Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sentients in Reactions?  (Read 3051 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Sentients in Reactions?
« on: March 30, 2011, 11:00:53 am »

Let's suppose you have little spoilermetal, but lots of dwarves. I would like to create a "Temple to Armok" workshop which uses a reaction that takes a dwarf and produces 2 bars of adamantine- destroying the dwarf in the process. Is this plausible?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Re: Sentients in Reactions?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 11:02:49 am »

It could create 2 bars of spoiler metal and syndrome object which caused death to the dwarf before burning up...?
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 11:30:32 am »

Wouldn't that also destroy the guy who was sacrificing the dwarf? The idea is we don't preserve the sacrifice...that, or it produces a random dwarf corpse.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 11:31:45 am »

We cannot use creatures in reactions.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 11:50:56 am »

you can only use vermin and tamed vermin in reactions as indegrient or as product, though inte thas later one you need to use a animal trap in the reaction as procut_to_container or the vermin is stuck in the workshop
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 12:44:10 pm »

We cannot use creatures in reactions.

It's probably just as well that [REAGENT:BABY:1] remains out of reach from modders.
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

AdeleneDawner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 03:19:03 pm »

Wouldn't that also destroy the guy who was sacrificing the dwarf? The idea is we don't preserve the sacrifice...that, or it produces a random dwarf corpse.

You wouldn't have a dwarf bring another dwarf to the temple, you'd have the sacrificial dwarf go on his own. It's a little less flavorful that way, but it'd work.
Dying (ceasing to be alive) is also not a Moodable skill. Even totally unskilled Dwarves seem to do it correctly.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 05:48:20 pm »

You wouldn't have a dwarf bring another dwarf to the temple, you'd have the sacrificial dwarf go on his own. It's a little less flavorful that way, but it'd work.

Put those in the appropriate files, and when you want to sacrifice someone, make them a soap maker and send them in for a bloody and quick death.  I'd put this workshop somewhere isolated, as the vapors from the reaction will spread and kill anything walking by the workshop when it happens.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 05:53:38 pm by narhiril »

AdeleneDawner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 05:51:22 pm »

[REACTION:SACRIFICE]
  [SKILL:SOAP_MAKER]

*snerk* Perfect.
Dying (ceasing to be alive) is also not a Moodable skill. Even totally unskilled Dwarves seem to do it correctly.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 05:54:34 pm »

[REACTION:SACRIFICE]
  [SKILL:SOAP_MAKER]

*snerk* Perfect.

It was between that and potash maker.  However, since I copied most of the code for the building from the soap maker, it was less of a hassle just to leave it the way it was.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 07:47:25 pm »

B-but Armok loves children most of all! Let the little children come to Him, except that instead of blessing them like Jesus, He eats them.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 10:34:19 pm »

The reaction should have a 50% chance not to let out the deadly gas, because it is judgment, and a dwarf may pass, or fail.

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2011, 10:46:19 pm »

The reaction should have a 50% chance not to let out the deadly gas, because it is judgment, and a dwarf may pass, or fail.
This is Armok we're talking about, there is no chance in hell they would pass.
My wife, on the other hand, is sitting right next to me on her own computer playing DF, and her worldgens and embarks yield copious amounts of flux and iron. Armok likes her best.
Ok I stuffed up some how... I have Forgotten beasts and Mosswines as a Hostile Civ...

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2011, 11:09:05 pm »

We can use blood in reactions, and we can buy and sell blood as well. Lets use blood instead.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 02:54:23 am »

just not that most worlds doesnt have  an "armok" some dwarven civs dont even have a god for war
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."
Pages: [1] 2