Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarftropolis U-  (Read 613 times)

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Dwarftropolis U-
« on: March 30, 2011, 10:54:45 am »

Ok, DT failed again the other day. I'd even started building marble houses, when I messed everything up.

So... I'm going to generate a world with a ridiculous amount of space below the surface, then the cavern layers all in one messy clump, and carve it out, with massive pillars and such. :D
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarftropolis U-
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 11:36:16 am »

Ok, we've got like a 200 zlevel embark here. Oh well.

I've started laying out a road network and a bedroom macro. ~95x65x2 is bedrooms for 36 dorfs.

Yeah, you read that right.

5x5 rooms, a 5x5 area in the corners for fun, 5 wide roads, and the block in the middle of the block will be hollow. Then each 'house' has an upstairs.

So z levels at roads will alternate between open and road, so we have a nice heigh ceiling, and then in the middle of the blocks is a huge open pit down with windows looking out, and at the bottom a massive open area with a huge road and a throne room.

EDIT:

Also decided to break from the norm a little.
Instead of having stairs up and the bedroom above the entrance to the house, the stairs go down and look out over the road below their house. :O I'm so rebbuleesh!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 11:52:21 am by EmperorJon »
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.