascade thread  8)
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had a feeling that's what was going to happen when I sent the army out there in the first place.

I have some wonderful pictures of the map after a season-long murder spree.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Loyalty Cascade.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Krelos

• Bay Watcher
  • Was nauseated by the sun recently.
    • View Profile

I once used Runesmith to make a soldierdwarf's baby an "invading enemy"

There were 2 dwarves left over at the end, apparently the only 2 who didn't think the other was an enemy.
One of them was the mother, still carrying the invader baby.
Quote from: Ravenplucker
Quote from: Aklyon
Quote from: smokingwreckage
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.
or maybe throw them into the large hadron collider to atom-smash them instead.
Not to mention to throw all available animals into tiny pits.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

You must post them.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You must post them.
Since you asked, I will.

I'm also open to suggestions on the easiest way to post them here. I'm kind of used to posting in forums that import directly from my computer; I don't see that option here. Last time I used an image hosting site was probably 6 years ago, so really, I just need a suggestion on the best one to use.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Above ground:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Below ground:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Took me forever to find an image hosting site for the file size. I'll explain the edits when I get the second one posted.

Edit: So, what you see entirely is a badly built fortress (I'm still learning the intricacies). What you can't see though, is how everything went down. The reddish square is where I had the trade caravan trapped.

I probably should have realized the idiocy of having it set against my moat. Basically, what happened was when the merchants started going all nutso, items exploded and shot over the wall onto the ground, into the water...and for one unlucky camel, all the way across the moat into a secluded spot that would be its death nearly a season later. This is shown in the green circles. All of the guards are still alive, and this is important, because they play a part in things later.

Some of the merchants also made it outside the walls, but for some reason, it only ended up being the melancholy ones. A lot of the animals went melancholy as well, save for the one Yak or Buffalo (I cannot remember) that went berserk. I then decided to put down the Yak-Buffalo.

Shit got real.

All of a sudden, people are exploding, and their bodies are literally being knocked into the water, nearly three squares away in some places. This is signified by the green circles on the underground pic.

After the initial shock-wave of death, people started losing their minds. One of the most important ones was my mayor, who started pulling levers. One of them being the draw bridge, yellow circle on top level, and the underwater farm I had made a hatch for water, signified by the red circle underground.

The moment he pulled the lever to the farm, the water became shallow enough for the 5 merchant guards to hop into. With the water rushing as fast as it was, they were all pushed right into my base from underwater, where they slaughtered nearly every one of the rest of my dwarves; all of whom were completely insane and incapable of defending theirself.

And that's my story.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 12:07:40 am by dirty foot »

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, and all the red is obviously blood for the blood gods.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

I TOLD YOU ABOUT LOYALTY CASCADES MAN
I WARNED YOU BRO
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I TOLD YOU ABOUT LOYALTY CASCADES MAN
I WARNED YOU BRO
It was pretty awesome though.

Especially the part where the guards just flowed with the moat right into my fort to mop up the rest of my dwarfs.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile

blood for the blood god
All that needs to be said.

Though it still is cooler in capslock - BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD !
Pages: [1] 2